A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Orthopaedic/pain management exam word - sm

Posted: Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus....

He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.

Any help?  Thanks!

never mind, found it - duh

[ In Reply To ..]
Marie-Foix

Similar Messages:

Orthopaedic Word
Nov 03, 2010

Hello Ortho Experts! I'm typing for plastic surgeon who says:  "Pathology returns as s/l osteo-mi-cutis"? I've tried different spellings, no luck. Educate me, please. Thanks so much. ...

Orthopaedic Word Help
Mar 10, 2011

TEXT:  He has pain with cross-arm adduction as well as a __________ test. s/l Belvan retest? ...

Pain Management Anyone?
Jul 30, 2012

Dictated:  Lumbar transforaminal epidural injection.  Use "Magnahist."  He says it clearly enough.  On search, I get a few sites for "MagneHis" but not enough information to confirm. Any help appreciated, thank you. ...

Pain Management Drug Help Please
Nov 02, 2009

Dictated .... "I am going to try her on s/l Ambeta, Anbeta, which is a slow release morphine at 30 mg." TIA ...

Pain Management Meds
Apr 20, 2010

We will order the s/l P5C_____ which contains lidocaine 10%, ketamine 2%, s/l bif-o-caine_____2%, amitriptyline 5%, gabapentin 4%, ...

PAIN MANAGEMENT: SOAP R TEST??
Feb 25, 2010

Learning a new acct and not familiar with pain management.  S/L SOAP R TEST.  Appreciate help on this.  Thanks.   ...

Moderator, Where Did The Post Go Concerning The Job Ad For Pain Management MTs? (sm)
May 06, 2010

Just curious if you were able to confirm that it is a legitmate ad since the company's web site states different and the job ad remains on the board.  Thanks so much!!! ...

Pain Management Post On Job Board
May 06, 2010

just want to know what's up with that job post on the job board.  I've sent my resume twice and came back as undeliverable.  I got so excited because I have experience with PMs.  Now I'm disappointed.  Any thoughts?- tx, nw ...

Questions For Coders/billers RE Pain Management
Oct 28, 2010

Are there any billers/coders out there who specialize in pain magement, ie, facet injections/aspiration and lavage, etc, for outpatient pain management physicians? I have questions about documentation needed for injections and such with the 'add on codes', for example with the injections, there are codes for the first level then additional codes for second and subsequent levels. Is it necessary for every single charge to have a report on it? It's causing severe headaches for the ...

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes For Pain Management Effective July 1
Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more.. ...

Comments On Working For Adept Word Management?
Nov 04, 2012

Hi all, considering an IC position with Adept. I've done some non-medical transcription before: seminars, interviews, etc., so it's not totally foreign to me. A search here for the company only brings up old reviews. Any info? Thanks!! ...

Hip Exam, Not Sure If A Hip Word Or Not
Mar 12, 2012

This patient is here for hip pain and says "was diagnosed by her previous PCP with a case of the ___________ (s/l eggasis) and was not recommended any treatment"  Any ideas?  There is nothing else in the note that refers to this and I can not think of any hip disease that will fit this.  This woman also has back pain with radiculopathy, as well as the hip pain if that helps.  TIA for any help.  ...

Need Help With Word In Skin Exam ... Psm
Dec 28, 2011

Sentence:  At the base of the neck there is s/l bazillious or vazillious hyperpigmented skin.  I feel like I've heard this years ago but can't put my finger on the word or how to spell it.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Neuro Exam Word Help. Please SM
Apr 29, 2015

NEUROLOGIC:  The patient is alert.  She really is nonverbal.  She makes occasional vocalization.  She has a lot of  _______________ (s/l hand datontism).  She is intermittently holding up her left with her left finger, but is easily distracted from this activity. ...

Breast Exam Word Help Needed!
Nov 15, 2009

Major issues understanding this doctor. I am also a newbie at this. Can anyone enlighten me on the several flagged words in this paragraph? BREAST:  No axillary adenopathy. On the right, you can see a scar on the right “perawheeler” anterior to the nipple, going straight down on the “rheeler” border. On the left, there is a  2.2 x 2.2 cm erythematous tender local mass attached to the skin, and it is somewhat indurated. Looks to be some type of infected cyst ver ...

Word Help-type Of Eye Procedure/exam
Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it.  "She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy."  ...

Word (test) In Back Exam
Mar 15, 2013

Dictated:  Lumbar extension and lateral bending are noted to be good and painless.  Straight leg raising sign is positive on the left at 75 degrees.  __________ s/l la-sack test is also positive on the left.     Help and/or suggestions appreciated, thank you! ...

Orthopaedic Help Please
Jan 31, 2010

dictating a back surgery follow up.  Dr. says "he did have bilateral leg pain prior to his s/l xtop or x-stop" thank you! ...

Orthopaedic
Jun 12, 2012

s/l geophenoscopy?   TEXT: Examination of his left knee shows no knee joint effusion.  Good patellar tracking.  No localized tenderness to palpation.  No ligamentous instability.  Full extension and 30 degrees of flexion.  Firm end point with Lachman test.  He does have an approximately 4 x 3 cm mass at the medial aspect of the popliteal fossa.  There is no tenderness to palpation.  No redness or warmth.  __________ is positive consistent with ...

Orthopedic Or Orthopaedic?
Dec 01, 2009

I see it both ways and don't use it much myself but it always makes me wonder which is "proper" and why?  Or is it just a matter of preference? thank you. ...

2 Words-orthopaedic
Mar 29, 2012

I just started with an orthopaedic group. I am having a heck of a time finding this test. He says "Negative (open can). Negative drop-arm test." I know there is such a thing as Empty can test but it sounds nothing like "empty can". Sounds like "open can". Is there such a thing? Also, is it post injection, post-injection or postinjection. I see it written all 3 ways online from medical manuals, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Orthopaedic Transcription
Sep 13, 2014

How difficult would orthopaedic transcription be for someone who has never done it, but has been an MT for over 25 years? ...

Sounds Like Systol Boot (orthopaedic)
Feb 07, 2012

She utilized the Cam boot and discontinued it as she felt significantly improved.  She is weightbearing as tolerated.  She has occasional pain.  She is utilizing a __________ boot.   thank you! ...

Orthopaedic Humerus Fracture Brace Name
Apr 17, 2012

Right proximal humerus fracture   On evaluation, she does have a ____ brace that is positioned well with her arm in neutral alignment. She is complaining of it cutting into her wrist. of course he changes his mind in the middle of the word and the best I can do is say that is sounds like "a strike stone".  Any ideas???  I don't think it is Stryker unless it is Stryker zone or something like that.... Thank you!! ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Not Management
Mar 08, 2010

I am not management!  You just don't get it.  I hate to say it, but many of you are too miserable here to see the good... for whatever reasons.   I am an MT.  I'm tempted to put my real name and MQ e-mail, but what for.  I've said what I did because I am doing okay, because I have been through frightening changes before with MQ and it has always worked out.  It seems foolish to tell you my real name though, as you mostly are a bunch of whining loser ...