A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NUMBER 4 SIGNS? Orthopedic test for the back. Actual dictation below... - MTtoday

Posted: Dec 15, 2009

Equally performs NUMBER FOUR SIGNS with assistance of his upper extremities. 

Could this be putting the ankle in the back of the opposite knee to create a "4" sign?  Never heard of this...

Yes, possibly. I usually hear it as figure-4 test. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Thanks, Olive! - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

800 Number For Dictation
Jun 13, 2011

Does anyone use a good 800 service for multiple dictators (5-10)?  Wading through the info on the web is really confusing so I figured I would go with a referral. TIA.     ...

Orthopedic Test For Knee
May 14, 2011

This is a _____ for an orthopedic test for the knee that i cannot find anywhere.  All help would be appreciated.   Doc says, "Anterior/posterior drawer negative, McMurray negative, _____ negative."  It sounds like fes-a-leese or at least fes---- something.  HELP!!!!! ...

Orthopedic Test Question
Mar 06, 2014

Patient has right shoulder pain. PE section dictated as: "Neels and Jobs" tests are positive. ...

S/L Quotch's Click Test? Orthopedic...
Oct 08, 2011

Doing orthopedics, wrist exam, s/l "Quotch's click test." Searched my books and googled for soundalikes with click and with quick test.  TIA - Deb ...

How Long Does It Take Modal To Get Back To You If You Got A Ticket Number. I Had A Problem
Apr 19, 2013

and called last evening and still have not gotten called back. ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

MT Job Dictation Test
Nov 08, 2011

My apologies, it won't happen again. ...

Dictation Goes Back Too Far When I Let Off Pedal
Dec 07, 2011

When I let off the foot pedal and dictation starts back up then it goes too far back and I have to listen to a lot of dictation before getting to the part I originally stopped at.  How do I fix this.  Thank you! ...

Inscribe - How To Go Back And Listen To Old Dictation
Dec 18, 2014

Does anyone know how to go back and listen to old dictation on this platform?  I can listen to the ones I sent to QA, but don't see how to access other recordings that weren't sent to QA.  Had some errors according to FIESA and don't trust their word for it.  ...

Taking Test With No Way To Stop Dictation?
Dec 12, 2013

Just wondering if I am missing something.  I was sent a test by a company to transcribe.  The dictation I guess runs off flash player.  It just takes you to the site and there is only a button to start and stop the dictation.  These are 2 VERY long dictations.  How the heck am I suppose to be able to do that on a timed test when I cannot use a foot pedal.  Are there function keys I am not aware of?  Thanks. ...

Do I Take A Job With Transcend? Just Need To Complete The Dictation Portion Of The Test Sm
Nov 14, 2010

and they will offer me a job.  Is there work there?  I have no work with MQ and would like to find a different job.  Should I take it?  Just need more work and already working 2 jobs!  Thanks! ...

Test Results From E-MTS Are Back.
Mar 05, 2012

Well I feel like I have been hit with a sledge hammer.  Just got my results from transcription testing and they say I made too many errors.  Strange to hear that, because I honestly thought I did a great job.  Two OP reports and EEG.  Of course I know on EEG I did not hear half of what dictator was saying, so how could I do a good job.   You know the more I think about this, I am probably better off not to be hired by this company.  The OP report was a C-secti ...

Word (test) In Back Exam
Mar 15, 2013

Dictated:  Lumbar extension and lateral bending are noted to be good and painless.  Straight leg raising sign is positive on the left at 75 degrees.  __________ s/l la-sack test is also positive on the left.     Help and/or suggestions appreciated, thank you! ...

Anyone Test For Breitner And Hear Back?
Sep 12, 2014

I took the test almost 2 weeks ago but have not heard anything.  Anyone hear back?  Maybe I failed?!?! ...

