A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need help with word in skin exam ... psm - Eva

Posted: Dec 28, 2011

Sentence:  At the base of the neck there is s/l bazillious or vazillious hyperpigmented skin. 

I feel like I've heard this years ago but can't put my finger on the word or how to spell it.  Thanks for any help. 

could be violaceous? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, it definitely has an ill-ious sound - Eva

[ In Reply To ..]
It's pretty iffy so I'm sending to QA. Thanks!

villous - dermatome

[ In Reply To ..]

vesiculous - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Skin Exam Shows S/l So Lar El /an Tij En Ees
May 24, 2010

Skin exam shows s/l so lar el/ an tij en ees ( 2 words, I believe) and pigmented nevi.  ...

Skin - Physical Exam
Aug 30, 2010

In the derm part of this physical exam, the patient has "s/l mediastatious changes in the lower legs."  This condition is not referred to anywhere else in the dictation.  The patient has diabetes, OA, fibromyalgia, and she is obese.   ...

Newborn Skin Exam S/l Erythemataxicom
Jun 25, 2010

On the skin exam for this newborn:  "Mild jaundice on face.  S/l erythemataxicom on face and chest."  I'm thinking this is probably "erythematous something" but I have no idea what the "something" could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Nitis? - Part Of The Skin Exam
Oct 15, 2010

Sounds like it should be simple, but I've never heard it and can't find it.  In the physical exam he says - Cellulitis of the lower extremities.  No obvious _____ (s/l nitis).   Has anyone ever heard of this, and if so, what is it.  I'm not finding it in any searches. ...

Please Help With Skin Exam For Physician With Extremely Thick Accent ...
Jan 10, 2011

The patient has a history of having skin cancers removed.  Physician dictates ... "Skin, multiple s/l something that ends with natosis and premalignant lesions, as well as scars from multiple surgeries from the skin cancers." TIA ...

Maybe A Muscle/skin Word
Dec 06, 2012

Abdominal exam reveals a lot of s/l scuria from pregnancy. It is definitely not hernia or scars - any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

Hip Exam, Not Sure If A Hip Word Or Not
Mar 12, 2012

This patient is here for hip pain and says "was diagnosed by her previous PCP with a case of the ___________ (s/l eggasis) and was not recommended any treatment"  Any ideas?  There is nothing else in the note that refers to this and I can not think of any hip disease that will fit this.  This woman also has back pain with radiculopathy, as well as the hip pain if that helps.  TIA for any help.  ...

Neuro Exam Word Help. Please SM
Apr 29, 2015

NEUROLOGIC:  The patient is alert.  She really is nonverbal.  She makes occasional vocalization.  She has a lot of  _______________ (s/l hand datontism).  She is intermittently holding up her left with her left finger, but is easily distracted from this activity. ...

Breast Exam Word Help Needed!
Nov 15, 2009

Major issues understanding this doctor. I am also a newbie at this. Can anyone enlighten me on the several flagged words in this paragraph? BREAST:  No axillary adenopathy. On the right, you can see a scar on the right “perawheeler” anterior to the nipple, going straight down on the “rheeler” border. On the left, there is a  2.2 x 2.2 cm erythematous tender local mass attached to the skin, and it is somewhat indurated. Looks to be some type of infected cyst ver ...

Word Help-type Of Eye Procedure/exam
Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it.  "She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy."  ...

Word (test) In Back Exam
Mar 15, 2013

Dictated:  Lumbar extension and lateral bending are noted to be good and painless.  Straight leg raising sign is positive on the left at 75 degrees.  __________ s/l la-sack test is also positive on the left.     Help and/or suggestions appreciated, thank you! ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Skin:
Aug 13, 2011

Under physical examination Skin:  Flushed, moist, s/l attached, clear, no rashes??? help please with the underlined.   also, under Neurology: Patient is l somewhat lethargic, but arousable and seems to be oriented most or s/l work? Please help with underlined. ...

Skin
Jun 19, 2014

Hear "Skin pink, warm and dry," often. Would this be correct in a black patient? ...

S/l Skin Turgerus?
Oct 31, 2009

x ...

Skin Problem - S/l Del I Ga
Apr 15, 2010

No skin problems other than the apparent s/l del I ga that she does have.  ...

Ellispe Of Skin?
Apr 18, 2010

The specimen consists of an [ellipse of skin?] with a stoma of bowel in the center. Is this right? Does it make sense? ...

Another Skin Question...
Aug 30, 2010

In the physical exam under derm, the patient has s/l "malaz" on the face.  Her only listed diagnosis is fibromyalgia and the rest of her physical exam is normal except she has a dry mouth and erythema around the nail beds.   ...

Skin Embola?
Mar 25, 2012

Dr. dictates:  "Breast exam shows right breast with a slightly mobile, but obvious, mass below the nipple area with retraction of the nipple inward, and appears to have S/L skin embola but no evidence of ulceration at present."  Please help!  ...

Skin Tag Grasper?
Jul 22, 2012

Does anyone know what this might be? It s/l ab-sins. Thanks in advance. "Attention was then turned to the left axilla which was prepped with Betadine. Each of the skin tags was grasped with an ___, excised using an 11 blade, and then the base was cauterized for hemostasis." ...

Skin Retractor?
Sep 07, 2012

Anyone know this type of skin retractor for excising a lipoma from chest wall?  It s/l sins or possibly a-sins. Thank you! The skin was retracted using ___ and then later with army-navy, and the lipoma was dissected free from the surrounding structures using blunt dissection and cautery.   ...

Skin Cancer Help, Please?
Apr 12, 2013

I need help, please, with a word?  Here it goes: The anterior segment is remarkable for papilloma of the right lower lid as well as a lesion just temporal to the right eye that appears to be an old skin cancer lesion or a (sounds like "mevel.")  Thank you so much! ...

Skin Lesions
Feb 09, 2014

Patient scraped her knuckles on a cheese grater.  Doctor dictates, "They have melayer ? and scab, but they do not really appear infected." ...

Skin Rash Cream
Dec 13, 2009

Major mind melt!  This is for a rash under a patient's breast and sounds like "empirazin" 2% cream as needed.  Help!  ...

Skin Ulcers, Wound VAC Or Is It V.A.C?
Feb 24, 2010

Vacuum-assisted closure.  I can't find abbreviation in references, and online it's both ways.  Wondering if anyone knows for sure if officially there are periods in it or not (when client preference not stated). ...

Sterile Drapes Placed Using Skin ??
May 13, 2010

This is a Sistrunk procedure: excision of thyroglossal duct cyst.  SOUNDS LIKE "skin righted" sterile drapes were placed using a ____    just below the hyoid bone, which worked out to be a nice location.  Incision was carried through the platysma and flaps elevated superiorly and inferiorly.    TIA ! ! ! ! ...

Full Skin Survey?????
Aug 12, 2010

I have a quick question. The doctor is dictating "full skin survey". How would this be transcribed? would it be full-skin survey or what? Thanks for the help. ...

S/L Cartilol Skin Involvement
Aug 12, 2010

She was considered for protocol therapy, but she had been progressing rapidly and most recently she developed S/L CARTILOL skin involvement while on salvage chemotherapy.  ...