Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Formula for calculating lines..(sort of) - me

Posted: Oct 14th, 2015 - 10:47 am In Reply to: QT lines - mom22

You may already know all this, but it sounds like maybe you have not been on the platform as long as I have (eons), so if you already know the following info, please forgive me. Just trying to help. Or maybe it will help someone else.

I don't know if this will help you or how you are calculating your lines, but this is what I do:

-Open Inscribe--View--Log.
-Enter your work week you want to check Sat. through Friday (or month or Jan. through current date if you want year to date).
-Leave client field blank.
-Click "Date Delivered" (This is important as some reports that go to QC etc. will go onto the next week's pay.)
-Click Search.
- In the top right you will see Standard Lines and Qualified Lines.
-Divide the Qualified Lines by 8.
-Add the Standard Lines.
-Take that number and do -5% on calculator.
-Multiply that number x the already known QA score from 2 weeks ago. (.08, .10 etc)
-This will give you your worst-case scenario for pay (deducting a full 5% for "having a good platform."

This is what I do and Nuance calculations always come out the same or a little bit more as I occasionally do some night and weekend work for which they pay a small bonus. However the bonus work basically never makes up for the -5% so it is not much of a bonus.

I totally agree with you that they should not deduct 5% from our lines just because we happen to have a good platform. It IS good. But it does not work as good as it used to since all the "upgrades." I have had some weird things happen on the platform where I had to X it out and re-open, then reload all my settings (Zoom, Quick Access Toolbar, etc) and that takes time. Thank God my reports USUALLY come back with the platform when I reload.

That 5% deduction often makes a tier difference and that is frustrating, but the 3,000 Indians they are so proud to be hiring is a much worse problem. Seems odd to me that they seem so proud to announce to the world that they are helping the poor Indians and in the meantime cutting American jobs. I say let the Indians transcribe their OWN reports. India has lots of doctors and I am sure there is plenty of transcription in their OWN country. Leave American jobs to Americans. Yeh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)