A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ophthalmology spelled wrong twice in ad - incognito

Posted: Dec 27, 2011

Nobody cares anymore.

Ophthalmology - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of people care. Whose ad was it?

I posted about a company's inability to spell once... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
....and it was for misspelling ophthalmology. Maybe it was DocuMed that time too. I honestly can't remember. Anyway, my post was deleted and the email from moderator said no spelling police allowed.

shame you got deleted for that - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I contacted the company via email - disgraceful!

[ In Reply To ..]

good; let us know if they respond - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well, it takes all kinds. That we typically care about spelling - for its own sake does not mean everyone does. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
''Well, it takes all kinds'' - My, what a charitable attitude!
[ In Reply To ..]
Such an understanding (and sappy) attitude toward an MTSO that in all probability demands a 99% accuracy rate of a select portion of its employees (on ALL MT-produced text, not just that which directly affects patient care). Just another example of the hypocrisy and double standard of MTSOs who hold the MT to a higher standard than the rest of its employees. (While self-haters like the OP --if she actually IS an MT in the first place---graciously excuse it.) News flash: What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Accurate spelling denotes professionalism, clarity of thought, and facilitates communication, not just in medical transcription, but in ALL corporate correspondence, just as sloppy spelling demonstrates laziness (too difficult to Google a very common medical speciality?)
this is not about "spelling for its own sake" - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
this is about respect and integrity.

Very true and very sad. Even sadder still, when I see an ad - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I always send an email asking their requirements PC wise and other before testing. I have yet to hear an answer from any of them.

SM, meant in a nice way: Perhaps you might try - changing your approach. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Well to be honest, I am not rude about it, but I just - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
ask what are the requirements for the job in case I pass the test? I am not rude, i.e. to keep from wasting my time....
Nothing at all ''rude'' - about your question.
[ In Reply To ..]
Abundant rudeness, however, on the part of a company that ignores a valid question about computer specs. AMAZING that a fellow MT (doubtful, though, that that is the case) would actually suggest that the problem is that YOUR ''approach'' needs changing! Seriously? MTSOs routinely eat up hours of job-seeking MTs' time with extensive testing yet won't take a moment to reply to a basic question, and that nitwit suggests the problem lies not with the unresponsive, rude MTSO but with the MT's ''approach''! Hilarious!
Thank you:) Yeah I kinda wondered since I felt it was - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
a fairly routine question. I mean really, how many MTs would test before wanting to know the requirements of the company? I thank you again for standing up for me:)

And also, how do you know what my approach is? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean really I think you must be a DSG person. They seem to hate me for blowing the whistle on them. So be it, but still how do you know my approach? Unless you cannot read (which i strongly suspect) and the fact that I specifically said I AM NOT rude, i.e. (do you know what that means? Guess not) emailing and saying so I do not waste my time.

Similar Messages:

Spell Check - Underline Words Spelled Wrong As You Are Typing?
Jan 05, 2011

In spell check, how do you get it to NOT underline words spelled wrong as you are typing? I prefer to just run a spell check at the end.  TIA. ...

Does CBC Ever Need To Be Spelled Out?
Jan 02, 2011

x ...

Dictator Spelled F U B L A R.
Jun 24, 2010

Hemostasis was maintained with a bipolar and fublar.  Dictator spelled FUBLAR, but pronounced as FIBiLAR, or more accurately, FIB-YOU-LAIR.   ...

Are Numbers Under 10 Still Spelled Out With The BOS 3 Now?
Jul 18, 2011

Are numbers under 10 still spelled out with the BOS 3 now?  Thanks! ...

Medication - One G-A-P (spelled Out) B.i.d.
Jul 10, 2012

x ...

GI Spelled Out In Diagnosis?
Aug 14, 2013

Hi - Can't seem to find any mention of this in BOS3, but can someone tell me whether I should be using "GI" or "gastrointestinal" in a preoperative diagnosis?  I seem to remember in school being told to leave GI as is when in the ROS but seem to be drawing a blank on this one!  Thanks in advance!! ...

Calvarium Spelled Out By Doc But I Cant Verify
Mar 26, 2012

Here is the sentence CT scan of the head demonstrated a minimally depressed communicated fracture of the left occipital "calvarium."   Spell check shows calvarium wrong.  Stedmans neuro book doesnt have it..Google shows calvaria, which stedmans shows.. Which is correct please ...

Numbers Spelled Out According To BOS3
Sep 30, 2013

If a sentence ends with a number, such as, "...the patient will be seen again in a week or two," according to BOS3 should the two be shown as 2 or spelled out.  ...

Doctor Just Spelled Out Hematuria For Me. Awfully Considerate....
Dec 11, 2009

EXCEPT that he spelled it "h-e-m-a-c-h-u-r-i-a."  Since MQ is so gung ho against us actually using our brains, should I actually spell it like that???? Oh please, please please I want to!!! ...

My Doctor Used Syncope As A Verb - Is This Spelled The Same?
Sep 26, 2010

My doctor used syncope as a verb - is the spelling the same?  the patient was going to syncope. Thanks for any help.  dotm ...

