Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 59)

Others are worse for pay maybe, but at least - they are honest

Posted: Dec 24th, 2015 - 7:02 am In Reply to: Do you have a problem with Nuance or with MT in general? - Just curious

Knowing you are getting 8 cpl no matter what, if there is OT you will be getting more, if you up your line count you will be getting more. Knowing you are with a good company who would not dream of inventing an elaborate system whereby they give with one hand and take with the other, well, that is why.

The real issue I have with Nuance is that it's such a crapshoot for us MTs as far as pay, and since our pay is so low to begin with we really can't have that.

As you have explained, I always tell myself that I make 8/4 cpl because I know that that is the lowest I will make and will probably make that more often than not.

HOWEVER, the FIESA games are what makes Nuance awful. This gouging in the name of "quality" is just something that makes you sick.

Case in point: In a normal MTSO, they ask for extra help, they give you extra money, maybe even proper time a half and/or a small bonus if you help. You do NOT have to then look at your email whereby they have picked through the work (that you did only to help!) because you missed some obscure item in the 12 page specs so now your entire pay is screwed back to 8 cpl because of one error.

So think about that, had you not "helped" your pay would be up to 10-11 cpl and so by "helping" you end up with a much lower lph because you were being careful, PLUS 8 cpl now, and probably the same end pay after all those extra hours of "help," plus your hourly rate will go down so if you take PTO you are screwed too. Thanks, Nuance.

I guess their response to that would be it's your fault because you weren't perfect every minute of every day? I guess? BS on that.

I have to think the people who developed FIESA make over $100,000 and to them this would be a fun game or something, but when you cut it as close as we do to minimum wage no, no fun. It's cruel.

There are many ways they could make it better. They COULD actually reward experienced, proven MTs and pay them a cent or two more per line NO MATTER WHAT FIESA SAYS. I can tell you if they did that they would get a lot of experienced and proven MTs to join them, which is what they really need. As experienced professionals, it would be good to know, for once, that we are making more than newbies and if we make a stupid error (which EVERYBODY does) we will not be back to square one.

They could make any OT or asked-for work not subject to FIESA at all or perhaps somehow more lenient. All those stringent specs should surely be only for the long time MTs of that account and not when they need extra help. If you are a quality MT you do quality work, so your pay should not be attacked because that one account uses GII, PII, instead of G2, P2.

On that note, what about giving the MTs first preference over at least their primary account and stop spreading the work so thin that we are forced to do 5 accounts and precious little of our primary, then we get to see reports that are mangled by those unfamiliar to our account and we just have to wonder why?

I like the work and the platform so I stay, that's what I always tell myself. But these FIESA games, oh boy, they are not EVER a reward, they are a penalty, and they are insidious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)