A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"K bath" - ?slang, legit-sm - je suis MT

Posted: Mar 24, 2010

Context:  renal patient with hypokalemia. 

"I will give a single dose of potassium and adjust his K bath". 

K+ Care is a potassium supplement NM - dunno

[ In Reply To ..]

Maybe K-Tab ?? nm - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
`

K bath sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]

What is Hemodialysis?The other will be filled with a solution of certain minerals and water (the dialysate bath). ... we adjust the concentration of sodium, potassium, chloride, ...
msl1.mit.edu/ESD10/kidneys/HndbkHTML/ch2.htm - Cached - Similar
Renal Society of Australasia National Conference 2009 - Reducing ...Objective: The standard potassium(K) bath used at many haemodialysis units is K2 (no K added to dialysate). If a patient's serum K is too low, potassium is ...
www.rsa2009.com/abstract/103.asp - Cached

K bath is term used for dialysis. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Many thanks to all for help with this:)-nm - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Dialysis Bath Help
Nov 24, 2010

I have an ESL doctor who's dictating dialysis bath solutions.  (I've never done these before).  He says 2 K, which I found no problem, but when I sent it to QA for some other blanks, it was corrected to 2 potassium.  Account info says to use abbreviations when dictated, even in the diagnosis/impression/assessment portions.  Is K the preferred transcription, or should I expand it?  Our QA is known to change correct transcription to incorrect.  Don't ...

Bird Bath?
Jun 17, 2015

s/l birth bath wile legs drains are still in place ??? thanks. ...

Cytostat, Sitostat Bath?
Jan 26, 2011

Cytobath?  Sitobath? ...

Elevated Bath Rest
Oct 18, 2011

"...Coumadin, Percocet, Lovenox, and *s/l elevated bath rest*, as well as a scopolamine patch to apply prior to surgery."   This is for preop total hip arthroplasty. Thank you for the help! ...

TSM Blood Bath...wish They Would Have Fired Me
Oct 22, 2014

She was great to us.  I can retire; she cannot.  Wonder what this company will do next to drag itself into the ground.  Out of loyalty to her, I was not quitting; now all bets are off.  Give me one reason...and Social Security here I come! ...

Is This Slang?
Oct 12, 2010

she sometimes "gets off on a tangent" and stutters Would you change it or leave it? thanks! ...

Slang
Jul 04, 2013

When "migs per kig" is dictated does it mean mcg/kg or mg/kg. ...

Tracheostomy Slang
Dec 06, 2010

When a doctor dictates for a tracheostomy and says "trach", is it trach or trache?  Also, is it okay to type trach or trache, or should you put tracheostomy? Thanks. ...

Okay, I Have An OTI Complaint, And I Do Think It's Legit!
Jun 10, 2013

I think the email we got from L. yesterday (on a Sunday!) was really overboard.  She said the were " tired " of work being out of TAT on the weekends.  Weill, I'm tired of there not being any work on the weekdays.  I happen to use Sunday as my day of rest and time with my family, and I truly resent being bawled out for not working on Sunday.  I work the other six days and have a life on Sundays outside of OTI.  I am so sick of being treated like a second ...

Slang Term: Reo?
Mar 17, 2014

Hi - This dictator keeps referring to the patient being seen by s/l rio (reo? reho?).  I am thinking this has something to do with postop PT/OT, anesthesia, epidural.  Patient is recovering from orthopedic surgery and "rio" keeps coming in to see them on a daily basis. Any assistance would be most appreciated!!  Thank you in advance! ...

Is GMR A Legit Company, Not Sure What Their Problem Is
Aug 19, 2010

I saw an ad for GMR transcription and applied via their website’s application form.  I was using my mac at the time.  It didn’t seem to like it, so I then tried it using my Windows computer and I was able to proceed to the next step.  I get done with the application, I checked the box that asked if I would agree to a test, I pasted my resume and sent it on its way.  Nothing.  Although I did get a confirmation email that they received my application I never he ...

