Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Rate to quote for our own accounts - Linda

Posted: Oct 18th, 2015 - 6:31 pm

I have seen several comments about what to charge as an IC with your own clients. Why would anyone think we should charge less than we were paid before when we had our own accounts?  We cannot make a living on 7, 8 or 9 CPL as an IC.  Just because the MTSOs forced us into ridiculously low rates does NOT mean was have to use that rate to quote new clients.  My last rate as an IC for client doctors was 14 CPL and that was about 10 years ago.  Why on earth does anyone think that rate should be cut in half?

There is no need to continue working for slave wages if you are offered an account directly for the MD or facility.  Doctors care about accuracy and turnaround.  MTSOs care about money, so while we cannot negotiate with an MTSO, we can quote a fair line rate directly to clients and the good ones will pay the cost.  

Please do not sell yourself short, as in doing so you prolong the fight for fair wages for the rest of us.

I think a fair rate would be between 14 and 18 CPL for transcription and 6 to 10 CPL for editing, depending on how much work the client requires that cannot be included the line rate (searching demographics, pulling old reports, entering data to the EMR, etc). 

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)