A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Neuro exam word help. Please SM - Thank You Kindly!

Posted: Apr 29, 2015

NEUROLOGIC:  The patient is alert.  She really is nonverbal.  She makes occasional vocalization.  She has a lot of  _______________ (s/l hand datontism).  She is intermittently holding up her left with her left finger, but is easily distracted from this activity.

handed automatism? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That is it! She ran it all together. You Rock! - Thank You Kindly

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Neuro Exam Help And Thanks
Oct 30, 2009

Her deep tendon reflexes are (1-2)(+) in the brachial s/l "ray alis", biceps, Achilles, and patellar tendons, and symmetric.   thanks! ...

Neuro Exam Sm
Nov 07, 2009

Cranial nerves II-XII grossly intact except for left facial s/l nerve lesion on central pathology. Does this make sense? ...

Neuro Physical Exam - Thanks!
Jan 26, 2010

Disks sharp on funduscopy.  Cranial nerves 2-12 intact.  No signs of appendicular s/l "cori ditosis", dysmetria, ataxia.  Reflexes were 1/4 bilaterally with no asymmetries.    thanks.  ...

Neuro Exam: S/l Iperarays
Jan 26, 2011

I feel like I should know this but I don't.  During the neuro exam, doc says: "Patient's smile and s/l "eye-per-ar-rays" or "hyper-ar-rays" are symmetrical." Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. ...

Neuro Exam Or Extremities? Sm
Jun 22, 2015

When the doctor dictates about the gait and tandem gait, do you leave that under extremities if he dictates it there?  He usually says it at very end of physical exam, and I am unsure if he just forgot to dictate "NEUROLOGICAL" heading or what.  Sometimes he does dictate a NEUROLOGICAL heading and puts the gait there as well as other things, but then many times he dictates it at end of extremities and does not give separate heading.  What would be the appropriate thing to do in th ...

S/l 'case Preference' On Neuro Exam
Jan 08, 2010

It's a patient with with severe global aphasia. He dictates the following: Cranial nerves, of course she cannot cooperative to measure and test visual fields. She has some spontaneous extraocular motility, and overall, most important, I did not see any **s/l 'case preference' **  He goes on to say there is no nystagmus. She does have a right central facial palsy. ...

Neuro Exam- Babinski Or Brudzinski?
Mar 17, 2010

He says-   No s/l "vavinski" sign.  Does he mean Babinski or Brudzinski?? ...

S/l Fencer's Sign In Neuro Exam
May 22, 2010

Neuro exam/reflexes, dictator says "she almost has s/l fencers sign"   ...

Neuro Exam - Lassig? And Bow String?
Sep 30, 2011

In the neuro exam it sounds exactly like Lassig and neg bow string bilaterally.  I cannot find either. ...

Neuro Exam--brisk Tone?
Jul 23, 2012

Dictated on Neuro Exam:  "Although she had no clonus, her tone was extremely brisk."  I have typed Neuro for a long time and have never heard of brisk tone.  Thanks in advance! ...

Neuro Exam - Head-to-shin Movements?
Jun 30, 2010

She very clearly dictates:  He was also unable to perform finger-to-nose and had difficulty performing "head-to-shin" movements. That can't be right, can it?  I would think it would be difficult for most people to perform "head-to-shin" movements.  Ouch! ...

Neuro Word Help
Sep 18, 2010

His/he [apa?] strength his arms and legs. I have looked everywhere for a word that might fit this. I just cant hear this guy. All I get is apa... aca.. HELP! ...

Okay, Stupid Question Here ... Neural Deficit Or Neuro Deficit On Physical Exam
Jun 22, 2010

Thanks so much!! ...

Neuro Exam, Negative Pronator Drift, Negaive S/l "smitri" Test TIA
Mar 12, 2010

xxx ...

Ma ScoIn NEURO Exam: "Glasgow Core Eyes 4, Verbal 5, And Motor 6. "
Feb 01, 2011

:) ...

On Neuro Exam: Pretty Clearly Says "pal Pupil" Raise Is Symmetric. Tongue Protrusion Is
Apr 13, 2011

Shoulder shrug is symmetric.  Romberg is negative.  He has no dysmetria.  ...

Neuro Exam Extremities S/l "slashsisty"
Jan 13, 2011

Patient with cerebral palsy.  On the neuro exam, the ES doc (what else??) says:  "This patient has mild s/l "slashsisty" in both legs.  I was thinking of some kind of dystrophy, but I don't know what the "slash" part could possibly be. Any ideas? ...

Hip Exam, Not Sure If A Hip Word Or Not
Mar 12, 2012

This patient is here for hip pain and says "was diagnosed by her previous PCP with a case of the ___________ (s/l eggasis) and was not recommended any treatment"  Any ideas?  There is nothing else in the note that refers to this and I can not think of any hip disease that will fit this.  This woman also has back pain with radiculopathy, as well as the hip pain if that helps.  TIA for any help.  ...

Need Help With Word In Skin Exam ... Psm
Dec 28, 2011

Sentence:  At the base of the neck there is s/l bazillious or vazillious hyperpigmented skin.  I feel like I've heard this years ago but can't put my finger on the word or how to spell it.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Breast Exam Word Help Needed!
Nov 15, 2009

Major issues understanding this doctor. I am also a newbie at this. Can anyone enlighten me on the several flagged words in this paragraph? BREAST:  No axillary adenopathy. On the right, you can see a scar on the right “perawheeler” anterior to the nipple, going straight down on the “rheeler” border. On the left, there is a  2.2 x 2.2 cm erythematous tender local mass attached to the skin, and it is somewhat indurated. Looks to be some type of infected cyst ver ...

Word Help-type Of Eye Procedure/exam
Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it.  "She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy."  ...

Word (test) In Back Exam
Mar 15, 2013

Dictated:  Lumbar extension and lateral bending are noted to be good and painless.  Straight leg raising sign is positive on the left at 75 degrees.  __________ s/l la-sack test is also positive on the left.     Help and/or suggestions appreciated, thank you! ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

Neuro Help
Dec 11, 2009

doc says "Jergens syndrome" very clear .. can't verify anywhere! ...

Neuro Report
Dec 07, 2009

A patient with mental status changes.  "At once patient also complained of a s/l UNIVERSAL headache..."   Is there such thing as a UNIVERSAL headache? ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

Neuro ... Plexic?
Mar 10, 2010

Trouble with a word: Doctor indicated EMG nerve conduction showed neuro(plexic, plastic??) injuries to the peroneal nerve and posterior tibial.   Thanks ...

Neuro Consult
Nov 12, 2010

Patient presented after passing out while driving.  She has history of tachyarrhythmia and palpitations, well controlled on metoprolol.  She has an abnormal NMR that could represent s/l 'DEE-AH-SONOMIA".     I've googled d, b, v, thee....  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Neuro Drug
May 10, 2011

I thought I knew all the neuro drugs for sure, but this s/l "banzil" (with an Irish accent). and I can't find a reference.  Please help! ...

Neuro Testing
Jun 21, 2013

He could not perform frontal lobe testing to include cause, response, inhibition s/l ana sacad or Luria.   ...