A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What do you type if "showed" or "is" or "revealed" is left out? - Please Help!

Posted: Nov 30, 2010

I am seeing this a lot lately. I am on a verbatim acct, and the doctor will often state lab results or diagnostic test results in a paragraph like this:  "urinalysis WBCs present, nitrites.... etc." I can't really add a colon because it is in a paragraph and I can't make it into a heading. What should I type or what symbol should I use if I can't add any words to the sentence? TIA, this one has been stumping me lately.

like this... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hard to tell if urinalysis is the beginning of the sentence, but it's perfectly okay to use a colon inside a paragraph.

Urinalysis: WBCs present, nitrites ___. Lab data: BUN 14, creatinine 20; INR 2.5. EKG: normal sinus rhythm.

Or does this work better for you:

The patient had urinalysis (WBCs present, nitrites, etc...)

help - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
I also use colons. Urinalysis: WBCs blah, blah.

Similar Messages:

Brain MRI Showed Acute Infarct In Left S/l Sub Enjalur
Dec 23, 2009

MRI of the brain showed acute infarct in the left "sub injalur", basal ganglion, left frontal, and frontoparietal areas. ...

72 Hour EEG Showed Paroxysmal Sharply *concord Thader* In The Left Temporal Area? Thanks. Nm
Aug 06, 2010

nm ...

CAT Scan Showed *verner* Stroke And A Superior Cerebellar Stroke On The Left Side. Thanks. Nm
Sep 21, 2010

nm ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Blood Work Revealed DON 27?
Jan 13, 2010

No idea.  Next is something 1.9, hemoglobin 11.8.  Any help would be great. ...

CT Abdomen - Left Hepatic Lobe Which Shows Peripheral S/l "pelling" Type Enhancement
Feb 10, 2010

There is a 3 cm enhancing nodule within the left hepatic lobe which shows peripheral s/l "pelling" type enhancement on early phase imaging and delayed fill in with similar attenuation as hepatic veins consistent with hemangioma. Thanks for the help! ...

Arthroscopy Revealed Hypertrophic S/l Villous Synovitis
Jun 14, 2011

x ...

How Do You Type "right Left Alignment"?
Mar 15, 2012

"right left"?  "right-left"?  "right/left"?   TIA   ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Chest X-ray Showed
Mar 21, 2011

Chest x-ray showed cardiomegaly with s/l perihaligus" disease and possible pulmonary edema.... help, stuck... ...

Initial Cell Count Revealed 33,280 S/l "nucleated" Cells
Jan 12, 2011

Leukocyte dehydrogenase was greater than 4200 and the initial cell count revealed 33,280 s/l "nucleated" cells with 80% s/l "grans" and 15% monos. ...

Gastrografin Showed There Is No (s/l String)... - Nm
May 08, 2013

NM ...

Is This Right - Heart Revealed Normal "buccal" Activity
Oct 30, 2009

thanks much! ...

Pelvic Exam Revealed The S/l "tuft" To Be Healed --OB/GYN, Nm
Feb 11, 2015

. ...

EKG Showed VT Wave Inversions Anteriorly
Feb 19, 2014

EKG showed VT wave inversions anteriorly. Is VT wave correct? ...

Pathology Revealed "pink Red 10" Tissues.
Apr 24, 2012

Thoracic laminectomy with a resection of intradural and intramedullary spinal cord.  Pathology revealed multiple "pink red ten" tissues that were submitted in a piecemeal fashion and consistent with anaplastic ependymoma grade III. ...

Laboratory Work Showed An EKG With Sinus Tachycardia
Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right?  ...

Cardiology Workup S/l Showed No Previous Apices
Aug 08, 2010

s/l showed no previous apices.  ...

Catheterization Showed PVR Was 353 S/l Dines Per Cm To The Power Of -5 Per Seconds. Nm
Jul 18, 2014

X ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

A Repeat Transrectal Biopsy Of The Prostate Revealed Atypical S/l "repair" Or "rapara
Jan 24, 2011

A repeat transrectal biopsy of the prostate was performed revealing atypical s/l "repair" or "rapara" consistent with radiotherapy in all the obtained core specimens.  ...

DaTscan Showed Asymmetric S/l Radiotration Noted In The Basal Ganglia - Sm
Jan 29, 2015

He says this is consistent with Parkinson's.   ...

The Patient Had An Ultrasound Of The Scrotum Which Showed Diffuse Mental Health Rigidity
Jul 02, 2010

Hahahaha. ...

White Blood Cell Scan And Sulfur Colloid Exam Both Showed - Sm
Mar 30, 2010

no s/l sin-do-graph-ic evidence for any acute infectious process.   ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis - The Doctor Dictates: Lumbar Puncture Was Performed And The CSF Showed
Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean?  ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

Wedge Resection Showed Aggregates Of "resturmberg" Cells. Sm
Oct 05, 2010

The wedge resection biopsy of the left lingula mass demonstrated Hodgkin’s lymphoma with a nodular sclerosing type demonstrating areas of the thoracoscopy specimen demonstrated aggregates of "resturmberg" cells within the inflammatory myeloid with intertwining in sclerosing fibrosis. ...

Breast Biopsy Showed Invasive "die A Hesive" Carcinoma.
Aug 07, 2013

Biopsy of this right breast mass showed invasive "diahesive" carcinoma, ER positive, PR positive, and HER-2/neu negative (1+).   Doc says twice in document and sounds like Die a hesive both times. ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

CT Showed "antral? Increase In Common" And Intrahepatic Bile Duct Caliper
Oct 13, 2009

Does this sound right? Thanks, Abby ...