A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Type of gauze/bandage - sm

Posted: Nov 07, 2011

Dictated:  This was cleansed with peroxide and sterile s/l full-ethelyl gauze and bandage applied.  

He has an East Coast accent and the audio is a bit grainy so "full" also kinda sorta sounds like "four."  

But now I have listened to it so many times, it all just sounds like mush.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

could it be polyethylene? - guess

[ In Reply To ..]
?

Similar Messages:

Type Of Bandage
Sep 24, 2012

Looking for spelling for a bandage pronounced "core-eye-uh."  Any suggestions? ...

S/l Balpo-type Bandage
Feb 20, 2010

He was placed into a sling and s/l balpo-type bandage. tia. ...

Need Opinion - When You Hear ACE Bandage, Do You Think Brand Name Or A Generic Bandage
Nov 05, 2010

I have been out-of-town, enjoying being away from Medical Transcription for a few weeks, and upon skimming through the posts that I had missed, I noted that there was recently a discussion on the Word Help Board regarding ACE Bandage and if it should be all caps or not.  The debate seemed to center around whether ACE should be used for “ACE inhibitor” and Ace for “Ace wrap” to avoid confusion.  if you are talking about the original ACE™ wrap or ACE™ ...

Dull Type Gauze?
Aug 03, 2010

There is what appears to be a s/l dull type gauze in the wound.  Is this correct??  TIA ...

ACE Or Ace Bandage?
Sep 25, 2011

ACE or Ace bandage??   Thanks:) ...

Ace Bandage Or ACE Bandage
Jun 04, 2014

Used to write Ace, but their website shows ACE ...

Mundy Or Mundee Bandage?
Jun 22, 2015

Mundy or Mundee bandage.  I cannot verify this anywhere.   ...

Nu Gauze
Apr 19, 2010

packed with Nu Gauze....both are to be capitalized? ...

Gauze
Sep 28, 2010

Hi...pt has open wound.  Doc wants to use gauze that sounds like save n soak or savin soaked.  Any clues?  ...

New Gauze?
May 07, 2013

I keep hearing the word "new gauze" used in operative notes. Is it actually new gauze or something else? Thank you. ...

Gauze/dressing
May 10, 2012

Hearing dressing  with tweener(?) gauze Found the answer. Thanks all. ...

Capitalization - Iodoform Gauze?
Oct 20, 2009

is the letter "i" supposed to be lower case or capitalized in iodoform gauze? ...

Sofra-Tulle Dry Gauze
Apr 09, 2013

The doctor says, "Wound was covered with Sofra-Tulle dry gauze and Ace bandage." Should I put a comma between Sofra-Tulle and dry gauze or if the Sofra-Tulle itself is a dry gauze? ...

"Xeroform, 4 X 4, Gauze" Or "4 X 4 Gauze"
Jun 08, 2013

Is it 4 x 4 gauze or is this separate as 4 x4, gauze, Ace, Kling, etc. This has always confused me. ...

Dry And Roll Gauze. Wound Dressing...sm
May 06, 2013

This is for a wound care note.  Doctor says what sounds like dry and roll gauze, and I'm wondering if this is supposed to be a brand name.  Thanks! ...

Gauze-covered Steel Wool And ACE Wrapping
Jul 31, 2012

gauze-covered steel wool and ACE wrapping is that right, or would ACE wrapping be Ace wrapping? ...

A Compression Gauze Or Garment For Split Thickness Burn To Foot
Apr 18, 2012

Dr. seems to be dictating,"a single layer of TENSOFLEX." This is being applied over a healing skin graft on the foot. Thanks ...

The Foot Ulceration Appears Well Healed And Covered W/ (he Says "Citrucel And Gauze"). SM
Nov 15, 2009

Could he have messed up completely and meant to have said Surgicel? ...

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...

All Type Pay?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know what pay range All Type starts off at?  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I have a test to complete and before I invest my time taking it, I wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks ahead of time. ...

How Do You Type
Nov 13, 2009

4-ply lift... He has been weightbearing as tolerated in a boot with a full 4-ply lift. tia. ...

Type 3 Or Type III
Nov 16, 2009

type 3 or III subacromial impingement... tia. ...

How Do You Type This?
Jan 18, 2010

at this point we are going to get an "AP lateral scapular Y"? ...