Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. (Views: 35)

I also work for a MTSO BUT...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Oct 20th, 2015 - 8:55 am In Reply to: I donât know - me

this small IC account kind of fell into my lap 7 years ago, and it happened to be working in an EMR for a doc who is an ESL cardiologist and can barely string an English sentence together. He has gotten better over the years because I am allowed to "fix up" his English, so his syntax has gotten a lot better because of that.

I think the point of this whole thread is that if you are given the opportunity to pick up an IC account, whether it be straight transcription and/or working in a small practice's EMR, is to not low ball your line rate and to charge a decent line rate. I agree that anywhere from 10-14 cpl is good depending on the nature of the work (specialty, ESL) and/or location, but that's something you'd have to determine when you are approached. You might be pleasantly surprised when they take you up on your offer.

I wouldn't want to try to live off a string of IC accounts of any size, and I wouldn't go out and try to solicit clients. I, too, like the stability of working for a MTSO as an employee with reliable work and some benefits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)