A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

word expanders - how to make the expansions type - AME

Posted: Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks.

try F4. - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you accidentally disabled it.

word expanders - amd

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you so much

Similar Messages:

How Do You Make Expansions
Jun 30, 2010

How do you make expansions.  I know F4 is to turn it off and on but how do you make new ones,  I am having stress which makes my brain malfunction. ...

Who Has The Best Word Expanders?
Oct 04, 2012

Who has the best expanders and compatible with most transcription programs including Meditech, etc?  Shortcut, Shorthand, or InstantText Pro 7?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Word Expanders
Sep 26, 2014

I am looking into getting a word expander that will work on any program on the computer that I use for work, such as specialized company sites, etc.  Is there one?  I use auto correct in Word presently.  Feel free to let me know of any, how you like it, the cost, etc.  Thanks!!! ...

Word Expanders What You Use?
Oct 08, 2014

I am just starting out and curious what you guys use for word expanders. I have looked at a few by searching phrases like word expander and text expander in Google. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.   Thanks, ...

Word Expanders Question - Sm
Feb 23, 2010

I'm using Express Editor and I don't like the ESP that comes with it as it limits what you can do, and my expander in Microsoft Word will not work with this program. Anyone using the same platform have any good programs that will work? TIA. ...

Transcend Word Expanders
May 26, 2011

Do they provide a word expander for you or are you required to purchase your own?  Some companies act like it is a luxury item rather than a necessity anymore. TIA ...

Word Expanders On Disc?
Dec 04, 2012

Is it possible to get a word expander (Shorthand, etc) on disc instead of just download?  I don't have much faith in the security of downloading what is basically already a key-logger from a website that seems a little shady.  Thanks! ...

Please Help! Trying To Put Macros/expanders In Word 2003
Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!! ...

Cannot Use Word Expanders In Red Line Headings.
Oct 18, 2010

So clearly..this is now part of ADT info and we are no longer paid for those keystrokes. plus..I guess I will throw in my 2 cents re: physician look-up.  I cannot believe they did this.  And who ever does not notice the change or recognize the detriment in providing good info in the report, clearly did not use the previous physician look-up to its advantage.  How in the world not having the entire name populate or as you type in the name, have the docs pop up is beyond me.&n ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Getting Medical Transcription Word Expanders
Nov 21, 2011

I am finally getting smart (after 26 years!!!) and looking into getting transcription expanders (but don't have much money) and have no idea what is best all the way around (user friendly, cost, easy to learn as you go, etc.).  Any ideas?  Thanks :) ...

Word Expanders, Pros And Cons
Feb 27, 2013

I am getting a new computer with Windows 7 and would like to know what word expander programs a person would find simple, minimal learning curve, pros and cons and what is out there. I have always used autocorrect, but feel with a MT expander would increase my production better.  Any advice, what to stay away from and what do you like about it or not? ...

Word Expanders - Instant Text, Or ShorCut By Sylvan Is The Best?
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas on whether Instant Text, or ShorCut by Sylvan is the best? ...

Word Help Please And Does All Make Sense
Oct 30, 2009

MRI scan results show findings consistent with an anterior dislocation with a probable small *S/L heal saxilation* in the posterior humeral head.  There is a small anterior-inferior glenoid labrum tear as well.  There also is the elongated piece of the posterior-superior labrum 5mm to 4 mm in diameter, which probably is an old detatched posterior labrum. TIA ...

How To Make A Small Keystroke Macro In MS Word
Aug 13, 2014

MS Word 2007,  I have the autocorrect lightning icon at the top.   Instead of mousing up there and clicking each time,  I would like to use a prior keystroke combination I had years ago at hospitals of  "ctrl, ctrl" and autocorrect starts.   Is it just a simple macro to create to do this,  or something more complicated?    I'm re-creating an autocorrect list from scratch after a complete reinstall, so I'd like to save my hands, time, ...

Microsoft Word Where It Doesn't Automatically Make The Numbers Indent
Jan 05, 2011

I'm trying to help someone with her Word problems.  How do you get it to where it doesn't automatically make the numbers indent when you're numbering something?  I've tried the Bullets and Numbering and the Styles and Formatting, and she says neither changes it.  TIA ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

Any Companies Where You Just Type Into Word?
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any companies left where you just type the reports into word? Or close to it? I'm looking for a part-time IC position like this, without the headaches of learning oodles and oodles of Account Specifics, adding attendings, intricate software, etc. Please name some companies like this for me. ...

Word Help: Type Of Swelling
Aug 05, 2010

Dermatologist says patient has "folliculitis type dermatitis.  He gets it on the hands, abdomen, even face hairs, and now he has one at left infraorbital area", then s/l  ferathemous or therathemus "swelling or pain".... I've been searching but haven't found the right word yet...anyone know what this is or can point me to a good place to look further? thanks, Cindy ...

Word Help-type Of Eye Procedure/exam
Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it.  "She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy."  ...

Word Help - EGFR ____ Wild Type
May 23, 2013

This is a rad/onc report. Here is the sentence: "...woman with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer with neuroendocrine features, EGFR _________ wild type." The blank s/l either "and AOK" or "NAOK" Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance :) ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

Expansions Gone
Jan 05, 2010

Just back to work today after a couple of days off and found out we enter a new location to access work.  The problem is my expansions are not there anymore.  Anyone have any idea how to move the expansions when logging into a new area?  Thanks for any help.     ...

EXPANSIONS
Feb 19, 2015

Help!!! My expansions are not working.....Tried F2....please help as I don't want to call IT....Thanks. ...

Transfer Fo Expansions
Jan 03, 2010

Is there anywhere to get the instructions on transferring expansions?  I am in SA4, instructions did not transfer.....support is too busy, was told they will call me......yeah.....like whenever they get around to it......afterr all the other calls regarding the same problem.  I am trying to work without expansions and adding them as I go along!!!  Any help out there?  Would be appreciated!!!! ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

Expansions In Headings.
Sep 06, 2010

Has anyone else noticed that expansions do not work within headings??? ...

How Do I Edit My Expansions
Feb 25, 2011

How do I edit/work on adding expansions when I get NJA  and can't get in to type? ...

Expansions In DocQscribe
Apr 13, 2011

I accidentally turned off expansions in DocQscribe and don't know how I did it.  Can anyone tell me how to turn them back on.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know How To Copy Expansions?
Apr 18, 2011

Would like to copy my expansions, if anyone knows how.  Thanks! ...