Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I Got Out - see msg

Posted: Jul 7th, 2015 - 5:13 pm In Reply to: Question for those who are attempting or who have gotten out of MT... - kl

I re-vamped my MT resume to highlight points like "experience in multiple hospital databases,"experience using multiple software programs."

It's really hard, because MTs don't use Excel, QuickBooks, etc., so I took a community class. I ended up not using it right away, so I lost my training, but at least I had a clue.

I am 60 now, and had a few bumps and bruises along the way, but I found just the right thing for me.

To address the BS degree in healthcare, if it's not fairly recent, it may not help. I have a friend who was a nurse 20 years ago and wanted to go back into nursing, but she was too far out from nursing experience. Sooo much had changed in that 20 years. I don't know if it's the same with the healthcare degree, but I would keep that in mind.

As to MLS, I never used that term. I also wanted to address the comment about what MTs do. My experience has been that nobody ever knew what a medical transcriptionist does, save for perhaps the people in the transcription department of a hospital! I've been explaining to people what it is for 20 years. Most people think it's billing, insurance, or something else.

Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)