Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I totally get - the jack of all trades.

Posted: Jul 8th, 2015 - 3:01 pm In Reply to: Smiling - Backwoods Typist

I also have a varied work history including plant nurseries, park ranger, proofreader/editor (not transcription), general office person, medical secretary, admin assistant, and--taking the wayback machine--housekeeper, waitress--you get the picture.

When I moved to the state I've now lived in for the past 25+ years I got into medical transcription by a fluke, left it and returned to it and eventually came home to work, which I loved.

I am not sorry I went into transcription because it is the one line of work that suited me to a T, but I am adrift now and probably won't be in my current position much longer. I had a frank discussion with the boss recently and hopefully I can find another spot in the company (he was very supportive of that) but if not, I will need to find something else fast because the savings is gone.

A lot of people have left this position so I know it isn't just me--just like a lot of people left my last position for similar reasons, though they are two very different jobs.

Seems with my combination of work history and education (for those who care about seeing a degree on a resume) I should be able to come up with something.

Right now I am so stressed it's hard to think straight or function, let alone sleep. I can't think of bigger and better right now; I can only think in terms of not going under. A lousy spot to be in as an "older worker", but hardly a unique one, and this too shall pass--one way or the other.

I am glad for you, pursuing an IT career. I hope it turns out to be just the ticket for you :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)