Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 49)

Thank you, I really appreciate all of ..... - kl

Posted: Jul 7th, 2015 - 9:45 pm In Reply to: Keep applying. It takes a while - but something

the suggestions! I actually have an extensive billing background, as I was the manager for a patient accounts department that supported more than 500 providers in my state for 9 years; this included billing, coding, charge entry, reimbursement analysis, every function needed to make a large medical practice run. However, this was in a "past life," before MT, and it's as if the hospitals/clinics I've interviewed with act like I no longer have those skills. Most of the medical records jobs in this area pay little more than minimum wage and anything HIM requires at least an Associates Degree in IT, which I do not have. I have had 11 interviews, and although I have to explain what MLS means in each and every one, I feel it falls on deaf ears, especially when I highlight the skills besides "just typing." I wish I could get these hiring managers to not only realize MT's have a wealth of skills and knowledge that would be a huge asset to their departments, but that many of us have done other jobs as well and those experiences are valuable too. I thought with 22 years of experience in pretty much every aspect of the medical business except for direct patient care, I could find something similar to what I did before MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)