A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? - tired out mt

Posted: Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.

6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male?

Most don't want that spelled out, so 6'8" - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I disagree, it is 6 FEET (not foot) 8 inches..nm - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
BOS 2 page 174:

Write out; do not use abbreviation (ft.) or symbol (') except in tables.
Express accompanying quantities as numerals.
Do not use a comma or other punctuation with units of the same dimension.

10 feet 11 inches
5 pounds 4 ounces

Yep, that's exactly how I do it...sm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
Never use symbols in a report and no commas. The BOS got that one right :)

thanks for agreeing...nm - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Height - vikefantam

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe the BOS states you are to spell it out. The above posterior is 100% correct. If the patient were 6'8" tall, you would type "The patient is 6 feet (not foot - the above poster is 100% correct) 8 inches tall. There are too many errors that can be made by sympbols such as an apostrophe and quotation marks. I only have the BOS 2 but on page 200 of the second version, it clearly spells it out - 6 feet 8 inches, no comma between the feet and inches. Hope that helps. :-)

thanks for agreeing and giving further proof....nm - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

about the feet... - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
If you spell it out, I do believe it would be like this:

The patient is 6 feet 8 inches tall.
- OR -
He is a 6-foot, 8-inch white male.

Just like you would say "he is a 250-pound male" vs. "he weighs 250 pounds".

My preference: Height 6'8".

I agree with spelling it out but... - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe it is a matter of use if it is feet or foot.

In your case...
6-foot 8-inch white male. (followed by a noun)

or

Patient is 6 feet 8 inches tall. (followed by an adjective)

6 foot 8 inch - Maple Grandma

[ In Reply To ..]
Check the BOS.

In the BOS I can only find feet and inches, nowhere.. - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
is mentioned foot and inch.

Nowhere do they say what should be used in the case of

He is a 6...8...tall man.

Similar Messages:

Patient Is An (s/l Un - Jay - Ven) White Male. Nm
Feb 03, 2010

almost sounds like unshaven but i've never heard a dictator say that ...

This Is An Elderly, White Male In No Acute Distress, Pleasant (this Historian)
Feb 26, 2012

This is an elderly, white male in no acute distress, pleasant (this historian?). pleasant ex-historian? Can't figure it out:( Please help? ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

Male Anatomy Question
Feb 27, 2013

Looking for a male anatomy term that sounds like tragus or introitus.  The sentence is "He had a Hibiclens prep and sterile draping of his abdomen, left thigh, scrotum, penis, and _____".  It sounds like he is saying introitus but with a g like introigus.  Can't find anything. ...

Where In Male PE Would You List Gynecomastia? Nm
Apr 24, 2013

v ...

Male Patient With Vaginal Flora?
Jun 02, 2010

Male patient with hematuria, with enterococcus and vaginal flora.  Does this make sense? ...

Autopsy Report Male Genital
Feb 28, 2011

Working on a autopsy report: Under the Genital System (male) all I can understand is "The tubules string well and the para (something) is brown." Not sure what the word is before brown. Someone please help!!!! ...

This Male Female Mixing Up Is Getting Worse
Mar 19, 2014

I noticed it this morning since switching,,woman clearly stated is a gentleman and the he/she her/him switching is worse then ever. AND I dont like the F4 changes extra steps that take time ...

Male Patient Who Had A Stroke, Has Paresthesias (sm)
Jul 02, 2014

and doc clearly says he suffers from PCOS. Is this an abbreviation for something other than polycystic ovary syndrome that I don't know about??? Thanks so much if you can help me here! ...

13-year 2-month-old Male How Should I Type It
Jun 05, 2015

Hello everyone, appreciate some opinions on this.  He states 13-year 2-month-old male but I am not absolutely positive on hyphenating this, not use to them dictating the years and the months. ...

GU Exam On Young Male S/l Smoral Ring
Jan 27, 2010

Gu exam on 9 year old. s/l smoral ring was palpated and no masses felt. ...

How Would You Type For Verbatim Acct, 87- Almost-88-year-old Male?
Sep 16, 2011

.. ...

Hyphenation - The Patient Is A Right Handed Or Right Hand Male
Jan 23, 2014

I have had so many responses to this from others.  For this sentence:  The patient is a right handed or right hand male.  Do we hyphenate between right and hand/handed or not?  Also, if the sentence reads:  The patient is right handed.  Do we hyphenate between the two?  Thks. ...

Male Patient Under Past Medical History - S/l *polysectomy Nuvera*??? Thanks. Nm
Apr 04, 2010

nm ...

Elderly Male HEENT Exam: He Has Mild *lannel Fimur.* Thanks. Nm
Jul 15, 2010

nm ...

White Count Help
Dec 30, 2009

Doctor is stating "white count is down to 24,000.2" (twenty-four thousand point 2).  How would you transcribe this.  TIA ...

White Count
Jun 14, 2011

when doc says white count of 5.3 this is to get expanded, is that correct? Also is it expaned to 53,000? ...

What's With The White Spaces In The Audio Bar?
Sep 08, 2010

Before, when I would upload a job, the audio bar would be completely blue. Now there are tons of white spaces in it.  Does this indicate time that the dictator was not talking, or is this a way for them to see how many times we lift our foot off the pedal? ...

White Talo Brittle?
Sep 20, 2010

During examination of the foot.  Doc says "Nails short, mildly dystrophic.  S/l white talo brittle.  Appear to be recently trimmed." ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...

White Count Was 7.3 Thousand?
Jan 24, 2011

This is probably a pretty basic one, but how would you correctly word this when a doc dictates a white count this way:  "7.3 thousand?" 7.3000? 7.3 thousand? other?   Thanks -- ...

The Sclerae Were/was White? (just Checking)
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Waving The White Flag....
Jul 05, 2011

I have finally given up on this career after a very dedicated attempt to make it work.  I have been working in this field for over 10 years now and am a very conscientious employee who rarely misses work but it is time for me to surrender, I guess.  I don't understand how anyone can make a living on 4 cpl for VR.  I don't even have any drive left to work anymore because I can't make any money anyway.  My husband thinks I am crazy for sticking around as lo ...

White House Petition
Feb 06, 2013

Please sign this petition, just found it on the White House site and it has a long way to go to get recognized and responded to.   https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

Waving The White Flag
May 28, 2015

Im out. Minimum wage, disgraceful. ...

White Cell Count 27.6000?
Apr 23, 2010

Does it sound right for a white cell count to be 27.6000.  (He stated 27-point-6000).   Looks odd to me but thought I'd ask. ...

White Blood Cell Count
Nov 29, 2011

Doc says 4.6000 wbc cell count....is this correct?  how should this be written??   ...

White Count 13 Point 7000?
Dec 29, 2011

Any ideas on how to type 13 point 7 thousand? My first thought is 13,700 but don't want to guess at it. Thanks. ...

IRS DEFINITION-IC STATUS BLACK & WHITE
Jul 10, 2012

Independent Contractor Defined   People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individu ...