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Pick A Report Number Any Number
Apr 29, 2015

doesn't matter to you, the MT will fix it. So what it takes MY time, so what it throws me off when I'm half way through the report and realize I may have it wrong and have to leave the screen, relisten to the beginning of the dictation, and change it..What do you care doc? you make a crap ton more money than I do, so obviously your time is more important.. ...

What Is Our Actual Line Rate?
Jan 17, 2013

Is it still the same? ...

Info From An Actual QC Person
Jun 20, 2013

I have seen a LOT of posts on here about QC and most of them are completely inaccurate.  Since we have joined with Nuance I think things have gotten very confusing and this is where some of misinformation is coming from.  Quality is now split in two, predelivery and post delivery.  Those of us in predelivery (QC1) are told NOT to "ding" the MLS for for any kind of punctuation unless for some rare reason it would impact patient care.  We are told to use a very light hand and m ...

Are There Any Companies With Actual Work?
Feb 17, 2015

I am tired of begging for work and then the higher ups send out messages about so many jobs on the system/out of TAT but yet I ask daily for work and there isn't any. Looking for some place that can actually keep me busy with work. ...

Actual Medical Question And Such
Mar 18, 2015

When do you capitalize gram in gram negative rods or Gram negative rods? Also, what is the keystrokes if you accidentally erase a word or sentence to put it back in, instead of going back and retyping? ...

A Question For The Actual Coders Here.
Jun 18, 2015

In your daily job, do you code from scratch or do you more or less verify codes that have already been put there?   With the course I'm taking I'm noticing most of the exams are more of a mutliple choice and less of coding it myself.  I'm wondering if that's how it works in the real world. ...

Book Of Style - What Is The Actual Title
Jun 08, 2011

What is the actual title of the Book of Style?  I see The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd Edition - Paperback (June 15, 2008) by Lea M. Sims and John H. Dirckx and I also see The AAMT Book of Style: A Searchable Medical Transcription Style Guide (2nd Edition) - CD-ROM (July 21, 2005) by American Association for Medical Transcription (AAMT). One is by AAMT and one is not - I am assuming the AAMT is the Book of Style everyone refers to?  I am buying this for someone and want to ...

Are Erythematic And Erythemic Actual Words?
Aug 27, 2011

I have had different docs use erythematic and erythemic. Are those actual words? I saw an old post where someone claimed it was in their dictionary, but did not cite the source. ...

Time Working Actual Question
Oct 04, 2013

My company requires a solid 8 hours a day 40 hours a week of system time of transcribing in order to not be fired. This is in an 8 hour day (100% of the time on the keyboard). Any tips on how to do this. My back hurts and I don't want to get fired or I will lose my home. Thanks in advance for suggestions.   ...

Does Anyone Know If U.S. Career Institute Is An Actual Acredited MT School?
Jan 04, 2012

I have completed a course in medical transcriptioning in a school thats called U.S. Career Institute and was woundering if I just got hoaxed or if it was a real school. If anybody knows I would appraciate it having difficulties finding a job. ...

OOOOH, An Actual Employee Handbook In The Next Few Weeks???
Dec 11, 2012

I have been here almost 2 years and have been asking for one the entire time.  Does it actually exist?? ...

Do You Have To Work So Many Hours At Phoenix MedCom Or Have An Actual Schedule
Mar 26, 2012

Do you have to work so many hours at Phoenix MedCom or have an actual schedule, or can you just get your lines in for a particular day/week without working set schedule?  ...

Looking For A Software Program To Monitor My Actual Time Working
Apr 23, 2014

I work for a company that does not monitor my "hands on the keys."  However, I am trying to determine what I am actually earning per hour when factoring in all of the patient demograhics, internet research, etc. that is not reflected in my line count.  Does anyone know of a reasonably priced or shareware program that would do this?  Thanks. ...

L Signs ??
May 06, 2011

Extraocular muscles intact.  (L signs) clear.  No wheezes  ...

Revandibrit Signs??
Oct 21, 2009

The patient has a UTI. "Abdomen is soft and non-tender. No revandabrit signs" revandibrit??? ...