A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My reasons for dragging my feet on 6.1. - L&L

Posted: Sep 15, 2010

have nothing to do with difficulty, upload/download time, or any MT-related issues.

The majority of you STILL DON'T GET IT.  6.1. is an enhancement for back-end editing.

Back-end editing means more automatiion and need for fewer and fewer real live human MTs to do MQ work.

So great, jump on the bandwagon to eliminate your jobs.  I'm relatively confident I'll be one of the last to be let go whether I upgrade to 6.1 now or a month from now or whenever.

You are just making it easier for them to NOT NEED YOU.  I hope that whopping wal mart gift card makes up for losing your job.

so, besides the numbering feature, how is the rest for - backend editing?

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, if you do not use the numbering feature, how is it helping back-end editing?

How are you so confident you will be one of the last to go? Are you an MME from the North Region with 2 E's in your first name?

nope, I'm the prima donna working for the movie star hospital - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
automatically ordering headings, and who knows what else. Did you read the on-line manual. It specifically says these changes are for back-end editing.

It's going to make more reports ASR - Mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I did realize that immediately when it mentioned how now we won't have to worry about putting headings in the correct order - it will be done on back-end editing. I currently have a few hospitals with work types requiring 8-10 headings that right now are straight typing. The new 6.1 intends to eliminate that little windfall for us by enabling those types of reports to be ASR.

The problem is that this is the direction...sm - Spring

[ In Reply To ..]
that the whole industry is going, not just MQ. I'm not sure if you've read the company board or any of the other boards, but people aren't happy at other places either. Change is happening whether we want it to or not, and it seems to me that the people who have the best chance of doing well are those who keep an open mind about it and are willing to go along with it. It's like the old saying, "Blessed are the flexible, for they will not break." Yes, I'm sure there will be more ASR down the road(although I've had more transcription since switching to 6.1 actually), and yes our roles are going to change in this industry, but if you're not willing to adjust, you'll have a very hard time and might end up making yourself obsolete instead of those people willing to lean new technology.

If for some reason you are right and we end up working ourselves out of a job, then something else will come along. MQ is not my god, and they will not be my end-all and be-all to get my family and I by. I'm sure that things would work out....things always do eventually.

and you are going to stop them how? - way to stand up for yourself

[ In Reply To ..]
Now that is what I call taking a stand! You think that by not downloading 6.1 you are changing the course of our jobs going away? You are not stopping them. Even if none of us downloaded, it will not stop them. You are so easily replaced, and for a lot less money. If you wanted to protect that cushy account that you believe will carry you till the end, you best better hop on board and get good at it.

So, by stomping your feet and pouting, you - are somehow stopping the changes?

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok. Good luck with that.

BTW, I don't have that heading crap on any of my accounts. I still number the old way out of habit. Other than the numbering change and the stupid physician lookup, everything else is the same as it was before.

you post twice about OP stopping it; where does OP say she is stopping it - in her post? nowhere. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Excuse me. I did not post twice. - Only once.

[ In Reply To ..]
z

Um.. I posted once! - way to stand up for yourself

[ In Reply To ..]
totally different person

Similar Messages:

Pt With Calluses On Feet - Exam: Both Feet Have S/l Serp-ses
Dec 27, 2010

x ...

ExEditor - Slowness, Cursor Dragging, Freezing
Dec 11, 2009

Anyone working on this and having problems with it?  I have been having problems with slowness, cursor dragging, freezing.  It is worse with longer reports, but is sporadic and I really can't find a definite pattern.  Anyone else? ...

Love The Extra Daylight Hours, But Am I The Only One Dragging Tail?
Mar 12, 2012

I'm dieing here trying to stay awake.. ...

What Are The Reasons One Would Not Get Unemployment?
Sep 06, 2013

n/a ...

Reasons Why VR Stinks
May 05, 2014

* - It sucks at numbers (not that numbers are important on a legal medical document or mean life and death in dosing etc.) * - It puts diagnoses on paper that weren't even said! * - It takes a phone number (emergency contact for patient) and inserts 02/08/2014 07/04/2013 04/03/2014 05/05/2013 04/02/2014 (what the ????) * - You can't make any money * - It can't recognize the difference between ASSESSMENT: AND IMPRESSION: It doesn't matter, whichever they said, it will say ...