Oromucolingual Masikatory Movements. Is This How It Should Be Spelled.
Apr 17, 2011

This is a psych report.  The doctor says, "The patietn has no oromucolingual masikatory movements."  I just wondered if this was the correct way to spell this becuase i am not finding many references for it anywhere.   ...

Medication Spelled Baclopan? Doesn't Say What It Is For
Apr 26, 2012

x ...

Ophthalmology Help Please
Jan 19, 2011

I just got a new client that is an ophthalmology group.  The doctor is saying, "Pachymetry measurements by ultrasound pachymetry are 508 microns OD and 510 microns OS.  ___________ are 46.5 x 47.2 flat meridian at 1 OD and 46.75 x 47.75 flat meridian at 1 OS." Where the blank is it sounds like K.A's or Cave's???  Is there such a thing.  I can't seem to find anything similar.  Your help is greatly appreciated. ...

More Ophthalmology
Oct 22, 2013

The patient is undergoing vitrectomy.  "Of note, the anterior segment, she did have significant nuclear ________ with cortical spoking as well as iris synechia inferiorly."  It sounds like "squadric" or something of that nature.    ...

Vapor Wand? Is It Capped? Is It Spelled Correctly? Thanks.
Jan 04, 2010

XX ...

Drug Spelled Out Hyalaronic 100 Mg Daily. Any Ideas?
Sep 21, 2010

x ...

Drug Allergy To *ricol* Spelled Out On H&P Sheet
Jun 02, 2011

x ...

Ophthalmology Question
Oct 17, 2009

I rarely ever get these types of reports and need help with how to type this sentence: His refractive error is a -0.50  +1.25 axis at 170. I do not know where/if to put commas, if it should be typed -0.50 plus 125 or -0.50 + 1.25, or as above sample. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Ophthalmology Books
Dec 09, 2009

The only ophthalmology book I am aware of is Stedman's.  Is there another one that is better?  I am only a little bit familiar with ophthalmology OP's and need a good book.  Thanks. ...

Ophthalmology Instruments
Dec 10, 2009

Replying to probably old message in Google.  Correct spelling of instruments commonly used in cataract extraction:  Utrata forceps, cystitome.  Procedure: capsulorrhexis.  ...

Ophthalmology Medication Help
Apr 23, 2010

The patient is to discontinue the s/l *Ocuvar* topical eye drops. Searching and cannot find this .. any suggestions? Tia ...

Help With Ophthalmology Terms
Jun 18, 2010

Need some help with these terms that are some type of eye surgery.  They are mentioned in the past medical history. Resident dictates what sounds like "rule-op-sis" to the right eye (spells this rulptoss, which I am sure doesn't spell anything!) and "lul-pop-tosis" to the left eye (spells this lulptosos, which also doesn't spell anything!).  I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have! I am on my last nerve with these students, residents, foreign doctors, etc., being ...

Ophthalmology Surgery
May 24, 2011

It's a cataract surgery. Hemostasis of the *sounds like limbo area was obtained using wet-field cautery. Dictation is very quiet so I can't tell for sure. Thanks in advance! ...

Ophthalmology Surgery HELP
Apr 16, 2014

Patient is having what sounds like some kind of eye surgery. Diagnosis sounds like: Upper "lido matic ecalasia" functionally limiting. Bilateral upper lid ptosis functionally limiting. HELP! ...

Questions About Ophthalmology Report Plz??
Oct 14, 2010

"Very pleased that the glaucoma surgery we did in the left eye is working well and the pressure is nice/tender (thats what it sounds like but not sure if its right) in the left eye and 16 in the right eye."    "The left eye showed a little bit of conjunctiva infection which may be due to the" s/l alfican or elfican? (He changed the patient then to Xalatan). Thank you for helping!!  ...

Opinions On Ophthalmology Transcription?
Dec 13, 2010

I've been editing and transcribing an ophthalmology account for a month now. I find it very difficult with many abbreviations and tests.  I also find it really hard to find things on the Internet related to same, unlike with the other specialties with which I'm familiar. Anyone else dislike ophthalmology as much as I do?   ...

Ophthalmology Word Site
Feb 07, 2011

Can anyone recommend an great opthalmology site to use for reference? ...

Ophthalmology Position Testing
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone tried testing for this?  I cannot get the file to upload into Express Scribe and the dictator is talking warpspeed!  If anyone would like to share how they did it, I would appreciate it! ...

Ophthalmology Exam S/l Dismaculan Vessels
Jun 15, 2010

The doc says "Retina examination shows normal _____ vessels." After having googled and googled, I wonder if he is saying disk macula and vessels or maybe disk-macula and vessels.  I have found a hyphenated "disk-macula" but only once, so I don't know whether to trust this or not. And it could be something else.  It could be "dis-something," but I just can't find anything that begins with "dis" related to eye anatomy. It could be "disk," which actually would make some sen ...

Know Of Any Good Ophthalmology Word Books?
Sep 22, 2010

I am looking for a great ophthalmology reference book, know any? Thanks ...