Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To answer your time question...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Oct 19th, 2015 - 7:32 am In Reply to: It's good to hear from those working in EMR - Linda

I used to open a Word document and transcribe the mornings' patients as 1 large file (to get my line count), then copied and pasted each patient's dictation into the EMR which was open in another window. There were anywhere from 6-14 patients. It took 5-10 minutes. About 2 years ago, they updated the EMR program; and when I did my copy/paste thing into the EMR, the lines would mess up. There would be 2 words on a line and then the rest of the line would wrap to a new line, and even the EMR help person could not figure out why it did that. So, that's when I changed to a per patient charge as I said above. Now I go directly into their EMR program (from home), I click on the patient's name and their file opens up. The doc dictates (separate audio file because the EMR does not have a dictate function) reason for visit, HPI, and A&P. I click to those parts of the EMR and simply type what he says. My expander works in the EMR and it has a dictionary, but not the best. As I do each section, I have to do a "save." When my input is complete, I click on "visit note" and I can see the complete note that will be sent to the PCP. It includes all I've done plus what the office staff has entered for that patient visit in the form of a letter addressed to the PCP. I close that, and I'm onto the next patient. It really is very simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)