Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Pablo - Old Pro

Posted: Feb 26th, 2016 - 9:50 am In Reply to: career change to MT - pablo

I'm sorry, but you are about 15 years too late. I am a retired MTSO/semi-retired MT and when I retired fulltime, we had about 500 applications for every job. And these applications came from people with 20-30 years of experience. This is a dying profession. I would not pay for my own niece's tuition to learn to do it because I think it is an obsolete career. You might as well train to be an elevator operator or horse and buggy driver. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that any school that would take your money to teach you a dying career needs to be looked at long and hard. Just for a test: Go over to the M*Modal and Nuance boards and see if you can find even ONE post from someone who loves their job and is happy there. These are two of the largest companies in the world. Or, better yet, call or e-mail several companies and ask them if they would be willing to take on a newbie. That will give you your answer. Please don't let yourself be PT Barnumed out of good money to learn a dying career. I wish you good luck and hope you can find a new career that will bring you a good income and enjoyment as well. MT isn't it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)