A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

do you say 5 feet, 4 inch woman or 5 foot - dawn

Posted: May 29, 2011

5 feet or 5 foot. I think it should be 1 foot and anything over 1, then feet, but now its sounding weird. I always type feet. Just wondering what other people do.

5 feet 4 inches, no comma - MT-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It depends... - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
If the height measurement is being used before or after the word "woman." If it is being used before, it would be, for example, "The patient is a 5-foot-4-inch woman." If it is being used after, it would be "The patient is a woman who stands 5 feet 4 inches tall."

thank you :) - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]

no1joe is correct - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Inform QA.

that's a good question - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've always been corrected when I use ..-foot, to ..-feet.
But 5-feet-4-inches woman sounds weird.
A 5-foot-4-inch woman sounds better, but, again, I have always been corrected on this by QA.
Would love to know what is the correct wording.

Similar Messages:

Doing A Report On A 95 Foot Tall Woman - And It Is Randomly
Sep 28, 2013

nm ...

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

Pt With Calluses On Feet - Exam: Both Feet Have S/l Serp-ses
Dec 27, 2010

x ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

"right And Left Foot" Or "right And Left Feet"
Jun 13, 2011

This doc always says, "right and left foot", but i cant help but think that it should be "right and left feet"..... Can someone clear this up for me?   For example:  The patient comes in today for examinatin of his right and left foot.  or   The patient's right and left foot appears in normal condition.   ...

Feet
Dec 06, 2009

Extremity exam on an 81 year old lady . . . She does have slightly s/l "bruberous" appearing feet on both of her lower extremities.   Never heard this one.  Suggestions? ...

Getting My Feet Wet?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone know of a good, honest company where I can get my "feet wet" without being dragged in over my head? There are so many companies and after browsing through the forums here, I don't know which company to trust! Thanks for any help! ...

THE OTHER WOMAN
Mar 30, 2014

I am one of those oldies, but goodies...higher education, BS university level, married to a professional as a young woman for many years.  At the time of my divorce, I told many of my friends and family, "When the men get away with doing this to their wives ("First Wives" movies needed to condone it), the corporations will do the same to the men, and those same men will not be able to point any fingers because they did the same thing to their women," a labor issue, if you will, wh ...

2 X 2 Inch Or " Or What?
Dec 08, 2011

Good morning!  Confused! How do you transcribe 2" x 2" correctly?  ...

Ten One Hundredths Of An Inch
Feb 08, 2012

My doctor is excising some tissue from a child's fingertip and goes along merrily talking in centimeters, then suddenly pulls a fast one and says: ten one hundredths of an inch   Great.  A Google search has just left me doubting myself completely.  I found one reference that says "0.010 is ten thousandths (same as one hundredth)."  So does this mean I need to type "0.10" (if that is really the correct numeral for this dimension), or should I just write it out as "ten ...

0.04 Or 0.014 Inch Guidewire?
Jun 18, 2013

Cardiac cath report: A 0.04 or 0.014 inch sounds like SI Pro AutoFlex guidewire was then used...  I don't know if this is a brand name or what.  Thanks ladies :)     ...

Can There Be Rugae On The Feet?
Feb 26, 2010

laser vaporization to remove s/l ruga on the plantar aspect left foot ...

What Do You Wear On Your Feet?
Jan 04, 2011

I find that if I wear shoes, I am inadvertantly pressing the rewind or FF bars on the foot pedal because the shoes are too wide. My feet get really sore pressing on the foot pedal with only socks on, though. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

WOMAN'S ROLE
Mar 31, 2014

In answer to my original post to Val, only 2 issues here, Val:1. We are almost all woman. It is run like a system that once historically ran hospitals. We are not a Walmart, Kmart, Target, McDonalds. We are skilled workers, women for the most part, and from the old days, historically this has been a woman's role/job in a fraternity of higher powers, the men who once often had nuns as cohorts filling this postion for no pay at all.2. Although some individual hospitals may not care about thei ...

...dermatoma Set To 14 One-thousandths Of An Inch...?
Mar 19, 2010

How would you type the above?  I'm going blank, lol! TIA ...

My Reasons For Dragging My Feet On 6.1.
Sep 15, 2010

have nothing to do with difficulty, upload/download time, or any MT-related issues. The majority of you STILL DON'T GET IT.  6.1. is an enhancement for back-end editing. Back-end editing means more automatiion and need for fewer and fewer real live human MTs to do MQ work. So great, jump on the bandwagon to eliminate your jobs.  I'm relatively confident I'll be one of the last to be let go whether I upgrade to 6.1 now or a month from now or whenever. You are just mak ...

Supplement - S/l Kir-say-tin Plus. Pt Is A 67 Year Old Woman.
Jan 06, 2011

x ...

Is It Possible For A Woman To Take Avodart??? I Thought It Was For BPH. (nm)
Jan 10, 2011

nm ...

TERMINATED: A WOMAN SCORNED
Aug 15, 2013

It's 7 hours since being terminated and I have begun the dismantling of my office, sorting through e-files, papers, sticky notes, reminders, etc., gotta oil the shredder because it's gonna be working overtime (pun intended).  After 26 years of working here in this room I have many emotions.  I loved working at home for Secrephone and Medquist.  MModal, however, is the worst, the worst management crew, no scruples, no morals, (just plain no brains), money-hungry execs loo ...

Correct Way To Type 1/2-inch Leg Length...
Apr 07, 2010

is this the correct way to type 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy?   She has a 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy with the right leg being shorter than the left.   tia. ...

Hyphenate? 3/4 Inch Skin Incision?
May 19, 2010

Blood loss was essentially nil as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision. Should it be 3/4-inch skin incision? Thank you. ...

25 Gauge, 3.5 Inch (s/l) Klinky Needle
Apr 11, 2013

25 gauge, 3.5 inch (s/l) Klinky needle For lumbar injection.   Thanks :) ...

Do You Like Transcribing For A Woman Better Than A Man Or Vice Versa? (SM)
Jan 19, 2010

I am to the point where I despise hearing a woman dictate because she is usually even more unorganized than my male dictators (if that were possible, lol), at least that is how it is for me.  The 1 that I am working on currently cannot make up her mind, is mushed mouth, once she makes up her mind she rattles it off so quickly that it is barely understandable, if at all at times and constantly goes back up into the report because she forgot something. Just curious as to how every once ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

How Would You Type, 69- Nearly 70-year-old Woman? Would That Be Correct? Thanks! Nm
Sep 22, 2012

.. ...

Stupid Question: How Do You Write 14 One Thousands Of An Inch
Jul 09, 2012

Havent woken up yet thats my excuse for stupidy today and Im sticking to it... ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Cool Story About A Remarkable Young Woman
Jan 06, 2012

in how corporations do business.  I think sold-out American workers like ourselves could make the same changes in how they think about offshoring.  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/06/us-usa-companies-backlash-idUSTRE80424T20120106 ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

Richest Woman In The World Believes In Paying
Sep 08, 2012

Here's the link:  http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-richest-woman-pay-20120905,0,6971046.story And, JMHO -- if I were the richest woman in the world, and I looked like that, I'd invest some of that money in bariatric surgery, a hairstylist, and a face lift! ...