Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 63)

I Kept Answering Local Ads - see msg

Posted: Aug 10th, 2015 - 9:19 am In Reply to: Congrats on getting out! - Val

I live in a smallish town, and I simply checked my Classifieds in my local newspaper. I also signed up with flexjobs.com (I think there was a discussion about them). I am not into Monster or Indeed---they just take any Tom, Dick or Harry job they see posted anywhere and post it.

Anyway ,between my local classifieds and flexjobs, I ended up with a few job prospects. I chose one out of the many offered, and ended up picking the one I saw in my local newspaper.

I work at an RV dealer, answering phones, greeting customers and getting their ads up on various on-line and paper publications. No complicated bookkeeping with complicated software programs (the owners do that). I just love it. It's just me, my boss and a salesperson (small operation), and they are both nice. No offices b*tches to deal with---been there, done that, quit them.

I am by far not a loner, but in the work place, I like being alone, save for a couple of people. The more people in an office, the more complicated the dynamics become.

I am just a couple of years from retirement, so this is perfect for me. I made my killing when MT was good, invested all those bucks, and am now in a position where it's okay to work part time at $10.00 per hour. If they offer me full time, I would take it.

You can do it! But it won't come to you. I can't tell you how many applications I filled out, how many "cold calls" I made, how many rejections I had, etc., but it just worked out great. Again, definitely start with your local newspaper, especially if you're in a fairly small area. The small local places looking for people don't generally branch out far looking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)