A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Blank sonic device in laparoscopic hysterectomy - gksc

Posted: Oct 28, 2013

working on a laparoscopic hysterectomy. It sounds like he is saying serosonic device.  looking at all the old reports it is Sonicision device.  BUT he is NOT saying that.  When I listened to the old report just to see if he just does not pronounce it correctingly, I hear the Sonicision in that report. 

In my report, he is clearly saying ____ sonic device.  not harmonic.  not sonicision.

The ____ sonic device was used to take down the fallopian tubes, then the Gyrus device was used take to take down the ovarian ligament, the round ligament, the broad ligament up to the uterine vessels, done bilaterally.  Then the ___sonic device was used to make a bladder flap anteriorly.

Any thoughts?

Stereosonic? nm - just a guess

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Aortouniiliac Device Or Aorto-uni-iliac Device
May 27, 2015

hh ...

Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Jan 08, 2010

dictating a laparoscopic appendectomy and as a heading it s/l he's saying "prosthetic device:  None."  or "prostatic device:  None." ...

511 Laparoscopic Port
Jan 29, 2010

511 port 5/11 port 5.11 port not sure which laparoscopic port ...

Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Jan 06, 2012

The gallbladder was then removed from the liver bed using cautery.  The gallbladder was extracted in an Endo Catch bag. The  *section* was lavaged with saline.  After ensuring adequate hemostasis, the pneumoperitoneum was deflated.   Does this sound right?  (I don't have a lot of experience with this type of procedure) ...

Op Note Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Sep 09, 2010

Laparoscope is placed through the sheath to envision the abdominal organs.  The patient has no signs of free fluid.  (S/L) Calderi  can be seen below the right lobe of the liver; the liver otherwise is normal. ...

Potential Complication From Laparoscopic
Sep 23, 2010

"Risks, benefits, and potential complications were discussed with the patient, in particular _________ (s/l  *tomboy buttock*)  phenomenon".     (Pt. is a male). ????? ...

Fish In Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Nov 14, 2010

The doctor was using a "fish" in the abdomen during a laparoscopic cholecystectomy.  Have never heard of this before and cannot document it ... Can someone help? ...

Anesthesia For Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy S/l Park
Feb 22, 2010

anesthesia for laparoscopic cholecystectomy, s/l park ...

Laparoscopic Endometriosis - Veress Needle...?
Feb 23, 2011

This is for laparoscopic ablation of endometriosis and bilateral tubal cystectomy. A Veress needle was advanced thus starting partial (___), approximately 4 liters of CO2 gas was used to create a pneumoperitoneum. s/l it starts with an "r" - sort of like report. Thanks!! ...

S/l Eskalat Grasper During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Oct 23, 2013

nm ...

Laparoscopic Surgery - Fifth Or Fist Abdominal Pressure?
May 15, 2013

nm ...

Hysterectomy Questions
Aug 13, 2010

Hi all.  Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!   EA cisors are in the vagina and in the rectum.   The bladder is separated from the pubic bone by a potential space, the space of Retzius or the retropubic space, which contains the venous plexus of santorini, Cooper’s ligament or the iliopectineal line running along the issupebic remind bilaterally.   Thanks! ...

Hysterectomy With Salpingo
Nov 02, 2010

Help with correct spelling - what sounds like curvenie clamp and heene stitch   ...

Salpa Hysterectomy
Feb 22, 2011

Hi,  the doc says something like salpa hysterectomy.  how do I put it.  please help.   Tx ...

Da Vinci Hysterectomy
Feb 25, 2011

Dr states "the uterus was then amputated over s/l crow cup"  Any ideas.  TIA!!! ...

Vaginal Hysterectomy
Nov 15, 2013

A *hemifixation* stitch was used repeatedly after ligaments were clamped and cut.  I cannot verify.  Thanks! ...

Uro Needle....for Hysterectomy
May 09, 2014

nm ...

Total Hysterectomy~Clamps?
Dec 19, 2010

Okay, I can't make out what type of clamp he would be using.   "The uterus was then clamped at the adnexa with large s/l K **"enely" ?? clamps". thanks in advance.   bv ...

S/l Acorn Retractor In Hysterectomy?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

Uterus *propulsing (hysterectomy)
Jun 02, 2013

The uterus had been identified and noted to be *____________ at this point (sounds like propulsing). She is performing a laparoscopic-assisted hysterectomy and dictating 60 miles an hour.   Any help would be deeply appreciated. I have spent an enormous amount of time on this and now cannot get my line counts in for pay.   Thanks in advance!! ...

Hysterectomy - S/l Gammage, Douching, Or Intercourse
Aug 10, 2010

Discharge instructions following vaginal surgery - "Nothing per vagina including s/l gammage, douching, or intercourse. ...

Hysterectomy With Something That Sounds Like Gustick Speculum
May 02, 2013

hysterectomy with something that sounds like Gustick speculum.  Thanks.  ...

Hysterectomy- Panicele Or Fanicele Incision Site?
Feb 17, 2010

Patient has itching around the incision site of her hysterctomy-sounds like low panicele or low fanicele? Any ideas? ...

Hysterectomy - An Opening Was Made In The Mid (??) 2 Heaney Clamps
Aug 04, 2011

Just cannot hear this...    an opening was made in the mid(????)  2 Heaney clamps were placed on each tube ...

Hysterectomy - Bleeding Points Were Treated With Free**
May 23, 2013

bleeding points were treated with free**   help please ...

EEA Device
Nov 09, 2009

We accomplished this by placing in the purse-string of the biliary pancreatic limb the anvil of the 25 mm EEA s/l "eptikine" device. ...

HELP QA Pay By Blank???
Jan 05, 2011

Hi, I have been speaking with a company who will be hiring me for transcription.  They pay good rates and I asked them about the possiblity of job progression and eventually working as QA.  They said that QA pays by the blank... how is that even possible?  Ive seen being paid by the report, by the hour, or  by production (by the line)... but I have no idea how the QA staff make good money only getting paid for the blank.  any ideas?  Amy I missing something?  ...

Thrombectomy Device
Dec 03, 2009

Haven't heard of this one:  X-TRACTOR thrombectomy device?  "....crossed the occluded area going all the way distal to the posterolateral branch.  Next, using XTRACTOR thrombectomy device" ... Doc is saying is with emphasis making me think it's a brand instrument? anyone?  extrator device? or Xtractor?? ...

Tie Knot Device
Dec 11, 2009

How do you type Tie Knot device (fundoplication surgery) TIA ...

In Seal Device?
Feb 09, 2010

A laparoscopic in seal device was used to mechanically score the medial aspect of the sigmoid mesentery immediately caudal and cephalad to the inferior mesenteric artery ...