A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

is this right - heart revealed normal "buccal" activity - mt here

Posted: Oct 30, 2009

thanks much!

maybe that should be "focal" - mt here

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I don't think focal is it, either... : ) - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never heard of "normal activity" when referring to heart function; in particular, "normal focal activity" does not seem apt, as there is nothing focal about the heart's activity.

"Focal" usual refers to discrete findings, whereas descriptions of cardiac function generally describe the heart function as a whole.

The typical cardiac terms are things like heart function, wall motion, contractility, global and segmental wall motion abnormalities.

No, that refers to the mucosa in the mouth - Questions

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the sentence?

Could it be "normal contractility" ? - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

your are correct...nm - radmt

[ In Reply To ..]

are you for buccal or contractile? :) - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

oops sorry I didn't clarify....I'm for buccal....nm - radmt

[ In Reply To ..]
??? Buccal refers to the oral cavity, not the heart. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'm afraid buccal doesn't make sense to me, either... : ) - elaine
[ In Reply To ..]

There are buccal neurons that help with heart activity.....nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am always open to new info, and that would be news to me! ...sm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
The only reference I can find on buccal neurons and heart activity pertains to the terrestrial slug.
(No kidding.)

It won't hurt my feelings if you prove me wrong, though! :)

Similar Messages:

Normal Heart Exam. Sm
Jan 19, 2011

Doc wtih a heavy accent dictating: Heart:  Regular in rhythm, normal S1 and S2, no gallop, no s/l "exosystolies".    ...

How Would I Write This: Heart Sounds Are Normal S1, S2 With A (2 To1 PVC Pattern) Noted On EKG?
Jan 29, 2010

Thanks Guys!!! ...

X-ray Shows Heart "AND LEEP STENT" To Be Normal?? More...r/o, Plz
Jun 04, 2011

"Chest x-ray is examined in anterior and lateral projections. Shows heart and LEEP STENT to be normal." Or "in the extent" to be normal. Or "hardened leep stent" to be normal.   These are all the different things I hear...not sure what she is saying!!! Help, plz. ...

On Heart Exam: Normal S1 "barron" S2.
Jun 16, 2010

:) ...

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

Blood Work Revealed DON 27?
Jan 13, 2010

No idea.  Next is something 1.9, hemoglobin 11.8.  Any help would be great. ...

Arthroscopy Revealed Hypertrophic S/l Villous Synovitis
Jun 14, 2011

x ...

S/l Hexocividity Activity
Mar 01, 2011

baby being seen in genetics for s/l abnormal hexocividity activity.   TIA ...

Anyone Getting Activity Reports? Sm
Apr 28, 2015

If not, they are reports that show your active time in Fluency vs. your Teamwork time.  Just curious if all the pods were doing them now or just some pods. ...

No MQ Central Activity For Days
Nov 29, 2010

Okay, it has been days since I have received anything from CCM or Quality Coach.  Not even a "have a Happy Thanksgiving, blah, blah, blah".  Anyone else wondering the same thing or is it just in my service area (West)? ...

Anyone Else Get A Revised Activity Report?
May 10, 2012

Splenic Activity On A Cardiolite Test?
Oct 14, 2009

have an ESL, and im not sure if saying 'splenic' activity or maybe 'planic' activity?  never heard of splenic before in a cardiac study but just not sure.  tks for the help! Only resting scan was done; the patient refused to have stress images done. The resting scan shows an inferoapical defect on vertical and long axis view. There is some increased ________________ activity. Part of this could be contributory from that, however, since there are no stress im ...

EEG Report S/l CD Opens With Background Activity
Nov 16, 2009

The s/l CD opens with background activity in the range about five cycles per second. ...

Business Activity Code For Taxes?
Feb 07, 2012

Help please.   What business activity *type *code do you use if you are an IC? ...

I Guess All The Activity & Arguing Was From The MM Coders Because It's Dead Around
Apr 09, 2014

x ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

Initial Cell Count Revealed 33,280 S/l "nucleated" Cells
Jan 12, 2011

Leukocyte dehydrogenase was greater than 4200 and the initial cell count revealed 33,280 s/l "nucleated" cells with 80% s/l "grans" and 15% monos. ...

Pelvic Exam Revealed The S/l "tuft" To Be Healed --OB/GYN, Nm
Feb 11, 2015

. ...

Pathology Revealed "pink Red 10" Tissues.
Apr 24, 2012

Thoracic laminectomy with a resection of intradural and intramedullary spinal cord.  Pathology revealed multiple "pink red ten" tissues that were submitted in a piecemeal fashion and consistent with anaplastic ependymoma grade III. ...

A Repeat Transrectal Biopsy Of The Prostate Revealed Atypical S/l "repair" Or "rapara
Jan 24, 2011

A repeat transrectal biopsy of the prostate was performed revealing atypical s/l "repair" or "rapara" consistent with radiotherapy in all the obtained core specimens.  ...

Increased S/l "fresic" Activity During The REM Period
Oct 22, 2010

Doc has Indian accent, dictating PSG report:  There was increased s/l "fresic" activity during the REM period that may suggest an added REM behavioral disorder.  Any help is appreciated! ...

Activity Is So Slow On The "Word Help" Board -
Nov 19, 2011

Heart
May 30, 2010

Please help with following. It sounds like sections of the heart "kilae" is marked hypertrophy. Also, myocardial fibers show only a thin shell with a "Day O" vacuolated cytoplasm.   ...

Heart Exam...
Nov 03, 2009

"Cardiovascular exam was tachycardiac. No s/l meals or an ST. No murmurs or gallops were appreciated." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Heart Examination
Mar 15, 2010

Heart exam, doctor dictates: "Heart: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex"  I don't understand the connection between "2" and "clicks" or what punctuation to use?? I'm new to this so any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!   ...

Heart Clicks? Again...
Mar 16, 2010

Posted this yesterday, but wanted to see if anyone else might know... HEART: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex. (or 2: Clicks heard at the apex?) He says "2" like number 2, as if he dictated number 1- which he obviously didn't. Is there such a thing as 2 clicks heard at the apex??       ...

Heart: AP S1, S2 Somewhat Irregular?
Jun 05, 2010

I think she is saying "Heart AP" but I can not figure out what is meant by AP? Any suggestions, I am at a loss. =( ...

Heart Rate - WOW
Jun 22, 2010

Here's a good one.  This doc says the nurses in the ER noticed that patient may have had a heart rate of "800."  Impossible.  I thought possibly he could be saying "a hundred", but I slowed down the dictation and 800 is what he is saying.  This is an ESL doc who talks very fast.  This is not the first time he has said something incorrect.  ...