Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 45)

I agree... sounds like discrimination to me. - I once had a lender try to - sm

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2015 - 3:05 pm In Reply to: That's crapola. (nm) - Find another lender

discriminate against me when I was taking out a loan on a car. Even though I had a good full-time job and a good supplementary part-time job at the time, and made about $48K per year, they said I had to get a co-signer "because I was single." They also wanted to tack on extra "points." I called the dealership and told them that if they didn't straighten this out PRONTO, with no co-signer and no points, they'd be hearing from my lawyer.

Later, the owner of the dealership called back and told me what happened when he called the lender to pass along my message. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall for that one... the lender's representative, clad in a business suit and practically crawling on his belly with his tail between his legs, arrived in person and offered me the loan, at a lower interest rate!

I'll bet those *-holes were equally surprised when I paid the loan off 2 years early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)