A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Was/were in regard to liquid measurements - B

Posted: Apr 21, 2011

So I'm not completely clear on this.  I know liquid measurements are grammatically to be treated singly--"20 mL of normal saline was given."  My question is whether this applies when it's not necessarily a liquid measurement but is currently applied to a liquid.  The sentence is "Then, 4000 units of heparin [was/were] given."  I want to pick 'were', mainly because 'was' sounds wrong and 'units' are not a solely liquid measurement like mL.  Am I wrong?

Go with spellcheck unit(s) is plural n/m - ohiocarole

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Boost Liquid Nutrition
Feb 02, 2010

Boost liquid s/l impreme was provided. ...

Liquid Nitrogen Gun With S/l C-aperture? Sm
May 13, 2011

Thanks for any help! ...

G.I. With Regard To PEG Tube
Jul 28, 2011

Doc is talking about removing a PEG tube and says the patient has a s/l "Fisilus bag" connection to the stomach from the anterior ventral epigastric abdominal wall.  Thanks. ...

How Do You Expand PPD In Regard To TB...its Given In The Diagnosis. Nm.
Dec 13, 2009

xx ...

In Regard To Training Indians To Take Our Jobs: Here's One: (sm)
Dec 10, 2014

Throat:  The patient is a horse.  It's NOT the VR. ...

Is It GCFC 1 With Regard To Mobility Level In Disability?
Jul 24, 2014

nm ...

Measurements
Jul 22, 2010

Should tablespoon be spelled out in a letter or abbreviated tbsp?  "Take 1 tablespoon/tbsp of potassium daily." TIA. ...

Cc Or ML When Used For Nonliquid Measurements?
Apr 21, 2010

Hi all,   Out of curiousity, we have some radiology doctors here who use the abbreviation 'cc' when referring to measurements that are non-liquid.  We usually change cc to mL but in that case it does not seem appropriate.  Has anyone else come across this and is this the proper abbreviation to use, or is there another one we should know about, or are the doctors using the incorrect terms?  Thanks for any input anyone out there can give me! Maggie ...

Xylocaine Measurements
Jan 11, 2011

plastic surgeon dictating for breast aug. Which measurement is more, Xylocaine 0.5% with 1:400,000 epinephrine or Xylocaine 1% with 1:200,000 ?  I ask here only because he's not in today. any help with explaining it would be fantastic. tia ...

Pathology Measurements
Mar 08, 2012

I was training in pathology.  I was told if they say two centimeters to type 2.0 cm, but if they say two millimeters, type it 2 mm and not use a .0 for mm.  Anyone else heard of this?? ...

Echo Measurements
Mar 02, 2013

Could anyone who works for MModal tell me if in the echo reports there are headings for measurements such as sinus of Valsalva or aortic annulus? ...

Measurements On The Echo And Says What Only S/l Fraction 27%
Jun 16, 2010

He is giving the list of measurements on the echo and says what only s/l fraction 27%.  It is not ejection fraction because he lists that later as 40%. ...

Typing Measurements Correctly
Oct 01, 2010

If the doc does not dictate .0 after measurements, is it correc to type it anyway?  i.e. 11.0 x 12.0 x 1.2 cm    or 11 x 12 x 1.2 cm? ...

M-mode Measurements Term S/l TAP-C
Oct 30, 2012

i'm typing an echo report, and a new term he said under M-mode measurements.  Has anyone of you encountered a term s/l TAP-C under M-mode?  TIA ...

Trailing 0's, Is This Just In Meds Or Does It Include Measurements, Like 8.0 Mm? Thx
Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm? ...

Word Help With "Bydalen Liquid" PEG Tube
Jan 31, 2010

s/l By-daa-len liquid 5 mL for PEG.  Any help appreciated. ...