Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 30)

I agree that no one should be making what they did 20 years ago, sm - Heloise

Posted: Feb 12th, 2016 - 8:42 am In Reply to: Maybe if you paid decently, they wouldn't have to pad their lines. - Tired

let alone less.

However, "industry standard" can't just be ignored. If a business owner can't charge any more than they did 20 years ago or even has to charge less to get any accounts, then how can that business owner pay all their employees more every year? Unless you think the business owner should volunteer to take a bigger pay cut than yours every year themselves or even work his/her butt off without any pay at all just so you can have a job at more pay every year, that isn't going to work. No one can pay you 15 cents per line to work for them if that is all they are being paid. Sucks, but that doesn't make it any less true.

All the small MTSOs still left put together can't get the pay for this industry back up in the face of the big boys outsourcing overseas and taking advantage of all the stupid people happy to work at home for pin money to cut line rates.

I'd love to be able to charge and make what people could charge and make 20 years ago, but those days are gone. The most I was able to do was not cut pay, and that was a struggle and meant I had to watch every penny and make sure I wasn't cheated out of any. I never had a lot of subs, I didn't make big money myself, and I had my own rent to pay. I took on a few subs to make the bit more I needed to meet that rent, not to run a charity or become a patsy for con artists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)