A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dialysis bath help - saugust

Posted: Nov 24, 2010

I have an ESL doctor who's dictating dialysis bath solutions.  (I've never done these before).  He says 2 K, which I found no problem, but when I sent it to QA for some other blanks, it was corrected to 2 potassium. 

Account info says to use abbreviations when dictated, even in the diagnosis/impression/assessment portions. 

Is K the preferred transcription, or should I expand it?  Our QA is known to change correct transcription to incorrect.  Don't blast me on that.  I've done QA with this company before.  They don't necessarily put the most knowledgeable MTs on QA.  It seems to be whomever agrees to do it. 

I have always heard it dictated as a **K bath and that - is what we type. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks. nm - saugust

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Similar Messages:

Bird Bath?
Jun 17, 2015

s/l birth bath wile legs drains are still in place ??? thanks. ...

Cytostat, Sitostat Bath?
Jan 26, 2011

Cytobath?  Sitobath? ...

Elevated Bath Rest
Oct 18, 2011

"...Coumadin, Percocet, Lovenox, and *s/l elevated bath rest*, as well as a scopolamine patch to apply prior to surgery."   This is for preop total hip arthroplasty. Thank you for the help! ...

TSM Blood Bath...wish They Would Have Fired Me
Oct 22, 2014

She was great to us.  I can retire; she cannot.  Wonder what this company will do next to drag itself into the ground.  Out of loyalty to her, I was not quitting; now all bets are off.  Give me one reason...and Social Security here I come! ...

Dialysis
May 27, 2010

we will dialyze him tomorrow with a S/L ? VICA ? concentration of approximately 28 mEq/L..... Thanks. ...

Dialysis Term
Dec 07, 2009

A s/l two K path was used today in dialysis. Thanks in advance! ...

Medication After Dialysis
Oct 16, 2011

s/l  sert uh law  14 mg with additional 18 mg after dialysis.   please help! Thanks in advance ...

Dialysis Word HELP
Sep 11, 2013

"The patient is undergoing peritoneal dialysis. At home, the patient undergoes cycler peritoneal dialysis. Here, he is receiving manual exchanges every 6 hours 1.5% __________, 2.5 L." s/l "dy a neel" ...

Dialysis Question
Jan 31, 2014

The word I have in question is "long".  Is this correct? She was over 5 kilos above her dry weight, and not due for another dialysis session until tomorrow at which time I thought she very likely would be another 2 kilos long. I cannot find anything anywhere that explains "long". Thanks, ...

Renal Expert?? Dialysis Term Could Be CBA, CTA, Or Something Else
Oct 23, 2009

Does anyone know what term this might be regarding dialysis? I just can't hear what letters he's saying, though I'm pretty sure the first one is "C." I have googled both CBA and CTA and have only gotten those Elsevier articles which I don't have access to. Any renal experts out there?? ...

S/l Lura-lie Caps...on A Dialysis Catheter. Nm
Jul 20, 2013

. ...

This Dialysis Patient Has An Arteriovenous Fistula In The Left Upper Arm.
Oct 20, 2009

On exam, doc says, "she has a palpable s/l furlin to the upper arm."  It could be something it was treated with.  TIA!! ...

"K Bath" - ?slang, Legit-sm
Mar 24, 2010

Context:  renal patient with hypokalemia.  "I will give a single dose of potassium and adjust his K bath".  ...

"Mahooka" Dialysis Access Catheter?
May 01, 2010

S/L "Mahooka" dialysis access catheter...please help! ...

Hyphenate "dialysis-dependent" If No Noun After?
Oct 25, 2011

I know that "dialysis-dependent" requires the hyphen if a noun follows the phrase as in, "The dialysis-dependent patient..." However, would the hyphen be appropriate in this phrase if a noun did NOT follow it as in "This is an 81-year-old woman with diabetes who is dialysis-dependent."? Would this be considered a noun + adjective, thus requiring the hyphen? ...