Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 78)

Pathology - sm

Posted: Jul 9th, 2015 - 7:08 am In Reply to: Opinions About Pathology Transcription - Anonymous

I think that pathology transcription is somewhat unique because of its split-report style; i.e., a gross examination followed by a subsequent microscopic dictation. In some cases, an outside consultation is sought to confirm the diagnosis, thereby resulting in yet another addendum to the original dictation. Sometimes new slides have to be made to clarify the diagnosis, or a reexamination of specimens and existing slides. All of these have to be merged for a final report and checked for consistency.

The pathologists at my facility review every single word of every report before signing off and often type their own corrections/changes. My experience is that pathologists are unusually meticulous, though this may be an assumption on my part.

No field is exempt from VR invasion, but I imagine pathology would be one of the few hold-outs, at least for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)