Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 30)

Have faith - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Jul 8th, 2015 - 9:56 pm In Reply to: I totally get - the jack of all trades.

I know your situation is hard to be in, but have faith. I am not sure what your religious beliefs are, but I've always been of the mind that we are provided what we need, not what we want. If I have ever had bounty in the garden, I have shared with others.

Something will turn up for you. Make sure you check everything in your community as far as resources. Try local temp agencies as I have found jobs through them before. My warehouse job I found through them and I loved it, until it was moved to Florida. Also, a local community college or vocational/technical school may have classes to offer to expand your skills. Your skills are not worthless and I am sure someone would be glad to have you come on board with them.

A degree is just an expensive piece of paper and really, there is no replacement for learning on the job. After all, you have to learn their policies, the way they do things. They still have to train you in some aspect and learning on the job WAS the thing back in the day! Employers needed people to do jobs for them, and the emphasis on degrees was not as strong then. Employers were willing to train on the job and to me, there is no better way to learn other than hands-on, but then again I'm a visual learner. Oh to have them days again!

Good luck to you and please keep us informed. I hope things work out as you want and need them to. Many blessings to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)