A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doctor Slang Word - MTLove

Posted: Mar 31, 2011

The doctor is saying: He will undergo the procedure with the s/l perbazo that this may increase his sugars. I'm having trouble finding this word on google and I know I've heard it before but just can't put my finger on it. Thanks so much for any help!

Proviso-- found it - MTLove

[ In Reply To ..]
Proviso--go figure--lol. Thanks for anyone that might have searched.

Not slang - RVMT

[ In Reply To ..]
proviso -- a conditional stipulation (Webster's)

Similar Messages:

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

How Do Handle When A Doctor Makes Up A Word?
Sep 16, 2014

I have a psych doc who always says "the patient was less complaintive today."  I've changed it o "the patient complained less today."  But the doc sends the report back for correction and wants the word "complaintive" which is NOT a word!  I've been giving it to him, but man it drives me crazy. I have an ortho doc who ALWAYS says "all were in agreeance" and I change it to agreement and so far so good, but he is still dictating agreeance.  ...

Word/term For Time Off For Doctor Visit
Apr 08, 2014

I am almost finished with a medical transcription course.  There is one worde/term being dictated that I just cannot understand.  It refers to when someone takes time off work for a doctor visit.  It sounds like the person dictating is saying "emuran."  Can anyone help me.   Thanks so much ...

Can't Find Word Doctor Even Wrote It Out Pancreatobiliary Tract??? Ever Heard Of This??
Jun 04, 2010

Is This Slang?
Oct 12, 2010

she sometimes "gets off on a tangent" and stutters Would you change it or leave it? thanks! ...

Slang
Jul 04, 2013

When "migs per kig" is dictated does it mean mcg/kg or mg/kg. ...

Tracheostomy Slang
Dec 06, 2010

When a doctor dictates for a tracheostomy and says "trach", is it trach or trache?  Also, is it okay to type trach or trache, or should you put tracheostomy? Thanks. ...

Slang Term: Reo?
Mar 17, 2014

Hi - This dictator keeps referring to the patient being seen by s/l rio (reo? reho?).  I am thinking this has something to do with postop PT/OT, anesthesia, epidural.  Patient is recovering from orthopedic surgery and "rio" keeps coming in to see them on a daily basis. Any assistance would be most appreciated!!  Thank you in advance! ...

Is Rhoncoarse A Word? Doctor Specifically Saying Rhoncoarse (as In Coarse Rhonchi)
Nov 20, 2010

sentence is:  As above she has (rhoncoarse) inspiratory and expiratory breath sounds throughout our interview.    Doctor is not foreign and speaks very clearly... ...

Slang In Blood Test Results.
Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks.  Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta.  ...

Hand Cramps Used As Slang For Quotes?
Feb 16, 2010

This is an elderly dictator.  CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Hand cramps.  I think I have a UTI.  The rest of the report goes on to talk about abdominal problems and doesn't mention the hands.  I already have "I think I have a UTI" in quotes, but is the hand cramps part some sort of slang for quotation marks, or should I leave it in there?  Thanks.  ...

Where Do You Find List Of Things Considered Slang Terms For SS
Feb 09, 2012

Cannot find ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Is This A New Doctors "slang" That I Haven't Heard
Feb 15, 2010

Is this some kind of doctorize for ligament laxity, or something else entirely?? Would welcome any help here. Examination under moderate sedation showed a positive Lachman, questionable s/l "lilax" (not relax) posterior cruciate and lateral collateral and a third-degree MCL. ...

"K Bath" - ?slang, Legit-sm
Mar 24, 2010

Context:  renal patient with hypokalemia.  "I will give a single dose of potassium and adjust his K bath".  ...

"tap" For Ascites - ?slang - Sm
Jun 27, 2011

I've been transcribing this word for years and it dawned on me that I've never verified it anywhere.  Is it slang and we should substitute/recast or is it acceptable medical terminology?  "Massive ascites; status post therapeutic tap."  "Ultrasound revealed a great deal of ascitic fluid and the patient was tapped." Thanks.  ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...