A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l mild "uppastreen" biliary dilatation - starstruck`

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

Doc is describing an ultrasound on a patient with right upper quadrant pain.  "Ultrasound showed common bile duct stone with mild s/l uppastreen biliary dilatation.  The gallbladder showed flush with gallbladder wall irregularity."

This is an ESL Asian doc. I'm really not sure what I'm hearing.  Anybody have an idea?  Thanks.

Could it be "upstream biliary dilatation?" - qMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope this helps :)

I think you're right--thanks so much!! - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
I relistened and it very easily could be that she is saying "upperstream biliary dilatation." She often throws extra syllables into words, so "upstream" is probably it. Thank you so much! It is so frustrating to have 1 extra blank and have to send it to QA. When I get my raise, I'll by you a cyber ice cream cone :-)

Thanks again!

Uppastreen - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't help but laugh. Uppastreen LOL. It's so NOT funny when actually typing but this just goes to show how hard our job is. I think any doctor who is not American, needs to take course in the breakdown and proper pronunciation of the English language. It would make everybody's job a lot easier and MTs would hear "upstream" and not "upppastreen."

Similar Messages:

ISO Biliary Bypass
Apr 03, 2010

He has had an s/l ISO biliary bypass.    ...

Suboxone Cervical Dilatation
Oct 20, 2009

has anyone heard of this 'Suboxone' Suboxone cervical dilatation 7 cm; however, due to the fetal bradycardia without any recovery, it was decided to perform stat cesarean section. also i tried to do a search and it's not bringing up where i can put the word on word help??  has something changed? tks ...

Dilatation Versus Dilation
Dec 27, 2010

Can someone please explain difference to me?  A little confused about these two.  Thanks! ...

Biliary Colic Workup - HIDA Scan Sentence
Dec 08, 2011

Dictated:   I have asked if he has another attack that he go to the emergency room so that an s/l on-face HIDA scan can be performed to see if there are abnormalities of the biliary tree during an acute attack.  Thanks for any help. ...

There Was Evidence Of A Prior Biliary Sphincterotomy And There Was A Patent Opening Into The Common
May 06, 2011

xx ...

Gaseous/gastric? Dilatation Is Noted At The Small Bowel.
Feb 25, 2012

ABDOMEN, 1 VIEW. DATE: ___ [DATE]. HISTORY: Abdominal pain. FINDINGS: Gaseous dilatation is noted at the small bowel. Degenerative changes were noted within the thoracolumbar spine and isolytic/isoelectric? destruction is noted of the left hip.  CONCLUSION 1. Gaseous dilatation is noted at the small bowel. Findings have speches of a small bowel obstruction. 2. Isoelectric destruction is noted of the left hip. HISTORY: Abdominal pain.FINDINGS: (Gaseous or gastric?) dilatation is n ...

Catheter Position In Biliary Drainage Tube Measured At "stop Cot" ?
Jun 15, 2011

The brachytherapy catheter position was verified at 47 cm into the biliary drainage tube measured at the " stop cot".  ?? ...

ESL Doc.....s/l "term Initial" Pregnancy??? The Procedure Dilatation And Curettage And Hys
May 24, 2010

x ...

Mild To Moderate
Oct 12, 2009

I am confused with the rule and cannot find an answer in the AAMT BOS 2. In the sentence, "The pain is mild to moderate" do you hyphenate this or not? It does not modify a noun immediately following it, but is there another rule or reason to hyphenate. I want to hyphenate it but am not sure.   ...

S/l Mild Activities
Sep 01, 2010

A bone scan shows some mild s/l activities or activity to the superior acetabular labrum.  It does not show any evidence to suggest loosening or osteomyelitis.  TIA. ...

S/l Mild Arcinelle...thx For Any Help!
Feb 16, 2011

"There is mild arcicinelli.  Funduscopic examination was not done." ...

Mild And Primitive Near Vision
Mar 19, 2012

any suggestions?  Vision screen:  sounds like "Mild and primitive near vision"  thanks! ...

Mild To Moderate Htn Or Plaque Or Anything
Aug 28, 2013

Lately, I have been getting dinged for not putting hyphens in mild/moderate to moderate/severe plaque or moderate to severe htn or mild to moderate anything.  I don't understand why we would need hyphens.  In that case, shouldn't "anything to anything" need hyphens? ...

There Is Mild Increase In The Nasopharyngeal S/l Torrus With SUV Of 6.6. TIA ~nm~
Oct 27, 2009

xx ...

Uterus With Mild S/l Condroital Intraction
Jul 16, 2010

Under physical exam, uterus atrophic with mild s/l condroital intraction. ...

MRI - This Did Show Some Mild To Moderate Changes With A Grade I
Jul 04, 2011

with s/l parafusion of the disc space.  TIA   ...

There Was A Mild (s/l) Refractavera Difference Between His Two Eyes
Sep 07, 2012

Physical exam. diabetes patient There was a mild (s/l) refractavera difference between his two eyes. ...

Orthopedics: I See No Progression Of The Mild Grade 1 VSD Distally. She Does
Nov 05, 2009

have varicosities, but there is no progression....I did talk to her about swimming and cycling as other activities to maintain quad strength and keep her weight down for both her joint disease as well as risk of VSD. I can not figure out what VSD stands for.  He says it very clearly.  All my searches turn up ventricular septal defect, but his use of the word "distally" makes me think he is not talking about that.  Plus, this is an orthopedist. ...

Hyphen - Mild-to-moderate Hearing Loss
Mar 31, 2010

Is mild-to-moderate hearing loss correct or should it be mild to moderate without the hyphens? ...

He Has Mild Corneal *clotting*. He Can Finger Count. Thanks. Nm
Dec 04, 2010

nm ...

S/l Mild Pressure Dressing--optho Op Note Nm
Oct 16, 2012

nm ...

Mild Skin Irritation Along The Nasal Vestibules And Minimal
Apr 09, 2012

x ...

East Indian Doctor: S/l Isointense Smiles/miles/mild
Jun 30, 2010

Accordingly, MRI of the cervical spine without contrast was done on February 28, 2009 and was reported by the radiologist as showing intradural extramedullary isointense ___ at T3 producing deformity on the spinal cord and mild-to-moderate stenosis.  Differential diagnosis included hemangiomas, metastasis, schwannoma, or neurofibroma or metastatic disease.   Thanks in advance. ...

Elderly Male HEENT Exam: He Has Mild *lannel Fimur.* Thanks. Nm
Jul 15, 2010

nm ...

Acute Bony Injury?/Mild Facet Arthropathy?/abdominal Aorta?
Dec 03, 2010

Can you please tell me if the words in the parentheses sound correct? Also, I wanted to know if I should put a comma before which? (Acute bony ) injury is identified. (Mild facet arthropathy) is noted bilaterally at L5-S1. There is calcification in the wall of the distal (abdominal aorta), which appears to be minimally dilated.   Thanks ...

Cardiac Cath - The Left Main Is A Short Vessel And Has Mild S/l Red Disease Seen./nm
Aug 31, 2011

"savory Dilatation"?
Dec 17, 2009

s/l "savory dilatation". Help?? TIA ...

Mild Numbness In The S/l "V3" Distribution On The Left. V3 Or VIII??
Aug 24, 2010

Cranial nerves II-XII are intact, except for some mild numbness in the V3 distribution on the left. ...

Mild Chromic Suture Or Myochromic Suture?
Jan 22, 2010

xx ...