Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Comma usage with 'but' - Cindersue

Posted: Feb 18th, 2016 - 8:38 pm

I have a comma rant: A coworker recently told me I placed a comma incorrectly after the word 'but.' Ex: "My doctor told me I was okay, but my PCP said I should visit a dermatologist." She told me the comma needs to go after 'but' ..... My experience is as an MT since 2000, when I received my MT certification, after having completed the one-year course, had my own business for ten years, then worked as IC. She's been in MT for 17 years, self-taught, and she's very knowledgeable, however, she stands over my shoulder at times and tells me to remove commas, add commas, move them to a different part of the sentence, when I'm quite confident in my professional work experience, having gone through many, many QA processes down through the years.  Oh, and she also corrects my capitalization usage, I.e., Prolene and Vicryl should be capped, she says they don't. 

Comments? 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)