A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

quarter-inch or 1/4-inch plain packing gauze..sm - MTmom

Posted: Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!!

1/4 inch - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I would type 1/4 inch, I suppose 1/4-inch, after seeing your suggestion, not quarter though. I don't know why, I'm too tired to justify it...just think that is it and have strong feeling quarter isn't.

I would think it depends on your account - specifics

[ In Reply To ..]
The accounts I work on don't like fractions, so we put 0.25 inch. If it is at the beginning of a sentence I would spell it out.

Similar Messages:

2 X 2 Inch Or " Or What?
Dec 08, 2011

Good morning!  Confused! How do you transcribe 2" x 2" correctly?  ...

Ten One Hundredths Of An Inch
Feb 08, 2012

My doctor is excising some tissue from a child's fingertip and goes along merrily talking in centimeters, then suddenly pulls a fast one and says: ten one hundredths of an inch   Great.  A Google search has just left me doubting myself completely.  I found one reference that says "0.010 is ten thousandths (same as one hundredth)."  So does this mean I need to type "0.10" (if that is really the correct numeral for this dimension), or should I just write it out as "ten ...

0.04 Or 0.014 Inch Guidewire?
Jun 18, 2013

Cardiac cath report: A 0.04 or 0.014 inch sounds like SI Pro AutoFlex guidewire was then used...  I don't know if this is a brand name or what.  Thanks ladies :)     ...

...dermatoma Set To 14 One-thousandths Of An Inch...?
Mar 19, 2010

How would you type the above?  I'm going blank, lol! TIA ...

Correct Way To Type 1/2-inch Leg Length...
Apr 07, 2010

is this the correct way to type 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy?   She has a 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy with the right leg being shorter than the left.   tia. ...

Hyphenate? 3/4 Inch Skin Incision?
May 19, 2010

Blood loss was essentially nil as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision. Should it be 3/4-inch skin incision? Thank you. ...

Do You Say 5 Feet, 4 Inch Woman Or 5 Foot
May 29, 2011

5 feet or 5 foot. I think it should be 1 foot and anything over 1, then feet, but now its sounding weird. I always type feet. Just wondering what other people do. ...

25 Gauge, 3.5 Inch (s/l) Klinky Needle
Apr 11, 2013

25 gauge, 3.5 inch (s/l) Klinky needle For lumbar injection.   Thanks :) ...

Stupid Question: How Do You Write 14 One Thousands Of An Inch
Jul 09, 2012

Havent woken up yet thats my excuse for stupidy today and Im sticking to it... ...

So Sick Of Docs With 12-inch Thick Tongues! They Should Have To Use Front-end SR! NM
Jun 17, 2015

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

Marisol Nasal Packing
Jun 03, 2010

Marisol nasal packing - could not find Marisol anywhere? ...

VIPS Surgical Packing?
Apr 10, 2013

Doing a sinus operation report.  The dictator is saying, "maxillary sinus packed with VIPS packing."  Can't find anything that sounds like VIPs or BIPs online.  Anyone heard of this?  ...

Nu Gauze
Apr 19, 2010

packed with Nu Gauze....both are to be capitalized? ...

Gauze
Sep 28, 2010

Hi...pt has open wound.  Doc wants to use gauze that sounds like save n soak or savin soaked.  Any clues?  ...

New Gauze?
May 07, 2013

I keep hearing the word "new gauze" used in operative notes. Is it actually new gauze or something else? Thank you. ...

Plane Or Plain X-ray?
Dec 02, 2009

x ...

Just Plain Paranoid
Dec 02, 2010

OK I have literally kept my foot on the transcription pedal while I have researched doctor names, drugs, and instruments on Google.  Also tap, tap, tapped a key when my husband called.  Is my production higher?  Nope.  Is my stress level through the roof?  Yep.  Blood sugar higher?  Yes.  Sugar cravings?  You better believe it.  Hate this stupid job even more than before.  ...

Plain Gut, Capitalized Or Not?
Feb 15, 2011

"...a segment of tube was oscillated and tied off using 2-0 plain gut ( or Plain Gut)..." Thank you ...

Gauze/dressing
May 10, 2012

Hearing dressing  with tweener(?) gauze Found the answer. Thanks all. ...

Just Plain Tired
Mar 24, 2013

Is anyone else tired of all looking and searching for the "correct" specific formats for every hospital. Spend a LOT of time doing this.. I guess I am just getting tired of all of this. WOuld love to be able to sit and transcribe and not have to keep checking the "peculiarities" of every different type of report and/or dictator. All that and a cut in pay too......live is so good (sarcasm). ...

Plain Or Plane (the AP Plane/plain)
Mar 01, 2014

It appears angulated on the AP plane/plain and cannot visualize on the lateral plane/plain. ...

Well That Just Plain Sucks
May 23, 2014

The Eye for Quality poll for today...you choose the person who has the best "eye for quality" and they get an ADDITIONAL $100 gift card.  um no thank you they can all kiss my butt.  Why not give the rest of us a shot at a gift card instead of someone else who has been recognized monetarily???????????? i'm not voting and neither should you.  ...

Just Plain Depressing
Sep 04, 2014

The changes and the unknown that hit us on a daily basis are extremely hard to take and now so many people out of work with no recourse.  But to have to start the day without our superb supervisor KF, there just isn't anything left.  No one left that cares about the clients and no one that cares about the MTs.  I know they want us all to quit so they don't have to pay UE, but screw them. ...

Capitalization - Iodoform Gauze?
Oct 20, 2009

is the letter "i" supposed to be lower case or capitalized in iodoform gauze? ...

Dull Type Gauze?
Aug 03, 2010

There is what appears to be a s/l dull type gauze in the wound.  Is this correct??  TIA ...

Type Of Gauze/bandage
Nov 07, 2011

Dictated:  This was cleansed with peroxide and sterile s/l full-ethelyl gauze and bandage applied.   He has an East Coast accent and the audio is a bit grainy so "full" also kinda sorta sounds like "four."   But now I have listened to it so many times, it all just sounds like mush.  Any suggestions?   Thank you! ...

Sofra-Tulle Dry Gauze
Apr 09, 2013

The doctor says, "Wound was covered with Sofra-Tulle dry gauze and Ace bandage." Should I put a comma between Sofra-Tulle and dry gauze or if the Sofra-Tulle itself is a dry gauze? ...

"Xeroform, 4 X 4, Gauze" Or "4 X 4 Gauze"
Jun 08, 2013

Is it 4 x 4 gauze or is this separate as 4 x4, gauze, Ace, Kling, etc. This has always confused me. ...

What S/l "Marufa" Packing For Hemostasis During An A&P Repair
Jun 24, 2015

Anyone ever hear of what s/l "Marufa" packing for hemostasis during an A&P surgical repair?  Thanks! ...