Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 31)

I'm wondering....I know all the "easy" work will end - up either off-shored or go to EMR

Posted: Feb 26th, 2016 - 1:08 pm

but the account I am on.....nothing but super long operative reports...VR doesn't do too well on them.  Not sure India can handle them.  I do not see doctors wanting to edit this crap.  

So it seems to me like there WILL always be a need for MT/VR editors...but the work will be like what I am experiencing on this account.  

So anyone thinking of getting into MT --- or wondering how long this "career" will last....that's my opinion....it WILL probably always be here....but don't expect to get nice-speaking, easy reports....you will be getting ONLY super long speedy talking or mush mouthed ESLs that can't be easily off-shored, aren't conducive to VR, and that the doctors are not going to deal with.

Either that or the doctors will be told to STOP dictating this type of report.  No more long OP notes. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)