A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

numbers spelled out according to BOS3 - slm8391

Posted: Sep 30, 2013

If a sentence ends with a number, such as, "...the patient will be seen again in a week or two," according to BOS3 should the two be shown as 2 or spelled out. 

I haven't a clue about BOS - but in proper English, it would be "two"

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Are Numbers Under 10 Still Spelled Out With The BOS 3 Now?
Jul 18, 2011

Are numbers under 10 still spelled out with the BOS 3 now?  Thanks! ...

BOS3 Formatting Question
Jan 07, 2012

I'm an experienced MT, not a newbie straight out of school.  If this belongs on the "word" board, then I apologize in advance (I wasn't sure where to post it). I am testing for a company that uses BOS3 (which I despise) and that is counted in the grading.  In the physical exam section, the dictator gave a few headings (which of course I inserted) but not all.  According to BOS3, inserting undictated headings is optional.  Some sections begin as sentences (e.g., "He ...

Does CBC Ever Need To Be Spelled Out?
Jan 02, 2011

x ...

Dictator Spelled F U B L A R.
Jun 24, 2010

Hemostasis was maintained with a bipolar and fublar.  Dictator spelled FUBLAR, but pronounced as FIBiLAR, or more accurately, FIB-YOU-LAIR.   ...

Medication - One G-A-P (spelled Out) B.i.d.
Jul 10, 2012

x ...

GI Spelled Out In Diagnosis?
Aug 14, 2013

Hi - Can't seem to find any mention of this in BOS3, but can someone tell me whether I should be using "GI" or "gastrointestinal" in a preoperative diagnosis?  I seem to remember in school being told to leave GI as is when in the ROS but seem to be drawing a blank on this one!  Thanks in advance!! ...

Ophthalmology Spelled Wrong Twice In Ad
Dec 27, 2011

Nobody cares anymore. ...

Calvarium Spelled Out By Doc But I Cant Verify
Mar 26, 2012

Here is the sentence CT scan of the head demonstrated a minimally depressed communicated fracture of the left occipital "calvarium."   Spell check shows calvarium wrong.  Stedmans neuro book doesnt have it..Google shows calvaria, which stedmans shows.. Which is correct please ...

BOS3 Question, Is It 3-cm Lesion Or 3 Cm Lesion?
Apr 30, 2010

I have the BOS2 which says the hyphenation should be "a 3-cm lesion," but "the lesion measures 3 cm."  I was recently told that the BOS3 changes this and now they don't want hyphens in there at all. I don't have the money to buy the BOS3 yet, but if there is anybody who does have it, would you be able to tell me what it says about hyphenating or not hyphenating this?  Have they changed this now? ...

Doctor Just Spelled Out Hematuria For Me. Awfully Considerate....
Dec 11, 2009

EXCEPT that he spelled it "h-e-m-a-c-h-u-r-i-a."  Since MQ is so gung ho against us actually using our brains, should I actually spell it like that???? Oh please, please please I want to!!! ...

My Doctor Used Syncope As A Verb - Is This Spelled The Same?
Sep 26, 2010

My doctor used syncope as a verb - is the spelling the same?  the patient was going to syncope. Thanks for any help.  dotm ...

Oromucolingual Masikatory Movements. Is This How It Should Be Spelled.
Apr 17, 2011

This is a psych report.  The doctor says, "The patietn has no oromucolingual masikatory movements."  I just wondered if this was the correct way to spell this becuase i am not finding many references for it anywhere.   ...

Medication Spelled Baclopan? Doesn't Say What It Is For
Apr 26, 2012

x ...

Vapor Wand? Is It Capped? Is It Spelled Correctly? Thanks.
Jan 04, 2010

XX ...

Drug Spelled Out Hyalaronic 100 Mg Daily. Any Ideas?
Sep 21, 2010

x ...

Drug Allergy To *ricol* Spelled Out On H&P Sheet
Jun 02, 2011

x ...

Spell Check - Underline Words Spelled Wrong As You Are Typing?
Jan 05, 2011

In spell check, how do you get it to NOT underline words spelled wrong as you are typing? I prefer to just run a spell check at the end.  TIA. ...

Numbers?
Jan 20, 2010

patient has a longstanding history of intravenous heroin abuse, a 300 dollars a day habit.  Is it $300 a day or three hundred dollars a day, or 300 dollars a day? ...

2 Numbers In A Row
Nov 22, 2011

I am typing a document and the doc states that the patient took 16 10-mg methadone tablets.  How would you guys write the 2 numbers in a row? ...

CCM And 800 Numbers
Jan 14, 2013

Has anyone noticed that CCMs don't have 800 numbers anymore?  They expect us to absorb the cost of a long distance call to talk to our boss.  What us up with that? ...

Does Everybody Keep A Log Of At Least Job Numbers?
Jan 25, 2013

I've been keeping a Notepad document running of all my job numbers in order to confirm Fiesa feedback (sometimes they get the wrong MT, had that happen 3 times so far, so you need to check that if a correction is not familiar to you) or whatever issues might come up. But occasionally I forget to even log a report, and I realized that I can double-check via Metrics as well as with my ID and date on Search Dictations, so why bother?  Just wondering if some don't bother with this and ...

Hyphens In Numbers
Oct 16, 2009

Hi, I have been gigged for this no matter how I do it...I had one QA person that said it should be written   1- x 2-cm and the other one said it should be 1 x 2-cm (which I prefer)..Any experts out there? Thanks ...

Numbers And Meds
Feb 04, 2010

I know we should type the sentence below as: Advair 250/50 1 puff twice a day but to me, that looks like it could be confusing when the dosage and amount of med are so close together.  I know we're not supposed to do it like this but this is what I type instead: Advair 250/50 one puff twice a day. Am I committing a horrible crime here?      ...

Typing Numbers
Dec 10, 2010

How do you type times one week?  (x 1 week or x one week) Please help. ...

I Think The Numbers Speak For Themselves. Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I just put some things together that are enlightening.  MQ/Spheris has 12,000 MT's in the U.S., not counting those overseas.  Transcend has 5,000 MT's in the U.S. and another 1500 in India.  Webmedx has 1200 MT's.  KeyStrokes has 600 MT's.  TT has 200 MT's.  Softscript has 200 MTs.  NEMT has 200 MT's.  Transolutions, or whatever they are called now, has 300 MT's.  Medware, again not sure what their new name is, has 3 ...

Do The Productivity Numbers Really Add Up?
Apr 13, 2011

My actual ASR lph and what they say I could do if there wasn't any "inactive" time is usually almost double. I have no idea how I can humanly close that gap. And yes, I am not using the dreaded mouse. I put my nose to the grind stone with absolutely no inactivity due to doing anything other than edit, and yet, I still come up with the lph they report I am doing rather than what they think I should be able to do without any inactivity. Interesting that this time they had a mouse click re ...

Ortho Numbers
Aug 16, 2011

I'm on a new ortho account. He states: Contusion of the right elbow clinically improving IC9719.42/812.0 plus 923.9. I have no idea what these numbers are for. Are they for the coders and if so does anyone know the right formattting for them? I transcribed just as he said. Any help is appreciated! ...

Numbers Or Spell It Out?
Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind. ...

ROMANS OR NUMBERS????
Apr 03, 2013

can anyone give me a clear understanding on what is to be typed in romans or numbers as far as Class, Types, Grades and levels?? Do different work types, i.e., use different ways, such as orthopedics? ...

Why Is ASR Spelling Out All Numbers
May 19, 2014

Last time I was notified numbers were allowed at the beginning of sentences anyway. Really getting to be a PIA.. ...