A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word (test) in back exam - sm

Posted: Mar 15, 2013

Dictated:  Lumbar extension and lateral bending are noted to be good and painless.  Straight leg raising sign is positive on the left at 75 degrees.  __________ s/l la-sack test is also positive on the left.  

Help and/or suggestions appreciated, thank you!

Lasègue test - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Thanks so much, Olive! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had searched, but did not use "straight leg raise" in my wording - I see now that would have helped.

Much appreciation from another late-night scribe :)

Similar Messages:

CMT Exam Test Prep
Nov 10, 2010

After being so tired of not being taken seriously and dealing with management shifts that don't know me from Jane, I really would like to take the CMT test.  I've been doing this for 13 years so not a newbie but honestly the test scares me.  I would like to take one of the prep course but don't really know which one to take.  I don't want to overdue if not needed and the prices for the courses vary by quite a bit.  AHDI has multiple classes listed but I� ...

Test Results From E-MTS Are Back.
Mar 05, 2012

Well I feel like I have been hit with a sledge hammer.  Just got my results from transcription testing and they say I made too many errors.  Strange to hear that, because I honestly thought I did a great job.  Two OP reports and EEG.  Of course I know on EEG I did not hear half of what dictator was saying, so how could I do a good job.   You know the more I think about this, I am probably better off not to be hired by this company.  The OP report was a C-secti ...

Eye Exam Cover Test Noted To Be S/l Autophoric.. TIA
Jun 01, 2011

autophoric?? Thanks.   ...

Anyone Test For Breitner And Hear Back?
Sep 12, 2014

I took the test almost 2 weeks ago but have not heard anything.  Anyone hear back?  Maybe I failed?!?! ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

Cervical And Shoulder Exam - S/l La-Rusta Test Was Negative
Apr 01, 2014

Cant figure this one out. ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Was Unable To Tolerate A S/l **prone Bow** Or **val** Test.
Aug 28, 2011

x ...

NUMBER 4 SIGNS? Orthopedic Test For The Back. Actual Dictation Below...
Dec 15, 2009

Equally performs NUMBER FOUR SIGNS with assistance of his upper extremities.    Could this be putting the ankle in the back of the opposite knee to create a "4" sign?  Never heard of this... ...

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Hand Surgery: On Exam, She Has A Negative (s/l Earl's Test But A Positive Broman's Sign).
Sep 20, 2010

TIA!!! ...

Hip Exam, Not Sure If A Hip Word Or Not
Mar 12, 2012

This patient is here for hip pain and says "was diagnosed by her previous PCP with a case of the ___________ (s/l eggasis) and was not recommended any treatment"  Any ideas?  There is nothing else in the note that refers to this and I can not think of any hip disease that will fit this.  This woman also has back pain with radiculopathy, as well as the hip pain if that helps.  TIA for any help.  ...

Need Help With Word In Skin Exam ... Psm
Dec 28, 2011

Sentence:  At the base of the neck there is s/l bazillious or vazillious hyperpigmented skin.  I feel like I've heard this years ago but can't put my finger on the word or how to spell it.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Neuro Exam Word Help. Please SM
Apr 29, 2015

NEUROLOGIC:  The patient is alert.  She really is nonverbal.  She makes occasional vocalization.  She has a lot of  _______________ (s/l hand datontism).  She is intermittently holding up her left with her left finger, but is easily distracted from this activity. ...

Breast Exam Word Help Needed!
Nov 15, 2009

Major issues understanding this doctor. I am also a newbie at this. Can anyone enlighten me on the several flagged words in this paragraph? BREAST:  No axillary adenopathy. On the right, you can see a scar on the right “perawheeler” anterior to the nipple, going straight down on the “rheeler” border. On the left, there is a  2.2 x 2.2 cm erythematous tender local mass attached to the skin, and it is somewhat indurated. Looks to be some type of infected cyst ver ...

Word Help-type Of Eye Procedure/exam
Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it.  "She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy."  ...

Lab Test Word Help
Dec 28, 2010

I am really trying to figure out what the heck this guy is talking about... Context is: Man with prostatic cancer, the voice sounds like "emission" Laboratory Data: His *emission* labs include a sodium of 139, potassium 2.9, BUN 12, creatinine 0.7, blood sugar 121. His WBC was 6.5. His platelets were over 300.   ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

Macro In Word To Go Back And Capitalize Something?
Apr 20, 2010

Every once in a while my shift key doesn't take and I have a sentence started without a capital letter.  Is there an way to create a macro that can go back and do that so that I don't have to either backspace out or stop and go back and correct and then carry on? I'm thinking to do a find function to go find the last period and then tell it to skip to the next letter, but I'm not entirely sure how that would go. If anyone's got any suggestions, I'd really app ...

Help, I Can't Find A Word And I'm Taking A Test
Nov 15, 2011

I'm taking a test and I've come across a word I can't find.  It sounds like ramidamisus.  Thanks in advance.  Sunnee ...

Upper And Lower Extremity Exam-sounds Like "crunch" Test?
Dec 12, 2009

upper and lower extremity exam-sounds like "crunch" test? ...

Neuro Exam, Negative Pronator Drift, Negaive S/l "smitri" Test TIA
Mar 12, 2010

xxx ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...