Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I am in the exact same position.... - facing the exact same....

Posted: Jul 7th, 2015 - 3:21 pm In Reply to: I've been trying to find work outside of MT, and - have been having trouble because -

challenges. I keep getting the advice "go back to school". Well, I COULD do that IF I had the money. And I will be turning 60 next year, and people automatically think that either I am going to be retiring soon so why bother training her, OR that I get sick all the time and would constantly be taking off work for illness. So I am wondering if it would even be worth my while to go back to school at this point only to not be able to get a job because of my age! Would just be wasted money and time if going to school did not result in my getting a job. I wish these people could realize that our generation started out with NOBODY using computers except maybe large corporations, and that a large part of us have adapted right along as technology has advanced, and we ARE STILL CAPABLE OF LEARNING NEW THINGS!! Oh, and fact is, I can probably count on one hand the number of days in the last 20 years that I have called in sick. Our generation was brought up with the credo "No work, no pay", and you did not stay home with every little sniffle or ache or pain. We learned to persevere and go to work anyway!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)