Doctor Slang Word
Mar 31, 2011

The doctor is saying: He will undergo the procedure with the s/l perbazo that this may increase his sugars. I'm having trouble finding this word on google and I know I've heard it before but just can't put my finger on it. Thanks so much for any help! ...

Transcription Doctors Legit?
Apr 09, 2012

California company....I'm wondering at this point if they are for real?  Thanks. ...

Info On MedWrite Out Of CA - Legit?
Apr 09, 2013

They have a post on another site. Know they are India owned and have a website but found very little else.  I've worked for MM so the India part doesn't bother me that much, just want to be sure I will get paid.  Appreciate any pertinent info. ...

Is WordMed.biz A Legit Company
Jul 26, 2014

Saw an ad for mental health transcription. Just wondering if they are legit? Anyone know anything about them? I applied/tested, got an email, set up a phone call to talk more.  I missed the call but they never made an effort to call a second time or email asking what happened.  ...

Slang In Blood Test Results.
Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks.  Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta.  ...

Hand Cramps Used As Slang For Quotes?
Feb 16, 2010

This is an elderly dictator.  CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Hand cramps.  I think I have a UTI.  The rest of the report goes on to talk about abdominal problems and doesn't mention the hands.  I already have "I think I have a UTI" in quotes, but is the hand cramps part some sort of slang for quotation marks, or should I leave it in there?  Thanks.  ...

Global Information Systems Is Legit?
Aug 13, 2012

Has anybody been contacted by GIS after testing and then said there was a verbal test?  Is this legit? ...

Cypress Medical - If This Company Is Really Legit
Jun 24, 2014

Does anyone know if this company is really legit. There is nothing that comes up on Google as far as a company website, or any information really. They give no contact name really. It seems odd. If anyone knows of a website or other company information, would be great. Thanks very much. Lots of scams out there these days. ...

Discouraged...are There Legit Good Companies Out There
Jan 13, 2015

I'm certainly getting discouraged by reading more and more on this board.  I used to work for MModal when it was Medquist and they seem just as bad on here.  TTS has bad reviews.  Seriously other than working at an office, which simply isn't feasible for me, are there any reputable, legit companies out there?  I went to the job seeker's board, but it seems it's all FT, or Nuance/TTS/MModal.  Glad I kept my other job, but I had wanted a little extra i ...

Is That Durham Rehab Ad Legit? I Smell A Scam, Anyone Else?
May 15, 2010

This ad just doesn't sit well with me. Did anyone apply and get a response? ...

Need Info On Legit Corporate Transcription Companies
Apr 09, 2013

I have a friend that would like to get into doing transcription so she can stay home with her kids.  She's done transcription before, but never medical.  I've done some research for her, but it's hard to tell which companies are legit or not.  Does anyone know of any companies that have corporate transcription and pay decently, other than Ubiqus, which isn't hiring right now? Thanks for your help! ...

Where Do You Find List Of Things Considered Slang Terms For SS
Feb 09, 2012

Cannot find ...

Is XELOX A Legit Chemo Regimen For Colorectal Cancer? Not Comfy With Ref. Thanks! Nm
Mar 18, 2014

.. ...

Is This A New Doctors "slang" That I Haven't Heard
Feb 15, 2010

Is this some kind of doctorize for ligament laxity, or something else entirely?? Would welcome any help here. Examination under moderate sedation showed a positive Lachman, questionable s/l "lilax" (not relax) posterior cruciate and lateral collateral and a third-degree MCL. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

"tap" For Ascites - ?slang - Sm
Jun 27, 2011

I've been transcribing this word for years and it dawned on me that I've never verified it anywhere.  Is it slang and we should substitute/recast or is it acceptable medical terminology?  "Massive ascites; status post therapeutic tap."  "Ultrasound revealed a great deal of ascitic fluid and the patient was tapped." Thanks.  ...