A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

correct way to type 1/2-inch leg length... - mt3

Posted: Apr 07, 2010

is this the correct way to type 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy?

She has a 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy with the right leg being shorter than the left.

tia.

No hyphen - qMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It should just be 1/2 inch leg length discrepency.

This was a change made to the 3rd edition BOS that units of measurement shouldn't be connected with a hyphen, since they aren't technically considered an adjective or something like that. Not sure of their exact reasoning, but I know that was one of the changes that was made. I always used to use hyphens with measurement when they came before a noun, so this was a change I had to get used to, so I remeber it well.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you :-) - mt3

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your help and explanation :-)

Similar Messages:

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Correct Way To Type This:
Jul 16, 2010

Should this be typed (5/10 or 5 out of 10) for: which decreased her pain to about 5/10 or 5 out of 10. ...

How Do I Correct Type
Jul 30, 2010

doctor dictates 15 to 17 millimeters from... is this just 15 to 17 mm from...    or what?? I am obviously suffering from heat induced stupidity. THANKS!!! ...

Correct Way To Type C1
Apr 11, 2011

What is the correct way to type, when doc says C1-2, 3 ? ...

Correct Way To Type Co Q-10?
Apr 18, 2013

I find all sorts of ways to type this in the I-net, and I have it in an old expander as Co Q-10, but spellcheck suggests CoQ 10 - which places the 10 on the next line  - does anyone know for sure how this is typed?  Thanks... ...

Correct Way To Type Kilo-ohm
Mar 17, 2011

I am trying to find the correct abbreviation for kilo-ohm.   Any suggestions? ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type This Drug? Sm
May 30, 2012

It is written in the patient's chart as "carbevo." I know it is for Parkinson disease. Carbidopa and levodopa. I googled it and found carb/levo. I'm not sure if I should type it that way or type it out completely. The doctor is pronouncing it as "carbevo" also. Any information would be helpful. Thanks! ...

Correct Way To Type 4 #50 Nylon Sutures?
Nov 01, 2011

States "four number five oh nylon sutures"  What is the correct way to type this?  Thanks! ...

What Is Correct Way To Type Medication --- X 5 Days?
Sep 13, 2012

What is the correct way to type medication x days?  i.e. Pt was given Lasix 20 od x 10 days. OR Pt was given Lasix 20 mg od x10 days. ...

How Would You Type, 69- Nearly 70-year-old Woman? Would That Be Correct? Thanks! Nm
Sep 22, 2012

.. ...

ECG - Correct Way To Type S123 Pattern
Nov 06, 2012

Unsure if this would be S1, S2, S3 or S123 or S1-2-3 or ??   JD ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

Last Job 22 Minutes In Length And Only
Aug 02, 2011

73 freakin' lines because of the way the dictator did.  Very slow, lots of stopping and dead air, repeating himself.  In fact, he dictated the Impression 5 times and would say correction and start over.  He even had the nerve to laugh and snicker and said "to start over again".  Wish I could reach through the computer, down all lines to wherever the **** this jerk is and rip his tonsils out by hand without anesthesia. ARG.  Glad I'm done!  And he is a ESL ...

In ASR - Minimum Silence Length?
Mar 23, 2011

I checked the accelerate silence playback box in options.  Underneath the box is a scale of 5 seconds to 30 seconds (minimum silence length) - what does this mean?  What is the best setting to go with the accelerated silence playback - am confused.  Thanks. ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Auditors - What's The Maximum Length Of A Report You Process?
Apr 15, 2014

When you're pulling reports to audit, how long is too long?   ...

Correct Way To Type "Tri Mix" Injection For Erectile Dysfunction ?
Oct 25, 2010

:) ...

Correct Way To Type "ST And T Wave", Sm
Feb 02, 2014

is it ST-T wave, ST and T-wave, or is there a preferred format? Thanks. ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Swingbed, Swing-bed Or Swing Bed?
Feb 14, 2014

2 X 2 Inch Or " Or What?
Dec 08, 2011

Good morning!  Confused! How do you transcribe 2" x 2" correctly?  ...

Ten One Hundredths Of An Inch
Feb 08, 2012

My doctor is excising some tissue from a child's fingertip and goes along merrily talking in centimeters, then suddenly pulls a fast one and says: ten one hundredths of an inch   Great.  A Google search has just left me doubting myself completely.  I found one reference that says "0.010 is ten thousandths (same as one hundredth)."  So does this mean I need to type "0.10" (if that is really the correct numeral for this dimension), or should I just write it out as "ten ...

0.04 Or 0.014 Inch Guidewire?
Jun 18, 2013

Cardiac cath report: A 0.04 or 0.014 inch sounds like SI Pro AutoFlex guidewire was then used...  I don't know if this is a brand name or what.  Thanks ladies :)     ...

...dermatoma Set To 14 One-thousandths Of An Inch...?
Mar 19, 2010

How would you type the above?  I'm going blank, lol! TIA ...

Hyphenate? 3/4 Inch Skin Incision?
May 19, 2010

Blood loss was essentially nil as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision. Should it be 3/4-inch skin incision? Thank you. ...

Do You Say 5 Feet, 4 Inch Woman Or 5 Foot
May 29, 2011

5 feet or 5 foot. I think it should be 1 foot and anything over 1, then feet, but now its sounding weird. I always type feet. Just wondering what other people do. ...

25 Gauge, 3.5 Inch (s/l) Klinky Needle
Apr 11, 2013

25 gauge, 3.5 inch (s/l) Klinky needle For lumbar injection.   Thanks :) ...

Stupid Question: How Do You Write 14 One Thousands Of An Inch
Jul 09, 2012

Havent woken up yet thats my excuse for stupidy today and Im sticking to it... ...

So Sick Of Docs With 12-inch Thick Tongues! They Should Have To Use Front-end SR! NM
Jun 17, 2015

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...