One Of The Reasons A Union Will Never Work
Feb 03, 2011

"I am looking for a transcription company that does SOAP notes preferably. I have 15 years of transcription experience and would like to do something part-time and weekends." I read this today.  I considered it could be a bait post since not far under it is one equal eyebrow-raising. But here's an MT who can say, "I have 15 years experience" and I would venture to guess, couldn't hold a candle to many of the newer and older acute-care MTs. Years of experience really becomes mea ...

Reasons For Discontent With Nuance
Jul 31, 2013

I know Nuance management watches this board carefully and know they are aware of issues we have, but wanted once again to put it in black and white.  Main issues are, in my humble opinion: 1.  Horrible health insurance.  Basically just major medical.  Makes me look forward to whatever Obamacare might offer.2.  Fiesa and QA/QC that make mountains out of molehills and seem to be intent on making us feel we are only worth the pittance we receive.3. The bonuses and difficul ...

TOP 10 REASONS TO DISLIKE NUANCE
May 20, 2014

1.  Low pay. 2.  Fiesa with no rhyme or reason for scores. 3. Too many managers/mini managers with rambling corporate speak emails. 4. Rambling client specifics on different accounts all subject to interpretation. 5.  Client specifics not uniform. 6.  Spark.  People you are told to contact are unavailable.  Lists should be alphabetized.   7.  Incompetent support staff. 8.  Bad VR which does not learn through correction.  Same mistakes over ...

Anyone Refused To Type A Doc For Ethical Reasons?
May 05, 2011

Because I'm about to refuse to start typing a certain GYN oncologist, the little butchering, castrating, &*()(* that he is, has anyone else done this? ...

Religious Reasons For Not Changing Your Hours, Can You Get UE?
Jan 29, 2013

It may be state to state also but let's say you had a religious reason for not working saturdays or sundays and they said to you "if you work sundays and saturdays you will have work" but you were not hired to work these dates as you stated when you were hired it was because of religious reasons, can you get unemployment? They are changing your schedule that you didn't sign up for, for a reason, religious objection. Just wondering. ...

Feet
Dec 06, 2009

Extremity exam on an 81 year old lady . . . She does have slightly s/l "bruberous" appearing feet on both of her lower extremities.   Never heard this one.  Suggestions? ...

Getting My Feet Wet?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone know of a good, honest company where I can get my "feet wet" without being dragged in over my head? There are so many companies and after browsing through the forums here, I don't know which company to trust! Thanks for any help! ...

Can There Be Rugae On The Feet?
Feb 26, 2010

laser vaporization to remove s/l ruga on the plantar aspect left foot ...

What Do You Wear On Your Feet?
Jan 04, 2011

I find that if I wear shoes, I am inadvertantly pressing the rewind or FF bars on the foot pedal because the shoes are too wide. My feet get really sore pressing on the foot pedal with only socks on, though. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

Do You Say 5 Feet, 4 Inch Woman Or 5 Foot
May 29, 2011

5 feet or 5 foot. I think it should be 1 foot and anything over 1, then feet, but now its sounding weird. I always type feet. Just wondering what other people do. ...

Bilateral Feet @-ray: Rule Arches, No Abnormalities.
Oct 02, 2012

Has anyone heard of "rule" arches?  Is this correct? ...

S/L Jobe's Boots To Reduce Swelling In Feet.
May 03, 2013

I have looked everywhere and am not finding this. Has anyone ever heard of these? I tried several different spelling and nothing is popping up. Thank you so much in advance. ...

Exam Of His Feet Reveals S/l Navis Cavus Deformity.
Apr 23, 2010

x ...

Self-reported Height And Weight WERE 5 Feet 5 Inches And 125 Pounds
Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.   ...

New Physican Look Up For "security" Reasons??
Sep 12, 2010

I don't get the email with the FAQ's about 6.1 says that the new physician look up (that apparently they are getting a lot of complaints from MTs about) is because of a security issue with choosing the wrong doctor.  Well, I could understand THAT, but I don't see how this new slower way makes any difference in that regard....you could still JUST as easily choose the wrong doctor this way too.    The way they can and SHOULD address the problem of choosing the wrong ...

"right And Left Foot" Or "right And Left Feet"
Jun 13, 2011

This doc always says, "right and left foot", but i cant help but think that it should be "right and left feet"..... Can someone clear this up for me?   For example:  The patient comes in today for examinatin of his right and left foot.  or   The patient's right and left foot appears in normal condition.   ...