A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Numbers or spell it out? - MT

Posted: Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind.

Hahahaha! - That is crazy

[ In Reply To ..]
If you weren't going to post the question, why not just close the window without posting anything at all instead of posting "Never mind"... if you really didn't want us to "mind." lol

But probably since I see some 32 people clicked on your post before me, I BETCHA SOMEBODY did mind. hehehehe

depends - Pjk

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was in school, we were taught to put the numbers except in certain cases, like if two numbers were going to be together and cause confusion. For example 1 2 mg tablet should be one 2 mg tablet, etc. Length of time should always be the number, as well as dosages. My work doesn't have a policy on this, but you might want to check your work to see if they have a style guide.

In school we were taught - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
that numbers one through ten were spelled out and then over ten use numbers unless like another post states...two numbers are together, you can spell out the smaller of the two numerically and use the number. HOpe this helps.

use numbers unless it is a pronoun - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
or two numbers together like dosage..The actual dosage would be the number and the other spelled out.

Similar Messages:

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...

Numbers?
Jan 20, 2010

patient has a longstanding history of intravenous heroin abuse, a 300 dollars a day habit.  Is it $300 a day or three hundred dollars a day, or 300 dollars a day? ...

2 Numbers In A Row
Nov 22, 2011

I am typing a document and the doc states that the patient took 16 10-mg methadone tablets.  How would you guys write the 2 numbers in a row? ...

CCM And 800 Numbers
Jan 14, 2013

Has anyone noticed that CCMs don't have 800 numbers anymore?  They expect us to absorb the cost of a long distance call to talk to our boss.  What us up with that? ...

Does Everybody Keep A Log Of At Least Job Numbers?
Jan 25, 2013

I've been keeping a Notepad document running of all my job numbers in order to confirm Fiesa feedback (sometimes they get the wrong MT, had that happen 3 times so far, so you need to check that if a correction is not familiar to you) or whatever issues might come up. But occasionally I forget to even log a report, and I realized that I can double-check via Metrics as well as with my ID and date on Search Dictations, so why bother?  Just wondering if some don't bother with this and ...

Hyphens In Numbers
Oct 16, 2009

Hi, I have been gigged for this no matter how I do it...I had one QA person that said it should be written   1- x 2-cm and the other one said it should be 1 x 2-cm (which I prefer)..Any experts out there? Thanks ...

Numbers And Meds
Feb 04, 2010

I know we should type the sentence below as: Advair 250/50 1 puff twice a day but to me, that looks like it could be confusing when the dosage and amount of med are so close together.  I know we're not supposed to do it like this but this is what I type instead: Advair 250/50 one puff twice a day. Am I committing a horrible crime here?      ...

Typing Numbers
Dec 10, 2010

How do you type times one week?  (x 1 week or x one week) Please help. ...

I Think The Numbers Speak For Themselves. Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I just put some things together that are enlightening.  MQ/Spheris has 12,000 MT's in the U.S., not counting those overseas.  Transcend has 5,000 MT's in the U.S. and another 1500 in India.  Webmedx has 1200 MT's.  KeyStrokes has 600 MT's.  TT has 200 MT's.  Softscript has 200 MTs.  NEMT has 200 MT's.  Transolutions, or whatever they are called now, has 300 MT's.  Medware, again not sure what their new name is, has 3 ...

Do The Productivity Numbers Really Add Up?
Apr 13, 2011

My actual ASR lph and what they say I could do if there wasn't any "inactive" time is usually almost double. I have no idea how I can humanly close that gap. And yes, I am not using the dreaded mouse. I put my nose to the grind stone with absolutely no inactivity due to doing anything other than edit, and yet, I still come up with the lph they report I am doing rather than what they think I should be able to do without any inactivity. Interesting that this time they had a mouse click re ...

Are Numbers Under 10 Still Spelled Out With The BOS 3 Now?
Jul 18, 2011

Are numbers under 10 still spelled out with the BOS 3 now?  Thanks! ...

Ortho Numbers
Aug 16, 2011

I'm on a new ortho account. He states: Contusion of the right elbow clinically improving IC9719.42/812.0 plus 923.9. I have no idea what these numbers are for. Are they for the coders and if so does anyone know the right formattting for them? I transcribed just as he said. Any help is appreciated! ...

