Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

We had a similar situation in that our pay - was bumped up for 6 months

Posted: Aug 10th, 2015 - 12:42 pm In Reply to: I beg to differ - not questioning

I think the degree of guilt they feel over reducing their employees to what they know Nuance will do to them is in direct correlation to the "false hope package" as I have come to think of it.

They assured us that we would be "up to speed" within six months. Of course, the inverse happened and we were reduced to penury.

The 6 months (or however long they delay the agony) is really a drop in the bucket from the payout (or sellout?) they get from Nuance, but it's good to know SOME companies at least try to share the wealth a little.

My company that sold out to Nuance I made very good money, I have since held no less than 4 part time jobs with smaller MTSOs to supplement Nuance and never have I approached what I make with Nuance - by which I mean like maybe $12/hr! All my other jobs were more like $9-10 if you were lucky. Not saying I couldn't make more eventually if I stuck out what I consider to be the 1 year "learning curve" time, but without exception the software was worse, the specs were worse, the expectation of looking stuff up and keeping records was worse, and the benefits were nonexistent or laughably unaffordable (just as Nuance's benefits are a joke).

Nicer people, sure. Better treatment without QA penalizing your pay, yes, but of course the pay was pretty low all around per line and rarely any bonuses offered unless you are credentialed. I have to wonder who can afford that elaborate process now and if it would ever be worth the percentage of a cent extra these places pay.

So somehow I have to think with the buyouts Nuance either wants to buy out the GOOD employers who can compete and still treat their employees well (very few of these left anymore - those 4 part time job companies I had I would be lucky to make $10/hr with, so I guess that is the price of staying in business and competing with Nuance).

So I am guessing either hospitals OR smaller companies they don't want to compete with? If they start shunting even the smaller, low paying MTSOs out as well, will they then lower the pay and working conditions even more because we would have no option? Hard to imagine, but that's usually the plan with acquisitions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)