A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word help-type of eye procedure/exam - ASmom

Posted: Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it. 

"She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy." 

ophthalmoscopy ?? nm - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
`

ophthalmoscopy? - n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

OMG! I knew it was something obvious like - that but just kept hearing

[ In Reply To ..]
a "b" at the beginning. Color me embarrassed, but thankful. Thanks.

You're welcome. :) - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Similar Messages:

Type Of Procedure On Inferior Turbinates
Mar 03, 2011

The doctor is listing the type of procedure he is going to do on the inferior turbinates.  s/l es-i-marvin inferior turbinates. The actual procedure does not give any indication to this word.  He trimmed the turbinates.  He infractured them and outfractured them.  He also resected the mucosal tissues overlying the inferior turbinate bone. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Procedure Report For Nuclear Medicine Procedure, And After All Is Set To Go, PROCEDURE IS ABORTED.
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:  Brachytherapy implant. Now, where does "PROCEDURE ABORTED" go, so patient isnt charged for it, etc, and no errors are made? And, should it be all caps? In name of procedure or as a separate "Please Note:" Its dictated as name of procedure but Dr. is indecisive and stutters dictation ambiguously. ...

Ortho Procedure Word Help Please
Aug 31, 2011

The patient comes in with right shoulder pain.  Sentence is: He has had a previous (s/l "slights") resection of the distal end of the clavicle, probably from his cuff repair. I can't find anything that makes sense here. thanks!   ...

Hip Exam, Not Sure If A Hip Word Or Not
Mar 12, 2012

This patient is here for hip pain and says "was diagnosed by her previous PCP with a case of the ___________ (s/l eggasis) and was not recommended any treatment"  Any ideas?  There is nothing else in the note that refers to this and I can not think of any hip disease that will fit this.  This woman also has back pain with radiculopathy, as well as the hip pain if that helps.  TIA for any help.  ...

Need Help With Word In Skin Exam ... Psm
Dec 28, 2011

Sentence:  At the base of the neck there is s/l bazillious or vazillious hyperpigmented skin.  I feel like I've heard this years ago but can't put my finger on the word or how to spell it.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Neuro Exam Word Help. Please SM
Apr 29, 2015

NEUROLOGIC:  The patient is alert.  She really is nonverbal.  She makes occasional vocalization.  She has a lot of  _______________ (s/l hand datontism).  She is intermittently holding up her left with her left finger, but is easily distracted from this activity. ...

Breast Exam Word Help Needed!
Nov 15, 2009

Major issues understanding this doctor. I am also a newbie at this. Can anyone enlighten me on the several flagged words in this paragraph? BREAST:  No axillary adenopathy. On the right, you can see a scar on the right “perawheeler” anterior to the nipple, going straight down on the “rheeler” border. On the left, there is a  2.2 x 2.2 cm erythematous tender local mass attached to the skin, and it is somewhat indurated. Looks to be some type of infected cyst ver ...

Word (test) In Back Exam
Mar 15, 2013

Dictated:  Lumbar extension and lateral bending are noted to be good and painless.  Straight leg raising sign is positive on the left at 75 degrees.  __________ s/l la-sack test is also positive on the left.     Help and/or suggestions appreciated, thank you! ...

Procedure Of Ankle Sx,, S/l Brostin, Berostin, Perostin Procedure
Oct 24, 2009

I have a patient who had a px of her ankle. The doctor did not give any hx of injury or any symptoms, just stated that she had a left ankle arthroscopy and what sounds like a Brostin procedure of her ankle? Anyone ever hear of this? Thank you so much in advance! Forgive my giddiness today but I havent' had a lot of sleep in the past several days and I do get giddy with little sleep. For some reason, one of my mom's most famous sayings just came to mind: "From the day of your ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

Any Companies Where You Just Type Into Word?
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any companies left where you just type the reports into word? Or close to it? I'm looking for a part-time IC position like this, without the headaches of learning oodles and oodles of Account Specifics, adding attendings, intricate software, etc. Please name some companies like this for me. ...

Word Help: Type Of Swelling
Aug 05, 2010

Dermatologist says patient has "folliculitis type dermatitis.  He gets it on the hands, abdomen, even face hairs, and now he has one at left infraorbital area", then s/l  ferathemous or therathemus "swelling or pain".... I've been searching but haven't found the right word yet...anyone know what this is or can point me to a good place to look further? thanks, Cindy ...

Word S/l "lids" Procedure
Aug 21, 2012

I am working on a gynecology report and this sentence reads like... her past history includes a previous (s/l LIDS) procedure and a salpingo-oophorectomy. Any suggestions for the "LIDS" procedure? ...

Word Expanders - How To Make The Expansions Type
Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks. ...

Word Help - EGFR ____ Wild Type
May 23, 2013

This is a rad/onc report. Here is the sentence: "...woman with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer with neuroendocrine features, EGFR _________ wild type." The blank s/l either "and AOK" or "NAOK" Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance :) ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

Doc Dictates "F" Word, Direct Quote, In Psych Eval? How Would You Type?
May 18, 2012

I'm typing a psych eval. Doc  dictates the patient states "I don't give a f**k" I can't find the rules for typing profanity in BOS, but I did find in the psych eval section to type it as quoted. Anyone else know any different??? ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

T&A Procedure
Sep 18, 2010

Anyone heard of an Eve forceps?  Can't seem to find it anywhere.  I find EVE endoscope, but nothing for Eve forceps.  Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks ...

Procedure
Dec 08, 2011

S/L  Kocher-Kahtel procedure, mobilizing the pancreas  -- Kahtel is the problem child here!  TIA ...

FAT Procedure?
May 08, 2012

cardiac doc - "Patient post complex mitral valve repair - probably the FAT procedure"? (he spells it too) ...

SLP Procedure
Jun 22, 2012

for cervical dysplasia ...

NJA Procedure
Nov 22, 2012

Concerning below about how to report NJA, I was always told and still do it this way:  No work for 15 minutes, off clock, then I fill out a Remedy slip.  My CCM has not told us to do anything different.  Two weeks ago we had no work on a Saturday and I did it this way. ...

OOW Procedure?
Mar 31, 2015

I'm so confused. When OOW the most recent e-mail I had gotten said to clock out of production hours and back in under OOW for no more than 15 minutes as to not affect your line counts.... I am not seeing anywhere how to clock back in under OOW. I only see under tasks you can choose production, calls, etc. Can someone please explain how to do this so you aren't under production hours?? How do you all do it?? I have been OOW a few times and at 15 minutes each that would be 45 minutes and ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...