A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In labs section - s/l t-time or t-timer

Posted: Oct 07, 2010

Right after total bilirubin doc says what s/l t-time or t-timer 1446.

Thanks!

Duh! nvm - Thrombin time

[ In Reply To ..]
:-|

D-dimer -sm - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
That is also a blood clotting test.

Ahhhh - Thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
I ended up sending it to QA, because after I thought it was thrombin time I went back and listened and he said 1,446 so that didn't make sense for thrombin time. Now I'll know for next time!

Similar Messages:

Labs....something
Nov 03, 2009

The doctor says: "Labs from the skilled nosary posability." I was thinking "skilled nursing facility" but there are too many syllables. Could anything else go in there to make it sound complete? Thanks! ...

Labs New To Me
Jun 06, 2010

Her laboratory studies show a sedimentation rate of 25, C-reactive protein of 2.9, and a positive s/l ANA  with a speckled pattern and a s/l tyler of 1 to 40. TIA   This is new to me, so I am very unsure. tia. ...

V-labs?
Jan 08, 2013

At the end of an EMG report, doc says something that sounds like "The V labs appear to be fairly normal."  Any clue what this might be? Thanks.   ...

With Regards To Labs On A Pt. With AIDS
Oct 14, 2009

LABORATORY DATA:  From August 2009 - HIV copies less than 48.  _______ (s/l the word "law") copies less than 1.68.    Any help appreciated. :) ...

How To Type UIU - In Labs
Nov 14, 2009

IU is on our dangerous abreviations list - Internation Units - wondering how to type uIU   thanks! ...

Regarding Labs - S/l NSDs - Thanks
Jan 26, 2010

same note with the Epstein-Barr virus the bllank sound slike - If "NSDs" do not elucidate We have elected to go ahead and repeat some blood work today, including another CBC, inflammatory markers, and serologies for EBV and CMV.  If _____ do not elucidate a cause, as long as his CBC and chemistries are normal, I think that viral etiology still is the likely explanation and would recommend ongoing observation at this point. ...

Help With Labs/ESL Dictator
Mar 01, 2010

This is what it sounds like. "His WBC 11.48, and his 12.4 and 37.0 PT/PTT were normal." It seems like "PT/PTT were normal." Should be a sentence on its own, but then I'm not sure what the 12.4 and 37.0 lab values would be for. Grr... Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Labs? Edc Or Adc Or Idices..
Nov 12, 2011

doctor reads off investigations as: Glucose is 5.7.Sodium 132.Potassium 4.2.Urea 11.Creatinine 111. then says: ( ad .... pause .. s/l  ..  EDices are normal baseline ) anyone familiar with labs?   tia!!!! =)   ...

Labs; Differential
Aug 14, 2012

On lab data after the eos, lymphs, monos, myelos, and all that... He says "2 mettas", obviously an abbreviation.  Has anyone ever had to write this phonetically abbreviated?   Thanks!!! ...

Labs- Dish Level
Aug 10, 2011

CBC, ?dish level? and TSH. ...

Labs, Platelet Count, Pls S/m
Sep 29, 2011

I just got a note from QA for a hospital I transcribe for (didn't even know we had QA!) that I have been transcribing platelets incorrectly. D:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200, WBC 2000,... etc., T:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200, WBC 2000, Corrected:  T:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200,000, WBC 2000... I've been transcribing this way for 15 years, will do whatever the account wants but I've looked ...

Need Help...Online Reference For Labs
Jun 03, 2012

I am in need of an online reference to search labs. I'm looking but not really sure what I'm finding is reliable. Anyone who has a reliable online source to look up labs I would greatly appreciate the assistance! ...

Help With Numbers Labs And Vitals
Apr 18, 2013

Can anyone help with any tips on numbers? I work in speech recognition as most of us do now and I am having the hardest time with numbers. The account I am on has high ESL also, but even without that, I can't seem to get values correct 100% of the time to save my life. Examples are hearing a 0 instead of an 8 such as 130 instead of 138 or hearing a 2 instead do a 3 or even in platelets thinking I am hearing a value of 300,000 versus 200,000. If it is a profile that doesn't make sense ...

Dody Body? (Labs)
Jun 10, 2013

Difficult east Indian dictator: "Bands 0% and polymorphs 47%.   Dody body is positive. Patient with scattered pulmonary emboli, borderline CHF. Symptoms: cough productive of yellow sputum, shortness of breath. Also can bands be 0%?  Thanks.  ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

Gyn - CS Section
Oct 12, 2010

s/l Lexus O retractor ??? ...

Name Of Retractor Used In C-section
Apr 12, 2010

In a C-section -- dictates:  the midline revealed the peritoneum which was entered, extended superiorly and inferiorly and a s/l leksus O retractor was placed.    Thanks ...

C-section Op Report
Jan 04, 2011

Pre adn post op diagnoses are:  A 38 week pregnancy. A previous cesarean section. Early labor.  There is also mention of cervical stenosis.  Dr. ESL and I am new so struggling with this paragraph. She has a significant history of having had a previous primary low transverse cesarean section in October, 2005 for ______ ( s/l  arrested descent) with labor and _______ (s/l  arrested debilitation) despite an extensive _____ ( s/l  trial) of labor. The ...

Pregnancy/c-section
Jan 24, 2011

s/l "Schwom of clear fluid..."   I'm stumped!! ...

Dr. Is Doing A Caesarean Section
Jun 01, 2011

Dr. is doing a Caesarean section.  I can't get get a good sound of type type of retractor - sounds like "biliary" ??  Thanks ...

C-section S/l Curr--any OB MTs Know This?
Feb 07, 2013

Doc says "repeat c-section s/l curr." Are there different techniques for C sections? I know there are different techniques for practically everything, but i rarely type OB reports so I'm not sure. Any OB expert who can help me out? ...

Dictators Give The Labs With The Values First - Like 147 Sodium, 4.2 Potassium
Aug 18, 2011

Don't you hate it when dictators give the labs with the values first - like 147 sodium, 4.2 potassum, etc and then switch it part way through back to glucose 110 - that gets me so screwed up. ...

Good Source Of Labs For H&Ps That Are Grouped In Proper Groups
May 24, 2013

Does anyone have a good source of labs for H&Ps that are grouped in proper groups so I can quickly look and know when to put the period and start another group?  I'm looking for a quick reference sheet or something that I can refer to without having to go look up the things that I don't remember. I'm trying to learn them all but there are just so many that it's overwhelming at times.  I'd even take a Word document if you have created your own references.    ...

Abbreviations In INDICATIONS SECTION
Nov 16, 2009

Hello.  I was just wondering, are abbreviations allowed in the INDICATIONS section of a surgical report?  Thank you!   ...

Are We Not Allowed To Put ('s) In The Nickname Section?
Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else? ...

Physical Exam Section
Feb 10, 2010

S/l he is saying "scariotristic???? changes of the skin" ...

S/l P3 Rhom - Preg Pt To Have C-section
Dec 22, 2010

nm ...

S/l Marsue Procedure During C-section
Jan 20, 2011

she used this procedure for delivering the infant ...

Just Took A Typing Test And Did Bad On One Section...
Jan 20, 2011

I so badly needed to slow the dictation down but was not able to. I listened to two places a million times and just could not make out what the heck he was saying. Had to leave 2 blanks. That is going to look absolutely horrible.  Rrrrrg, so disappointed. ...

Section For New Opportunties; Branching Out From MT
May 05, 2012

Could there also be a section on this website for "New Opportunties for MT skills" or the like?  Or "What comes next" where people could share what they are working on for the future?     ...