A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

elevated bath rest - NewOrthoMT

Posted: Oct 18, 2011

"...Coumadin, Percocet, Lovenox, and *s/l elevated bath rest*, as well as a scopolamine patch to apply prior to surgery."

This is for preop total hip arthroplasty. Thank you for the help!

elevated bed rest? - long shot

[ In Reply To ..]
guess

Not sure, has a bahh sound like "bath" - NewOrthoMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can flag as that, but I'm hoping for some other ideas before I do. It really sounds like "bath," though.

Thanks for the help :)

It sounds like - JS

[ In Reply To ..]
the doc is stating what the postoperative instructions will be after surgery. A patient would not be on Coumadin or Lovenox prior to the surgery. If this is the postop protocol list, "elevation at rest" would fit.

disagree - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
it's very common for patients to be transtioned from Coumadin and bridged with Lovenox prior to surgery.

Similar Messages:

7-day Rest .. Or 7 Day Rest - Would You Hyphenate According To BOS?
Jan 25, 2010

x ...

Dialysis Bath Help
Nov 24, 2010

I have an ESL doctor who's dictating dialysis bath solutions.  (I've never done these before).  He says 2 K, which I found no problem, but when I sent it to QA for some other blanks, it was corrected to 2 potassium.  Account info says to use abbreviations when dictated, even in the diagnosis/impression/assessment portions.  Is K the preferred transcription, or should I expand it?  Our QA is known to change correct transcription to incorrect.  Don't ...

Bird Bath?
Jun 17, 2015

s/l birth bath wile legs drains are still in place ??? thanks. ...

Cytostat, Sitostat Bath?
Jan 26, 2011

Cytobath?  Sitobath? ...

TSM Blood Bath...wish They Would Have Fired Me
Oct 22, 2014

She was great to us.  I can retire; she cannot.  Wonder what this company will do next to drag itself into the ground.  Out of loyalty to her, I was not quitting; now all bets are off.  Give me one reason...and Social Security here I come! ...

TNVSD Elevated???
Jan 11, 2010

Among other lab results, the doctor said what sounded like, "TNVSD elevated."  I have googled my head off with variations of this and can't come up with anything.  Any ideas? ...

Increased, Elevated
Jan 27, 2012

Hello!  Aren't increased and elevated the same?  This is the sentence: evaluate for increased elevated TSH. Do I leave this as is or take out one of them?  Which do I take out?  Do I just need a comma?  Can I leave it as is?  Thanks!       ...

Elevated Troponins
Dec 07, 2012

I have been coming across the words "troponitis" and "troponinitis."  Which is correct?  ...

S/l IV Rest Or Ivy Rest
May 17, 2010

This is a patient who has a rash and the doctor says, "She is using s/l IV rest on it." Any clue???? ...

Protein Electrophoresis-elevated Capa?
Mar 17, 2010

Can someone tell me if it is elevated CAPA or cAPA- what is the proper designation?  ...

Pt Had A Significantly Elevated Antibody Level With
Jul 17, 2010

x ...

LVEF 60% Filling Pressure Probably Elevated.
May 22, 2012

I am really not good with matters of the heart (you know what I mean!) should it be: LVEF 60%, filling pressure probably elevated. or LVEF 60% filling pressure, probably elevated. I am thinking it is the first one. ...

Can You Have A Subtherapeutic INR With Elevated Coumadin Level?
Dec 01, 2012

Can you have a subtherapeutic INR with elevated Coumadin level? ...

Ball Rest?
Aug 31, 2010

The patient was placed at s/l (ball rest) and sent home on s/l (prenal) nutrition and is readmitted for colectomy.   This dictation is so fussy. Can you help please? ...

Foot Rest
Jun 10, 2011

A while back I saw a post on here where an MT was advertising a foot rest that her husband was making that enabled transcriptionists to elevate their legs while still using the foot pedal.  I believe it was taken down before I got the info.  Does anybody know where I can get in touch with her?  Thanks. ...

