A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Slang in blood test results. - sm

Posted: Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks. 

Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta. 

I would definitely replace the slang with the full terms. nm - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That was my thought, but I wasn't sure.

if it is verbatim, type it as dictated; what are the acc. specifics?..nm - verb

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

slang - word4wordmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have to agree with the last reply, I think you should always type your document as the doctor dictated and in verbatim. This way you can not be wrong. Good luck with your decission.

Similar Messages:

MQ Test Results
Jan 04, 2012

Thank you for your interest in the Medical Transcriptionist position with MedQuist. We appreciate that you took the time to complete testing. We have carefully reviewed your testing results against the position criteria. Unfortunately, as a result of this review, these results do not match the position criteria. Once again, we very much appreciate your interest and wish you the best in your career endeavors.  I thought I did well on it! Oh well...back to collecting govt checks lol ...

Test Results
May 02, 2012

my test results for a job were 97 for objective part then 80 for transcription part! i dunno what my weak spots are :( it's probably things i would be able to work through after the first month of employment anyhow   ...

DOH/DLH Blood Test
Aug 31, 2010

Doc says patient needs a s/l DOH or DLH blood test. Anyone? Thanks! ...

Blood Test
Aug 31, 2011

We agreed to have a s/l v8y and B12 checked on her blood work today in addition to her other blood work. Need help with above term. Thanks ...

Failed MQ Test. Will I Be Able To See My Results?
Jul 18, 2010

Have 15 years experience, however, they said I failed test? ...

Test Results From E-MTS Are Back.
Mar 05, 2012

Well I feel like I have been hit with a sledge hammer.  Just got my results from transcription testing and they say I made too many errors.  Strange to hear that, because I honestly thought I did a great job.  Two OP reports and EEG.  Of course I know on EEG I did not hear half of what dictator was saying, so how could I do a good job.   You know the more I think about this, I am probably better off not to be hired by this company.  The OP report was a C-secti ...

S/l Glucide Blood Test
Feb 28, 2012

hello, please help me out here if you can! i have a client who uses english as a second language, therefore making this difficult to understand.  while screening for hepatitis, he appears to say, "glucide blood test." is it possible this would be "glucose/blood test" ? thnx! ...

How Long Until I Get Results Of Test With MModal
Feb 13, 2012

Does anyone know?  TIA ...

How To Type A Blood Test Finding
Mar 10, 2010

My doctor is talking about the ALT being slightly elevated.  He says: "Less than two one one half time normal level."  Can anybody let me know how I should type this? ...

PTHFA? PTHSA? Hyperparathyroidism Blood Test.
Jun 08, 2010

x ...

I Have Not Typed Blood Test S/l NCR Reactor Or Reactive Protein
Jan 25, 2010

I have recommended a complete blood count, sedimentation rate, and s/l NCR reactor or reactive protein to determine whether this might be some persistent low-grade infection.  TIA. ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

Is This Slang?
Oct 12, 2010

she sometimes "gets off on a tangent" and stutters Would you change it or leave it? thanks! ...

Slang
Jul 04, 2013

When "migs per kig" is dictated does it mean mcg/kg or mg/kg. ...

Tracheostomy Slang
Dec 06, 2010

When a doctor dictates for a tracheostomy and says "trach", is it trach or trache?  Also, is it okay to type trach or trache, or should you put tracheostomy? Thanks. ...

Slang Term: Reo?
Mar 17, 2014

Hi - This dictator keeps referring to the patient being seen by s/l rio (reo? reho?).  I am thinking this has something to do with postop PT/OT, anesthesia, epidural.  Patient is recovering from orthopedic surgery and "rio" keeps coming in to see them on a daily basis. Any assistance would be most appreciated!!  Thank you in advance! ...

Doctor Slang Word
Mar 31, 2011

The doctor is saying: He will undergo the procedure with the s/l perbazo that this may increase his sugars. I'm having trouble finding this word on google and I know I've heard it before but just can't put my finger on it. Thanks so much for any help! ...

Hand Cramps Used As Slang For Quotes?
Feb 16, 2010

This is an elderly dictator.  CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Hand cramps.  I think I have a UTI.  The rest of the report goes on to talk about abdominal problems and doesn't mention the hands.  I already have "I think I have a UTI" in quotes, but is the hand cramps part some sort of slang for quotation marks, or should I leave it in there?  Thanks.  ...

Where Do You Find List Of Things Considered Slang Terms For SS
Feb 09, 2012

Cannot find ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is This A New Doctors "slang" That I Haven't Heard
Feb 15, 2010

Is this some kind of doctorize for ligament laxity, or something else entirely?? Would welcome any help here. Examination under moderate sedation showed a positive Lachman, questionable s/l "lilax" (not relax) posterior cruciate and lateral collateral and a third-degree MCL. ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

"K Bath" - ?slang, Legit-sm
Mar 24, 2010

Context:  renal patient with hypokalemia.  "I will give a single dose of potassium and adjust his K bath".  ...

Lab Results - DNA
Oct 27, 2009

This is a rheumatology note.  The doctor is dictating lab results. "ANA negative.  DNA positive at s/l ten nine, considered indeterminate" My question is, how is this s/l ten nine result transcribed?  10/9?  10:9?  10(9)?  Anyone? Thanks in advance! :) ...

ABI Results
Jan 19, 2010

results of ABI studies: ...with decreased waveforms at the feet and a pressure of approximately XX at the DT. is that DT, dT or something else? ...

FTR - The Immediate Results ....
Apr 03, 2010

I almost sent a report to QA.  The only reason I didn't was because it was a high line count document and I couldn't risk the possible submission rate due to its high line count.  Not very wise choice of how to grade the submission rate MQ.  I don't like sending a document to the client with blanks, but there comes a time when self protection kicks in.  PM likes the FTR low QA submission rate.  We will see how PM likes it when the clients starting noticing ...

Lab Results
Nov 11, 2010

I'm familiar with PPD, but has anyone heard of such a thing as:  PPBD?  Thanks for your help. ...

Help! EKG Results.....
May 07, 2011

Diagnosis:  Pleuritic chest pain with fever.  The EKG showed a rate of 84, s/l "pear" intervals 138, s/l "cure-ess" 78 with QT of 368, "cure-ess axis" of 34. Am lost when it comes to cardiac!  Thank so much. ...

AST Lab Results
Jan 01, 2012

AST was 30L5. How would you type this? Do you type labs in a paragraph format one after another or do you list them in a bullet format? Thanks ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...