A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Orthopedics: I see no progression of the mild grade 1 VSD distally. She does - sm

Posted: Nov 05, 2009

have varicosities, but there is no progression....I did talk to her about swimming and cycling as other activities to maintain quad strength and keep her weight down for both her joint disease as well as risk of VSD.

I can not figure out what VSD stands for.  He says it very clearly.  All my searches turn up ventricular septal defect, but his use of the word "distally" makes me think he is not talking about that.  Plus, this is an orthopedist.

Are you sure it is VSD and not RSD for reflex sympathetic dystrophy? - Victoria

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thank you for the suggestion, but he speaks very clearly both times. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

maybe venous segmental disease? sm - flybye

[ In Reply To ..]
google VSDS or VCSS

there's also VSD=Venous Disability Score, but in your case they mean the condition of VSD=venous segmental disease...

Thank you! That may be it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

venous stasis disease ?? nm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
`

i bet that's it babs...nm - flybye

[ In Reply To ..]
=)

VSC maybe? - liz

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a shot in the dark but are you sure he is not saying VSC, vertebral subluxation complex?

long shot, but may be venous stasis disease, since he did mention varicosities. - n

[ In Reply To ..]
venous stasis disease???

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the input. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This doc is a clear speaker, but he likes to use lots of abbreviations. I was really drawing a blank on what he meant by this one.

Similar Messages:

? Grade 2 With Progression To 3 Secondar To Hydrocephalus
May 01, 2012

Word where ? is s/l Honhess??  - have never heard of this- tried fishing on google but no luck. ...

MRI - This Did Show Some Mild To Moderate Changes With A Grade I
Jul 04, 2011

with s/l parafusion of the disc space.  TIA   ...

Grade 2 / Grade II Sprain Of The Ankle (also, Is Grade Capped) ?? Nm Thx
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Disk Or Disc - Also....grade 2 Or Grade II
May 04, 2012

Two questions that I need clarification on please.  (1)  Is it disc or disk and also (2) is it grade 2 or grade II? Thanks.   ...

Grade 1 Or Grade I Diastolic Dysfunction
Jul 31, 2013

grade 1 or grade I diastolic dysfunction????? ...

S/l Christmas Tree Was Placed Distally In The Vein
Jul 14, 2010

Any help on this one? ...

Low-grade Lymphoma Or Low Grade?
Jan 25, 2010

this is driving me nuts! ...

11th Grade Or Grade?
Feb 24, 2010

She had finished the 11th grade. ...

Help With Orthopedics Please
Jun 07, 2010

Dictated .... "I took down the outside dressing to just look, left the S/L **boltrous** in place, and the skin graft looks excellent."   TIA ...

Orthopedics Job
Mar 18, 2011

I've been offered part-time transcription at home, working for one orthopedic surgeon.  I've got over 12 years experience in many specialties, but have never done orthopedics.  The interview is next week. Any advice on how best I could prepare to work in this specialty for the first time?  It sounds like a great opportunity, but at the beginning a lot of the terminology would be very difficult for me.  I won't have a QA person monitoring my work ...

Orthopedics Brace
Jun 29, 2010

Good morning!  Look for the correct spelling of Lavine brace ... is it lavine, Lavine, levine, Levine?  Child has Osgood-Schlatter's and doc wants to brace him up.  ...

New To Orthopedics - Need Word Help!
Jun 01, 2010

I am new to an orthopedics account with a dictator who is so marble mouthed, I feel like crying!  Here is the sentence: His ___ s/l signal within the lateral femoral condyle and medial patellar facet suggest patellar subluxation as well as some ____ s/l signal up in the medial retinaculum.  Any help would be appreciated -- I am not having a good time tonight...   ...

Orthopedics - Brace
Apr 05, 2011

Patient with bibasilar thumb arthritis.  A s/l 282 brace discussed.  She wants to hold off. Thank you in advance. ...

I Have An Interview W/MD-IT (orthopedics)
Jul 18, 2011

I have an interview w/MD-IT (orthopedics) and wondered if anyone has any knowledge about this company that they would like to share.  I originally applied to them a while back, took the test, but they filled the position.  They contacted me about a part-time position if I was still available and have set up an interview.  If you have worked for them, do they put you in a general "pool" and you just grab whatever is next or do they give you a schedule (like a particular doctor to transcribe fo ...

Orthopedics Term
Dec 29, 2013

The patient has low back pain. Doc says he did Kemp's test, Bechterew's test and what s/l "Niapoo's" test? I've searched so many spellings without finding it.  Anyone know the term? ...

Pink Thumb - Orthopedics
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone ever heard of pink thumb?  Her thumb started to pink up and she has numbness in her thumb, completely, with pink thumb with an area of ecchymosis  Thanks. ...

Orthopedics- S/l Cater Or Carried Her
Aug 04, 2010

It was obvious that it was impinging in the anterior aspect of the shoulder as we s/l cater or carried her into about 95 degrees of a reduction with internal rotation. Can't figure this one out. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Hemorrhoid With "grade 4" Or "grade IV" Prolapse.
Oct 17, 2011

:) ...

Mild To Moderate
Oct 12, 2009

I am confused with the rule and cannot find an answer in the AAMT BOS 2. In the sentence, "The pain is mild to moderate" do you hyphenate this or not? It does not modify a noun immediately following it, but is there another rule or reason to hyphenate. I want to hyphenate it but am not sure.   ...

S/l Mild Activities
Sep 01, 2010

A bone scan shows some mild s/l activities or activity to the superior acetabular labrum.  It does not show any evidence to suggest loosening or osteomyelitis.  TIA. ...

S/l Mild Arcinelle...thx For Any Help!
Feb 16, 2011

"There is mild arcicinelli.  Funduscopic examination was not done." ...

Pt Suffered A Biceps Tendon Injury - Exam Reveals The Biceps Is "gone Distally". He Is Ve
Oct 23, 2009

xx ...

Orthopedics Words Trustworthy Websites?
Nov 17, 2011

Doing all orthopedics now, wondering if there are any seasoned orthopedics MTs that can refer me to some websites that you trust for terminology.  Thanks.  ...

Orthopedics, S/l Paroko Testing. Any Ideas? TIA Nm
Apr 19, 2012

sss ...

Re Job On Jobs Board, Orthopedics With E/M. What Does E/M Stand For?
Sep 05, 2012

x ...

S/l Gatlin's Test/orthopedics. See Message
May 22, 2014

The patient has a negative straight leg raise bilaterally and a negative s/l "gatlin's" test bilaterally.  Any help appreciated.  ...

Mild And Primitive Near Vision
Mar 19, 2012

any suggestions?  Vision screen:  sounds like "Mild and primitive near vision"  thanks! ...

Mild To Moderate Htn Or Plaque Or Anything
Aug 28, 2013

Lately, I have been getting dinged for not putting hyphens in mild/moderate to moderate/severe plaque or moderate to severe htn or mild to moderate anything.  I don't understand why we would need hyphens.  In that case, shouldn't "anything to anything" need hyphens? ...

We Discussed The Possibility Of A S/l Cozen's Deformity (orthopedics)
Apr 11, 2012

We also discussed the possibility of a Cozen's deformity. I have encouraged mom to seek follow up if she notices any asymmetry between his legs. ...

Sailor / Saylor Sign For Orthopedics Or Radiographs
Feb 08, 2014

Hello MT's,  I am looking for a sailor sign or a saylor sign.  He refers to it during a radiographic review and may or may not be related to the radiocapitellar region.  However, the more I reread what he says, the more I think it is a radiographic sign or signal.  Anyone?? ...