ROMANS OR NUMBERS????
Apr 03, 2013

can anyone give me a clear understanding on what is to be typed in romans or numbers as far as Class, Types, Grades and levels?? Do different work types, i.e., use different ways, such as orthopedics? ...

Why Is ASR Spelling Out All Numbers
May 19, 2014

Last time I was notified numbers were allowed at the beginning of sentences anyway. Really getting to be a PIA.. ...

Looking At The Grid, The Numbers Appear To Only
Dec 03, 2014

take into account working 8 hours per day. What happens to part-time people? How will that be figured. Yesterday my C-LPH would have been between 150 and 170, but my total line count for the day was not between 1200 and 1360. How is that gonna work? Anybody got any clues? ...

Synernet Numbers
Jan 03, 2015

Maybe an odd question but do any of my fellow Synernet MTs know, even approximately, how many of us there are? Seems they are always hiring yet we're always still in MOT. I've been here a while and names on IM are always changing. I guess I don't really NEED to know but it's one of those things that seems to be some big secret, we're supposed to be a "team" but on what team do the players not even know how many are on the team much less not know anyone else on the so-cal ...

Is There A Way To Check Which Job Numbers You Have
May 18, 2015

jobs today!!! WTH!!!  ...

2 Numbers In A Row...seeking BOS Reference
Oct 27, 2009

Theo-24 200 mg is dictated.  As you can see, this puts 2 numbers side by side.  In this instance, is it okay to type this way or do I type differently.  What page in the BOS 2 is this type of issue referenced?   Thanks ...

Numbers - The Patient Will Be Seen In Two Days
Jan 04, 2010

I have the BOS second edition.  My interpretation of the chapter on numbers is that this would be correct:  The patient will be seen in two days.  In my client profile, it does not state any specs regarding numbers, but QA changes this type of thing to "2 days."  Can someone please help?  Has this changed with the BOS third edition?  Thanks in advance.  ...

Numbers At Beginning Of A Sentence
Nov 09, 2010

If a number starts a sentence like 5 mm do you spell out the 5 or start if with the 5.    TIA ...

Numbers At Beginning Of Sentence
Apr 05, 2011

I was always taught to spell out numbers at the beginning of a sentence.  Does this apply even if that number is technical and larger than ten? For example, would you type "25-mm sections were obtained."  -- OR --                                               "Twenty-five-mm sections were obtained." Thanks in advance. ...

So If We Type Out The Numbers In A List,
Jun 10, 2011

we get paid for them, but if we type the #. and it becomes "grayed out", we aren't getting paid for that... correct? ...

Numbers At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Aug 14, 2011

How do you type a sentence that begins with 911? ex.  911 was called. or Nine-one-one was called. ...

Writing Axis Numbers
Dec 05, 2011

is  it six o'clock axis or 6 o'clock axis and then what is the correct way of 6:30 o'clock axis or six-thirty o'clock axis or is it 6:30 axis or six-thirty axis?????  Whew!!! ...

Confused About Transcribing Numbers
Feb 12, 2012

I have been an MT for many years doing the same work for the same company.  Now, all of a sudden, I am out of a job and starting to test for companies.  I think I have picked up lots of bad habits and also conformed to the client's wishes.  Now, I feel as if I don't know anything for sure.  I have reviewed my test many times and find myself going back and changing things, especially regarding numbers.  For example 5 to 6 years ago, or is it 5-6 years ago or is ...

Best Headphones For Hearing Numbers?
Jul 03, 2012

What are the best headphones for hearing numbers? The numbers are getting mushy and slowing me down... help! ...

Help With Numbers Labs And Vitals
Apr 18, 2013

Can anyone help with any tips on numbers? I work in speech recognition as most of us do now and I am having the hardest time with numbers. The account I am on has high ESL also, but even without that, I can't seem to get values correct 100% of the time to save my life. Examples are hearing a 0 instead of an 8 such as 130 instead of 138 or hearing a 2 instead do a 3 or even in platelets thinking I am hearing a value of 300,000 versus 200,000. If it is a profile that doesn't make sense ...

Numbers Spelled Out According To BOS3
Sep 30, 2013

If a sentence ends with a number, such as, "...the patient will be seen again in a week or two," according to BOS3 should the two be shown as 2 or spelled out.  ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...