Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I've been trying to find work outside of MT, and - have been having trouble because -

Posted: Jul 7th, 2015 - 3:05 pm In Reply to: Question for those who are attempting or who have gotten out of MT... - kl

of having worked in MT for so long. Even when I've got the necessary skills to do the job, too many of these places seem to want those skills to have been used in their same field. Customer service jobs want prior customer service experience. Many want bilingual. I'm having trouble with ageism too, and by not listing non-MT jobs I had back in the '70s before I even got into MT, it then appears I don't have the necessary skills. Of course, back then there was a technology difference, too! LOL... I used to work using manual typewriters, Addressograph machines, teletypes, and a plug-in switchboard!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)