A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doctor just spelled out hematuria for me. Awfully considerate.... - kiki

Posted: Dec 11, 2009

EXCEPT that he spelled it "h-e-m-a-c-h-u-r-i-a."  Since MQ is so gung ho against us actually using our brains, should I actually spell it like that???? Oh please, please please I want to!!!

Knowledge of spelling and medical degrees - Newatthis

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the two are mutually exclusive. I would say that in my (albeit limited) experience, literally 90% of the time when the dictator spells a word it's WRONG. I'm talking native English speakers, here.

he/she was just showing off.... they know way more than us - ya know....nm

[ In Reply To ..]
illiterate MT here

dictor just spelled out hematuria for me - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had doctors spell first names (Jose, William, etc.) and make me figure out how to spell last names that I do not think even exist or come from another planet. I think that is considerate just in case I am from another planet.

Spellers - Newatthis

[ In Reply To ..]
That's funny kittykat, you remind me of one dictator I have that always spells out names like John or Susan, very s-l-o-w-l-y, but rattles through multisyllabic last names. You're right, I hadn't thought of how considerate that is, just in case I'm from Alpha Centauri Prime.

Similar Messages:

My Doctor Used Syncope As A Verb - Is This Spelled The Same?
Sep 26, 2010

My doctor used syncope as a verb - is the spelling the same?  the patient was going to syncope. Thanks for any help.  dotm ...

Considerate Or Just Stupid? LOL!
Dec 06, 2013

I'm sort of new to this "work pool" thing where the work is shared amoung several MTs. I understand that we all need to make a buck.... as much bucks as possible, actually.  I also understand that sometimes the  work load is slim-pickin's.  When that's the case, and I know that there's a lull, I do try to be considerate and not take ALL the work that's in there.   For instance, if I see there are only say 10 or 15 jobs in a queue and there is another ...

Does CBC Ever Need To Be Spelled Out?
Jan 02, 2011

x ...

Dictator Spelled F U B L A R.
Jun 24, 2010

Hemostasis was maintained with a bipolar and fublar.  Dictator spelled FUBLAR, but pronounced as FIBiLAR, or more accurately, FIB-YOU-LAIR.   ...

Are Numbers Under 10 Still Spelled Out With The BOS 3 Now?
Jul 18, 2011

Are numbers under 10 still spelled out with the BOS 3 now?  Thanks! ...

Medication - One G-A-P (spelled Out) B.i.d.
Jul 10, 2012

x ...

GI Spelled Out In Diagnosis?
Aug 14, 2013

Hi - Can't seem to find any mention of this in BOS3, but can someone tell me whether I should be using "GI" or "gastrointestinal" in a preoperative diagnosis?  I seem to remember in school being told to leave GI as is when in the ROS but seem to be drawing a blank on this one!  Thanks in advance!! ...

Ophthalmology Spelled Wrong Twice In Ad
Dec 27, 2011

Nobody cares anymore. ...

Calvarium Spelled Out By Doc But I Cant Verify
Mar 26, 2012

Here is the sentence CT scan of the head demonstrated a minimally depressed communicated fracture of the left occipital "calvarium."   Spell check shows calvarium wrong.  Stedmans neuro book doesnt have it..Google shows calvaria, which stedmans shows.. Which is correct please ...

Numbers Spelled Out According To BOS3
Sep 30, 2013

If a sentence ends with a number, such as, "...the patient will be seen again in a week or two," according to BOS3 should the two be shown as 2 or spelled out.  ...

Oromucolingual Masikatory Movements. Is This How It Should Be Spelled.
Apr 17, 2011

This is a psych report.  The doctor says, "The patietn has no oromucolingual masikatory movements."  I just wondered if this was the correct way to spell this becuase i am not finding many references for it anywhere.   ...

Medication Spelled Baclopan? Doesn't Say What It Is For
Apr 26, 2012

x ...

Vapor Wand? Is It Capped? Is It Spelled Correctly? Thanks.
Jan 04, 2010

XX ...

Drug Spelled Out Hyalaronic 100 Mg Daily. Any Ideas?
Sep 21, 2010

x ...

Drug Allergy To *ricol* Spelled Out On H&P Sheet
Jun 02, 2011

x ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Spell Check - Underline Words Spelled Wrong As You Are Typing?
Jan 05, 2011

In spell check, how do you get it to NOT underline words spelled wrong as you are typing? I prefer to just run a spell check at the end.  TIA. ...

"the Heel Is Up And A Bit More *equinos*...." - Is This Spelled Correct?
Nov 28, 2009

nm ...

Doc Spelled "chiss" Of The Vitreous
Apr 24, 2012

any ideas.,,,it is a vitrectomy to repair a macular hole...The whole sentence is   On further attempts at the elevation, there must have been a chiss of the vitreous because the ____| QA MARKER: 106 |____  of the vitreous was noted to elevate.   Marker I left in s/l middle lie....More concerned about the chiss but any help would be greatly appreciated...Hate opth reports the most.... ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...