A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia - SK

Posted: Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right? 

labs - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I would put a PERIOD after tachycardia.

Labs - SK

[ In Reply To ..]
Like this?

Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia. 15.7 white count and hemoglobin 17.8.

see message for 2nd opinion - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia. White count 15.7, hemoglobin 17.8.

Don't start a sentence with a numeral.  I would leave out the "and" between the two blood numbers.

Labs - SK
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I was thinking. Thank you both for your suggestions. You've been very helpful.

Labs - SK

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anybody else have any suggestions on how to punctuate this sentence? Thanks.

Similar Messages:

Sic Sinus Or Sick Sinus Syndrome?
Nov 21, 2009

is it sic or sick sinus syndrome? HELP ...

Tachycardia Vs Tachycardiac
Nov 12, 2013

Greetings MTs! I do QA for two hospitals and ran across the word 'tachycardiac'. At first I thought it was a typo, but later it turns out it was not. Is this an older form of the word tachycardic? Even when googling tachycardiac, the results show tachycardia or tachycardic. I did find an entry from englishforums.com that explained tachycardiac as an adjective only and tachycardic as both adjective and noun (?!). Please advise! Many thanks in advance. ...

Medication S/l Entol - Pt With Tachycardia
Jan 25, 2010

Could be Intol, Entol, Emtol,   thank you ...

Cardiology Term S/l Badker Tachycardia
Aug 21, 2012

"Patient has a history of s/l Badker tachycardia." Anyone know what the "Badker" could be?   ...

Cardiac Consultation 2/l Multiple S/l Colachional Tachycardia
Mar 25, 2011

Doc is describing telemery strip and says "tachycardia which appears to be multiple calachional tachycardia.  Any ideas?  thanks.   ...

The Patient Does Not Have (sl) *centra* Or *central* *ventricular Paroxysmal Tachycardia* NM
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Laboratory
Dec 08, 2009

I just need to know how to transcribe RBC 0 to 1 and WBC 0 to 1 unless this is right? Thank you for the help. ...

Laboratory Help
Mar 12, 2010

Need help please. Sentence reads:  WBC count of 10.4 with increase in polymorphonuclear cells of 78.2 and polys (sounds like ADSA) of 8.1? Have a good day everyone!     ...

Laboratory Value That S/l Pro-TNA Or Pro T&A
Oct 02, 2013

Her ANA was 1:80, ANCA negative, ASO titer normal, ESR 46.  Limited ultrasound 08/06/2013 showed no hydronephrosis, s/l proT&A 3+ n.p.o. with negative.   ...

Laboratory Web Sites
Oct 12, 2009

Can someone help me with puting laboratory values in the right order? Or maybe a web site that is helpful. Thank you ...

Laboratory Findings
Jan 17, 2010

Laboratories on admission include sodium 127, potassium 6.0, chloride 98, bicarbonate 19, calcium 7.9, phosphorus 6.8, glucose 54, BUN 39, uric acid 3.1, creatinine 1.8, alkaline phosphatase 315, total protein 6.9, albumin 2.5, total bilirubin 1.6, direct bilirubin 0.7, LDH 630, ALT 47, AST 122, protime 34%, hemoglobin 13.6, hematocrit 39.9, white blood cells 4,300 with 26% polys, 56% bands, 14% lymphocytes, 1% monocytes and "2% els".  Is this how it is written? ...

Laboratory Finding
Oct 21, 2012

Doctor is dictating "Assessment and Plan" findings. She is dictating about Restless Legs.  She dictates "Looking at his last labs, his  (sounds like Endo sees) were low. " Not sure what "Endosees" or "Indosees" or it even could be "NDCs are low." I am not sure what she is dictating. I cannot locate anything close to that. Wondering if it has anything to do the patient's iron level.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

New ISR Laboratory Values
Jan 29, 2013

"urine was clear with a small amount of bilirubin, Cheetos +15." Wow, I didn't know Cheetos could show up in your urine...  My, my.       ...

Laboratory Test??
Apr 11, 2013

The doctor is saying "we will also check s/l  gassin C as well as an antithrombin III...."  I first thought gastrin, but there is no gastrin C and it is not related to a hematologic disorder.  Any thoughts appreciated!!!  Thanks ...

Laboratory Work
Jan 26, 2015

I am doing someone with a very heavy accent.  In the laboratory section it s/l "antiphosphadidol serin" IgG and "antiphosphadidol serin" IgM. I was thinking antiphospholipid, but it does not sound like that.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.   ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

Pathology And Laboratory Transcription
Dec 24, 2010

I just found a local hospital advertising for a path and lab transcription job and am considering applying, but I've never done that type of transcription.  I've done numerous others, radiology, hospital, surgical, clinic, etc., but it has been a few years as lately I have been doing clinic work only.  Is pathology/laboratory transcription difficult?  I realize it's a matter of opinion and just like all other transcription would take time to adjust.  I'm g ...

Laboratory Test - UDET?
Mar 15, 2012

It sound like UDET - sentence reads: ____ was positive for blood and leukocyte esterase. ...

ENT- Sinus H&P HELP!
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone know what is being said in the bolded area below? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Paranasal sinus screen was performed and she has a right maxillary retention cyst with a left maxillary air-fluid level. There is a significant right NSD related to a left contubalosa. The remainder of the sinus are unremarkable. ...

Laboratory Data: S/l S2P3 And S2O3
Oct 22, 2010

My brain is fried. This is in Laboratory data of a Discharge Summary, doctor is speaking VERY quickly. s/l: S2P3 and S2O3 or maybe SUPD and SUOD. Sentence: CPK 69, LDS 426, S2P3 38, S2O3 44, serum amylase 30.... Help! =( ...

Chem-Stat (sp) Laboratory Test
Sep 24, 2014

Chemstat, CBC with differential, urinaylysis , and troponin levels also. ...

Suprasagittal Sinus?
May 26, 2010

Doing an MRI of the brain. Doc is clearly saying supra-sagittal sinus, but I cannot confirm this in my books or online.  ...

S/l Sinus Tosi. Sm
Mar 19, 2012

There are well-healed surgical incisions about the right foot and an obvious muscular graft over the s/l âsinus tosiâ. tia! ...

Laboratory Tech Vs Coder/biller Health Info
Dec 31, 2009

I feel MT is dying a slow death.  I want to be prepared.  Lab technicians work in an independent setting and get to analyze, dissect, research (love it!) and there are many employment opportunities, but the math scares me.  Medical billing/coding and health information data entry would be logical after MT'ing for 15 years, but i'm worried about the outsourcing and the prospect doesn't excite me as much as the lab tech.  I'm afraid i'd be stuck in ...

Neomed Sinus Rinse?
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Neomed or Neomet Sinus Rinse?  I can find NeilMed Sinus Rinse but that is not what I am hearing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

S/l Senechiae Formation In The Sinus?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
Apr 15, 2012

Hoping for a confirmation on the phrase sinus tarsi syndrome. I've used Google, searching in many different ways but still getting "sinus tarsi," but VR keeps spitting out "sinus Tarsi syndrome." I really feel that's not right, but I am always questioning it, always going back to researching it, and still getting results with the tarsi lowercased. Is it supposed to be capitalized? ...

Sinus Headache And Pressure
Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift? ...

Chest X-ray Showed
Mar 21, 2011

Chest x-ray showed cardiomegaly with s/l perihaligus" disease and possible pulmonary edema.... help, stuck... ...

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, S/l Strumpelvoss
Nov 09, 2009

Here is the sentence: "Backbiters, sidebiters, ___s/l Strumpelvoss___ and Blakesley were used to fashion an antrostomy. ...