MedScribe No Different From The Rest
May 15, 2012

I thought I had a great job transcribing for a specialty clinic in Chicago, but lost it to speech wreck.  MedScribe lied and told us it was a computer upgrade for Chicago, but now I'm left here with no work because it all went to speech wreck.  I would have changed over to another account but I was sucked in and believed about the upgrade.  Now I have no work.  Anybody else?, because I have an attorney and he would like to hear from all of us.  This industry is ...

Rest-all? Restol?
Sep 14, 2013

Has anyone heard of what s/l "Rest-all" - placed over bony prominences to protect the skin?  Thanks!  :) ...

S/L Rasp Or Rest
Nov 20, 2013

This 84-year-old female presents with a history of intermittent and variable expressive aphasia with apparent intact receptive capability. I believe that her intermittent episodes of speech ___(s/l rasp or rest) and repetition are do to her underlying expressive aphasia, and I do not find any evidence of an underlying epileptiform etiology. ...

A QC Question For The Rest Of You
Dec 18, 2014

For simplicity's sake, let's say I get a postaudit and it's 90%. Is my QC for the week 90%, or is it the one 90% audit averaged with my other work? OR, if there were 2 post audits, one being 100% and one being 90%, is it 95%? This is something I never got a clear answer on. I'm not sure they know lol. ...

Rest Breaks
May 15, 2015

Does M*Modal pay for rest breaks? ...

S/l Octreus Dye Scan For Elevated Chromatin Level?
Nov 16, 2009

This patient has dysautonomia and an elevated chormatin level.  He needs some type of scan done, and I need to verify.  Thanks!!  Abby ...

Help..in Lab Data, Doc Says White Count Elevated At 50.4 Thousand (sm)
Jun 29, 2011

This is a verbatim acct.  Would you type 50.4 thousand? ...

I Inserted A S/l Kathy And Elevated The Liver To Take Down The Adhesions
Oct 18, 2011

x ...

Escription Versus The Rest Of Us
Nov 18, 2009

There's obviously an apples and oranges difference between Escription and the rest of the VR editing softwares out there.  Those who are on Escription - bless your hearts - you are very fortunate.  But if you haven't done VR on another platform, please stop trying to tell the rest of us we are obviously doing something wrong if we can't easily double our lines with VR.  It just isn't happening for most of us.  I have worked in transcription for 30 years - ...

Keyboard Wrist Rest
Jul 20, 2011

I cannot type without a wrist rest for my keyboard. I had a good one and cannot replace it as they no longer make it.  Can anyone suggest a good one?  My old one was 19" long and about 2" deep. Thanks so much! ...

Just Ran Out Of Work, Wondering If The Rest Of You Are
Jul 25, 2012

still dealing with this.  I am so limited with available time after my shift and it's so hard to make all this time up.  I thought things were picking up a bit but here I sit....... ...

California Rest Break FYI
May 15, 2015

"(c) If an employer fails to provide an employee a meal or rest orrecovery period in accordance with a state law, including, but notlimited to, an applicable statute or applicable regulation, standard,or order of the Industrial Welfare Commission, the OccupationalSafety and Health Standards Board, or the Division of OccupationalSafety and Health, the employer shall pay the employee one additionalhour of pay at the employee's regular rate of compensation for eachworkday that the meal or rest ...

Do The Rest Of You Find, Being Paid Only Per Line,
Nov 06, 2009

Another poster stated they only get paid when they type (just like the rest of us).  Since going from per-hour to per line wages, I've been finding it nearly impossible to take any kind of a break whatsoever, whether it be a day off, or an hour break.  I make so little at this, that all I can think of while doing anything other than typing, is how much money am I losing.  Do you, too, start feeling guilty about unchaining yourselves from your desk for even the short ...

Working Every Sunday For The Rest Of My Career
Apr 18, 2012

We are required to work a full-time schedule that includes either Saturday or Sunday, every weekend, forever. The only time we can take a full weekend is if we take a PTO day. But the problem is that we don't get paid holidays anymore (unless we work), so we are almost forced to take many of those as PTO days.  Our sick days come out of our PTO days.  I guess what I am saying is that the thought of having hardly any full weekends "forever" is very disheartening.  The company ...

"K Bath" - ?slang, Legit-sm
Mar 24, 2010

Context:  renal patient with hypokalemia.  "I will give a single dose of potassium and adjust his K bath".  ...