Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 57)

Hearing Loss tweaks - Got The T-Shirt

Posted: Feb 27th, 2016 - 7:49 pm In Reply to: Suggestions for a headset for hearing loss MT - Nothearing MT

If you haven't already tweaked your playback settings on your computer, that might help. Locate the speaker icon on your toolbar and right click it. Choose Open Volume Mixer, then left-click the icon for the device you use for listening. Click the Enhancements tab and put a check mark in the Bass Boost box. Then go to the Advanced tab and choose the highest-bit, highest-Hertz setting from the drop-down menu. Both of these tabs have preview buttons for you to hear the difference in changing these settings makes. You may find that changing other options in this window is helpful, too. Also, I've changed to a full ear-covering headset that blocks out external noise and magnifies the sound considerably. That's taken some getting used to, as it's over my head, not under my chin now! ;-) This is the one I use - it's not the newest version, so it's even more reasonable now, but it has very good reviews: https://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft+lifechat+lx-3000&oq=microsoft+lifechat&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.2315j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=microsoft+lifechat+lx-3000&tbm=shop&spd=10899614881125913814.
I had bilateral stapedectomies 20 years ago - I'm now to the point of using hearing aids. I hope this helps!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)